oneBoro Forum
Red Rocket

Boro V Sheffield Wednesday 1-4 (McNair)

1 minute ago, Brunners said:

There is absolutely no trace of the team that played against Luton and parts of the Brentford and Bristol City games.

We've played some decent football at times this season and some terrible football at others. This one barely even classes as football, this is the worst 45 minutes I think I have ever watched.

I’ve seen pretty obvious elements from the Luton game tbf, the defending has been just has awful today as it was then. Think your being unfair there (;

If someone could remind the gaffer the team have to defend to win games, that'd be good. The defence as a unit has been awful today. Set pieces and in open play, losing the battle every time. Nuhiu and Fletcher outclassing everyone. Bola seems incapable of attacking the ball when it's loose and would rather try to block a cross than prevent it from happening at all, watching the ball float over his head all the time.

McNair aside, what a dreadful performance all round.

2 minutes ago, boro-unger said:

Finally, Garry Monk thrashes someone at the riverside!

Getting shown up by Monk is a humiliation I feel specifically because I think he's a awful manager not sure what that says about us right now that he's the 1 doing this, eurgh. I thought we'd lose 2 1 the way this is going they could easily get 6.

• Like 2

Also, to the lad who threw the ball away from Randolph when he came to get it late in the half, get ***. He might not be having a great game but he's not culpable for any of the goals as far as I can tell.

• Angry 1

The only good decision Gibson has made in the last decade has been appointing Karanka then even when he got us to the premiership he refused to back him in the January window as signing Gestede must of been some kind of joke and that lead to Karanka leaving. So I don't even think Karanka would return now after his trust being broken by Gibson

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

Surely Karanka has to be top choice if woodgate gets sacked?

This is the only sensible move I can think of, we are back in the same situation he dragged us out of last time.