oneBoro Forum

Boro V Preston North End 1-1 (Fisher OG)

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think Browne has had a good game

Well Teddy's happy that the Boro are being shown on the box but I wonder what his reasons are? Staying up late on a school night for a 6 year old is appealing or simply because he gets the watch

I think after the Blackburn game he has REALLY taken Mowbrays comments to heart about having to play ugly to win sometimes. He even has said himself since (although I can't find the quote right now) t

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, BearSmog said:

I think we need to do with Bola what we have done with Dijksteel and give him a good run of games. 

It’s tough for woodgate because arguably coulson is the better prospect and they are both young. With Dijksteel you just have a 30 odd year old Ryan Shotton competing 

Dijksteel looks like a good player to me. He is settling in now and I think he will grow as the season progresses. Bola looks like he needs more time. I would like to see Coulson back and getting a run in the team. I think Shotton was good tonight and don’t understand why he gets such hate from our fans.

We were alright tonight, we could have won that one but a point isn't unfair.

Browne and Tavernier looked constant threats, even if Tav is lacking any pace, and far more solid from crosses.

Ref was shocking, linesmen poor and they took their cues from him, and Preston got surprisingly dirty at the end 

3 days till the next match, not sure I'd change anything.

• Like 2

I think Dijksteel is definitely growing into it, looks more and more confident. Can tell he's not naturally an attacking player though - needs to get out on the practice field and practice crossing regularly!

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, Brunners said:

I think Dijksteel is definitely growing into it, looks more and more confident. Can tell he's not naturally an attacking player though - needs to get out on the practice field and practice crossing regularly!

And shooting ?

Dont you think you will see Fletch in the starting line up for a while - Keane and Woody were furious with him for the entire time he was on the pitch.

Thought Dijksteel, McNair and Tavernier had a really good game.

Britt - I know people think I dislike the fella, but honestly he is hopeless and you can tell he doesn't want to be at the club. Scared to mistake and can't hack it when the fans get on his back.

Thought a draw was a fair result as they should of had a penalty in the 1st half when Ayala took down Tom Barchuizen(?).

Improvement from Saturday but that didn't take much.

I actually didn't think Browne didn't do too much and I'm quite surprised by the fan reaction. He was direct and tried taking his marker on but spent half the game either losing the ball or getting chopped down because he kept cutting inside.

Ayala and Fry are our most solid CB partnership and we looked solid in that area.

I completely agree regarding getting Coulson back to give us width, balance and attacking outlet - something our team is crying out for.

I still think we are going to struggle massively and we need a winger and another forward.

Be nice to sign of with a win against Birmingham on Friday night to go into the international break..

UTB

2 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Dont you think you will see Fletch in the starting line up for a while - Keane and Woody were furious with him for the entire time he was on the pitch.

Thought Dijksteel, McNair and Tavernier had a really good game.

Britt - I know people think I dislike the fella, but honestly he is hopeless and you can tell he doesn't want to be at the club. Scared to mistake and can't hack it when the fans get on his back.

Thought a draw was a fair result as they should of had a penalty in the 1st half when Ayala took down Tom Barchuizen(?).

Improvement from Saturday but that didn't take much.

I actually didn't think Browne didn't do too much and I'm quite surprised by the fan reaction. He was direct and tried taking his marker on but spent half the game either losing the ball or getting chopped down because he kept cutting inside.

Ayala and Fry are our most solid CB partnership and we looked solid in that area.

I completely agree regarding getting Coulson back to give us width, balance and attacking outlet - something our team is crying out for.

I still think we are going to struggle massively and we need a winger and another forward.

Be nice to sign of with a win against Birmingham on Friday night to go into the international break..

UTB

Furious with Fletcher.. Please explain more.

1 minute ago, SmogDane said:

Furious with Fletcher.. Please explain more

They both spent about 5mins telling him to run in behind there LB and LCB and he kept on coming towards the ball. Keane went absolutely ballistic and kept shouting to Woody 'what part doesn't he understand'. What made things worse was that Fletcher just kept shrugging his shoulders as he was either confused or didnt give a flying **** lol.

1 minute ago, diggerlad07 said:

They both spent about 5mins telling him to run in behind there LB and LCB and he kept on coming towards the ball. Keane went absolutely ballistic and kept shouting to Woody 'what part doesn't he understand'. What made things worse was that Fletcher just kept shrugging his shoulders as he was either confused or didnt give a flying **** lol.

Must also be frustrating being on the sideline knowing movement and descisions as well as Keane and then see a "weak" Fletcher being scared and confused... 

We could do with a totally new striker in the window coming. 

Britt is not my cuppa .. He sometimes shows up with the easy tap in .. But since the friendlies, he hasn't scored any spectacular goals .. And I hate his attitude.. To be fair, his hold up play was quite good today. But he is still frustrating to watch.

5 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

Must also be frustrating being on the sideline knowing movement and descisions as well as Keane and then see a "weak" Fletcher being scared and confused... 

We could do with a totally new striker in the window coming. 

Britt is not my cuppa .. He sometimes shows up with the easy tap in .. But since the friendlies, he hasn't scored any spectacular goals .. And I hate his attitude.. To be fair, his hold up play was quite good today. But he is still frustrating to watch.

I thought the same regarding his hold up play but he makes the wrong decision time and time again for example when to release the ball, dribble or pass. He could be different with a player like Steven Fletcher alongside him but unfortunately we don't play that way.

I'd like to see Johnson Clarke Harris type striker come in for cheap and put pressure on Britt and Fletch until the end of season until we rebuild again.

• Like 1

Not sure what Fletcher did wrong to be honest. I'd say what was more the problem was that we looked more like 5 at the back and let them back into the game when we made the changes. Tonight was the first game this season where I genuinely thought we could make changes and we could be stronger going to the end of the match with something a bit different and somehow we got it wrong and it made us worse, if anything we allowed them back into the game when they'd had very little of it all of the second half. We may well have been better off not changing a thing.

Overall, once again the first half paled in comparison to the second for me. I thought even McNair had a relatively poor first half compared to his usual. He was great second half though. Real 'engine' of a player. Pulis said Saville will be a future captain of Boro whilst keeping McNair on the sidelines or a scapegoat at right back. I think McNair could be a future captain, really setting an example right now.

Tav and Browne gave a good account of themselves, you could see what we were trying to do, shape to cross and cut it back and better finishing could have seen us win the game from a couple of those chances. Browne really often got the better of his man one way or another, he mixed it up quite a bit so they couldn't quite get a grip on him until they physically got hold of him.

Shotton didn't look overly out of place at left back but it was a severe hindrance first half when he simply couldn't use his left foot. I don't know if it was tactical but neither him not Dijksteel really stretched the pitch on the counter, Dijksteel was almost always a bit off the pace on the overlap. Other than that he had a really good game. Ayala was often good when needed and Fry had a much easier game as a result.

The goals, well first half Preston had more of the game than in the second but I think they got a slice of luck with their goal. The way the ball bounced completely caught us out and the lad couldn't miss. We got a similarly jammy goal from a decent move.

Last but not least, I'm not gonna complain about the ref in the respect of denying us any clear chance today. I didn't think much to any of our penalty shouts as much as sheer desperation to score saw me shouting for one at the end when McNair threw himself to the ground. However, he was rubbish and the linesmen were similarly rubbish. There was that moment in the first half when Ayala cleared and it seemed like the ref gave a decision that the ball went out when the linesman didn't see it go out. There was the injury to the Preston player who seemed to think that because the physio was close enough to talk to him, he didn't need to leave the pitch and the ref didn't look like he gave a *** for far too long. There were 2 or 3 occasions where he gave decisions from our players being dragged to the floor the other way, Britt on the edge of the area and McNair racing down the right wing in the second half. The first one in particular was during us picking Preston apart and Britt was simply trying to hold up the ball, played it on and then the ref blew for sweet *** all as far as I could see, it ruined our momentum in the move and gave them a chance to run the clock down a bit more.

• Like 2