oneBoro Forum
Red Rocket

Boro V Sheffield Wednesday 1-4 (McNair)

149 games since he last scored and on his 150th an own goal.

Ra ra ra Gooooooooo Awaaaaaaaaaaaaaay Adaaaaam

• Haha 2

Interesting comments made about Woody and free passes and my thoughts on the subject is that he has been given much more leeway than other managers would have been afforded. As most longer serving members on here will note my benchmark for forecasting the season and manager was 6 games in and yes it did encourage a lot of debates and I still hold that view. However to date I have not attempted to promote my opinion because as with most I don’t hold much hope but a mid table finish which is more than feasible. I retract all above Oh FFS!!!  not another home goal. 

I dont blame Woodgate at all, I blame Gibson.

I mean seriously what chance does any manager have when the club owner doesnt back them in the transfer market

• Like 3

Just now, mj south said:

I dont blame Woodgate at all, I blame Gibson.

I mean seriously what chance does any manager have when the club owner doesnt back them in the transfer market

yep, we all know Woodgate wasn't actually happy with the window. How can we blame Woodgate, he's doing the best he can considering the circumstances.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Latest Posts

• If you are that way inclined, here is a link to this years championship relegation and promotion calculator.  https://thefishy.co.uk/calculator1.php   I’m a glass full type of person, but I can see us falling short in our quest for the playoffs.
    • Not really. Most clubs don't share owners with 5 other teams, we'd be part of the Red Bull franchise. The City Group is worse, because of the disgusting human rights abuses, but even ignoring that I find the idea of people and companies owning multiple clubs very off putting.
    • I don't think a Red Bull takeover would be ruinous for the club: 1. We already play in red and white, so a splash of yellow in our kit isn't going to change it the way a red/white/yellow kit would materially affect Chelsea or West Brom. 2. Red Bull couldn't change our club's name under FA rules. Our history and identity would be protected to a degree, at least. 3.  It's not like they'd have to build a new stadium to enable MFC to flourish. The Riverside is fine. Again, heritage preserved. 4. If they wanted to rename the stadium the Red Bull Riverside, is it really worse than the BT Cellnet Riverside? 5. Our club is sinking into obscurity at present. Red Bull have a proven track record of making clubs successful, and after the last ten years, we could do with their guidance. 6. There are far fewer ethical concerns about being owned by an energy drinks company than by Emiratis, obscure shell corporations or Mike Ashley. Or Karl Oyston. Or Steve Dale. Or anyone else who decides to make Steve Gibson an offer in future. 7. I'd much rather see people walking around Middlesbrough advertising energy drinks on their replica shirts than the assorted pawnbrokers and bookmakers we've been sponsored by since the late Noughties. 8. It does appear Steve Gibson is losing interest in MFC, and his decision making over the last decade has been fairly absymal. Wouldn't it be nice to have a clear identity, a sense of direction, and a long-term plan? Even a Director of Football, for Christ's sake? As for the reactions of other clubs' supporters, (a) IDGAF, and (b) they'd just be jealous. Red Bull are a typically efficient Germanic organisation who have successfully disrupted every industry they've entered. They know what they're doing. Can the same be said for our current owner, who has been trading on past glories for over a decade?
    • Sorry if this has been asked already but is there going to be a match thread for Barnsley game?