oneBoro Forum

Boro V Preston North End 1-1 (Fisher OG)

Encouraging response to Saturday's display......Browne looked a lot more settled and is starting to show a bit more maturity with his reactions..........would try a front three of Browne, Tav and Fletch....last time Britt was rested, it seemed to get a response from him, at the moment the words "barn door" and "banjo" are coming to mind.......I also thought that I wouldn't see another set of officials as poor as those at the Brentford game....I was wrong....but at the moment, any point is a good point, so overall satisfied with this outcome considering recent form.    

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think Browne has had a good game

Well Teddy's happy that the Boro are being shown on the box but I wonder what his reasons are? Staying up late on a school night for a 6 year old is appealing or simply because he gets the watch

I think after the Blackburn game he has REALLY taken Mowbrays comments to heart about having to play ugly to win sometimes. He even has said himself since (although I can't find the quote right now) t

Posted Images

7 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

Last but not least, I'm not gonna complain about the ref in the respect of denying us any clear chance today. I didn't think much to any of our penalty shouts as much as sheer desperation to score saw me shouting for one at the end when McNair threw himself to the ground. However, he was rubbish and the linesmen were similarly rubbish. There was that moment in the first half when Ayala cleared and it seemed like the ref gave a decision that the ball went out when the linesman didn't see it go out. There was the injury to the Preston player who seemed to think that because the physio was close enough to talk to him, he didn't need to leave the pitch and the ref didn't look like he gave a *** for far too long. There were 2 or 3 occasions where he gave decisions from our players being dragged to the floor the other way, Britt on the edge of the area and McNair racing down the right wing in the second half. The first one in particular was during us picking Preston apart and Britt was simply trying to hold up the ball, played it on and then the ref blew for sweet *** all as far as I could see, it ruined our momentum in the move and gave them a chance to run the clock down a bit more.

At one point the ref wasn't going to give a foul. Then the Preston player asked for it, so he gave it...

Hopeless. The loudest cheer of the night was when he finally gave us a free kick. 

9 hours ago, Old Codger said:

Encouraging response to Saturday's display......Browne looked a lot more settled and is starting to show a bit more maturity with his reactions..........would try a front three of Browne, Tav and Fletch....last time Britt was rested, it seemed to get a response from him, at the moment the words "barn door" and "banjo" are coming to mind.......I also thought that I wouldn't see another set of officials as poor as those at the Brentford game....I was wrong....but at the moment, any point is a good point, so overall satisfied with this outcome considering recent form.    

Don't forget the Cows Ass too

10 hours ago, diggerlad07 said:

Britt - I know people think I dislike the fella, but honestly he is hopeless and you can tell he doesn't want to be at the club. Scared to mistake and can't hack it when the fans get on his back.

Still carrying on this rubbish, are we?

10 hours ago, SmogDane said:

Britt is not my cuppa .. He sometimes shows up with the easy tap in .. But since the friendlies, he hasn't scored any spectacular goals .. And I hate his attitude.. To be fair, his hold up play was quite good today. But he is still frustrating to watch.

Because he dares to smile on a football pitch ?

Britt looks much happier after Pulis has gone. He doesn't look like he doesn't want to be here at all. He's absolutely been much better than I've ever seen him at holding the ball up this season already. Finishing is leaving a lot to be desired in the games which is concerning. His decision making is getting better in the build-up, think it takes a bit to get rid of that desire to shoot at every opportunity which Pulis all but enforced on him by giving him *** all to work with.

I'd rather our players be smiling than looking distraught after missing a chance.

12 hours ago, diggerlad07 said:

Dont you think you will see Fletch in the starting line up for a while - Keane and Woody were furious with him for the entire time he was on the pitch.

I think that's very harsh on Fletcher? What else was he supposed to do with the constant lumping up towards him. Was there a single time where he could have rund in behind there defence? I don't really think so. Keane and Woody needs to look towards themselves and their tactics before blaming our strikers as they are getting concerningly little to work with. We are dire going forward and it looks like the coaching team is getting more and more cautious with every game. Britt is spending more time acting as a targetman outside the box than he is getting opportunities inside the box. 

3 hours ago, Will said:

Still carrying on this rubbish, are we?

Because he dares to smile on a football pitch ?

Nope 

Because his smile is provoking... I would love to see a genuine smile when he scores .. really ... But don't give me that smirky grin, like he was too good to miss a sitter, so how the helle did that happen.... (for the umpteenth time this season alone)

Smiling is good, smirking is bad .. 

Are there more things you would like explained, Will? ?

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

Nope 

Because his smile is provoking... I would love to see a genuine smile when he scores .. really ... But don't give me that smirky grin, like he was too good to miss a sitter, so how the helle did that happen.... (for the umpteenth time this season alone)

That is well put, exactly that opinion..... He smirks like Sterling would if he misses a chance for a hatrick and City are winning 5-0. Ok if you are finishing your next chance or the next easy tap in but he isn't.   

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

Nope 

?

I think you need to get over it.

Just now, SmogDane said:

Said the guy who has a problem with my view ?

Who has a problem?

I think it's an utterly ridiculous reason to dislike a player, yes, but I have no problem with you holding that view.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, SmogDane said:

Nope 

That's just how some people deal with pressure and negative situations. Don't think it's a bad thing, just how he's made.

Last night, 1st half poor from both sides totally forgettable, we improved 2nd half, I like Tav always looks confident on the ball and not frightened to get his shots off, should definitely keep his place on Friday, linked up well with McNair. Browne showed some nice touches but still needs to give a lot more than he does. Howson has played a lot better for us this season his passing was sloppy and well off his usual standard. I think the refereeing  last night was garbage which is about par for the course in this league, we should be used to it by now. The 4 changes Woody made were justified in my opinion, non of those dropped can complain, and we're much stronger in defense with Ayala there.