oneBoro Forum

Boro V Sheffield Wednesday 1-4 (McNair)

Simply the players we need to rely on the most were missing in mind and body today.

There can not be a single excuse for what happened today and if we start looking for them then we all are accepting of below mediocre and poor displays from a team we all collectively follow.

Will ask the question again what the hell has happened with Lewis Wing of late because even he is putting in some pretty dire performances

• Like 1
  • Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Again, really? Monk got everyone he wanted for huge prices, he had a blank cheque handed to him. Pulis had the ability to turn down players for not wanting to play at Middlesbrough for the rest of the

I mean I don't agree for a start that Southgate had a better pedigree than Woodgate. He's also been involved outside the playing side of the game longer than Southgate was. Monk had plenty more experi

One step forward, two steps back. Its becoming a familiar pattern with Boro this season. Just when you think we're starting to make progress, we're right back at square one. There wasn't much to cheer

Posted Images

Read Woodgate assessment and quite frankly it was very disappointing because he sums it up from the heart and not on a technical basis. Of course we know everyone at the club is disappointed and that would be a standard declaration and stating raring to go is not a solution. We all know he is a Middlesbrough lad and was a player but I wanted to hear his ideas on how he was going to address the problems. I’m sorry but I still don’t know what style of play or formation we are attempting because every game so far has been different and no I don’t expect him to commit to high pressing game every game. I’m not worried about missed chances because at least we are creating but I am stunned at how poor the defense are, if it could be called a defense. Every cross and every set piece ends up in our net and sometimes BORO assisted. I would not know were to begin and I’m afraid I don’t think Woody knows either. 

27 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Will ask the question again what the hell has happened with Lewis Wing of late because even he is putting in some pretty dire performances

He's really good friends with Tav who supposedly has attitude problems. Maybe they're rubbing off on LW?

7 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

Read Woodgate assessment and quite frankly it was very disappointing because he sums it up from the heart and not on a technical basis. Of course we know everyone at the club is disappointed and that would be a standard declaration and stating raring to go is not a solution. We all know he is a Middlesbrough lad and was a player but I wanted to hear his ideas on how he was going to address the problems.

Woodgate says what the press officer tells him to, that's why he repeats it word-for-word in each different post match interview. They've decided 'one of our own' will get more time to turn things around. And well.. he got completely out-thought, again. How many games is it now where we've failed to manage direct balls into the big man or down the channels? Not playing Ayala today was a huge rookie mistake which as a CB himself he shouldn't be making.

11 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

Woodgate says what the press officer tells him to, that's why he repeats it word-for-word in each different post match interview. They've decided 'one of our own' will get more time to turn things around. And well.. he got completely out-thought, again. How many games is it now where we've failed to manage direct balls into the big man or down the channels? Not playing Ayala today was a huge rookie mistake which as a CB himself he shouldn't be making.

Certainly not disagreeing that Ayala needed to play but I actually think Shotton has had a few decent games and Fry offers us something different at the back when we are on the ball. I think there was some justification to the decision to play them, as much as I personally would have Ayala on the team-sheet every time he isn't suspended. ?

That was the worst performance in as long as I can remember. The only trait within our style of play that is distinctive is that we attempt to press teams high up the pitch, however, it's leaving gaps throughout to spine of our team for the opposition to play through us at ease. Considering there's now 3 cm's there now they're providing awful protection as they're all pressing forwards trying to regain the ball. It's absolutely shambolic tactics. Watching our three cm's now only reaffirms what fantastic, disciplined roles that Clayton and Leadbitter did during their prime with us in the Karanka Championship years.

I cant' see how things can improve as we're awfully coached. What I'd do to have Karanka back to drill his system into these players. He was overly emotional and moody but he was a fantastic coach and knew how to get consistency out of players. Woodgate is starting to look absolutely out of his depth. He only got into power by promising things that were overly optimistic and is now starting to be caught in the harsh reality of the position that we're in - akin to Boris Johnson.

Edited by p_mards
  • Like 1

I'm *** off. And the worst bit is I'm not even surprised we are where we are. 

A rookie manager struggling to get the most out of his team? Shock. Gibson has *** the fans over with Woodgate. 

I dont care he is a Boro lad. He is clueless. 

At least Karanka had experience and pedigree when he took us over. Its astonishing just how far we've fallen. 

I dont even blame Woodgate at all. Any of us would jump at the chance to manage our home town team. Steve Gibson, this is on you. 

Please vote with your feet!

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Downsouth said:

Simply the players we need to rely on the most were missing in mind and body today.

There can not be a single excuse for what happened today and if we start looking for them then we all are accepting of below mediocre and poor displays from a team we all collectively follow.

Wings look totally disinterested this season so far which is disappointing in the least. 

As a season ticket holder I've elected to not go on Tuesday and instead go to my local side. I'm just horrified by the way the clubs going. Imo were still stuck in the 90s with a scouting system that's backwards and praying and hoping rookies turn out well. 

I'm just amazed at how the club is such a state on and off the pitch right now I never thought I'd live to the day I see Boro in a relegation fight in the championship, especially with the team we have. 

Pulis needed to go earlier I totally agree but the fact he had this time barring a couple of players extra in the playoffs was impressive. 

How long do we give this project before we realise its not going to work? Just until we get relegated? After Xmas? Until March? 

Think the fans as mentioned above need to make their voices heard. 

I feel sorry for Woodgate.  I honestly don’t know whether he has what it takes, but I’m certain he has been screwed over by Gibson. Three L1 players signed, experienced players sold, a massively inexperienced coaching team cobbled together and Premier League loans lined up vetoed. 

What did Gibson expect? I’m guessing he will consider staying up a success this year. Really starting to think we should have stuck with Monk. 

The way Monk tried to play here is not how he's played with the last two teams he's played with at the Riverside. It was Juke who nearly did us last time and it was Fletcher and Nuhiu who did us this time. That direct, bustly approach is nothing akin to the style he was trying to play here. Even when Gestede started well under Monk, he was playing left of a 3 and not as a focal point.

Just seen the highlights .. Britt is so wastefull .. Been saying this for a long time .. Now he even miss sitters within his range 5 yards out.. 

How can a pro footballer have so little tecnique when it comes to shooting... Or .. wait .. forget that .. He always shoot with full force .. He would have score twice today if he could calm down and just tap it in .. But on both occasions he swings his leg with full force .. and *** misses .. 

Reach looks very good these days .. 

• Like 2

I’d be dropping Wing for Tuesday and putting Howson back in. 

He’s done nothing so far to suggest he deserves that regular spot in the team and doesn’t look the same player as last year. 

I'm reading the comments on here and wondering whether Woodgate is getting too much of an easy ride. 

Yes all the problems stem from Gibson but Woodgate has enough decent players to be doing better than this. We are not a squad full of 18 year olds.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1