oneBoro Forum

Boro V Preston North End 1-1 (Fisher OG)

5 hours ago, Borodane said:

I think that's very harsh on Fletcher? What else was he supposed to do with the constant lumping up towards him. Was there a single time where he could have rund in behind there defence? I don't really think so. Keane and Woody needs to look towards themselves and their tactics before blaming our strikers as they are getting concerningly little to work with. We are dire going forward and it looks like the coaching team is getting more and more cautious with every game. Britt is spending more time acting as a targetman outside the box than he is getting opportunities inside the box. 

That must have been behind closed doors because I sit next to the bench on the front row and there was nothing of the sort from Woody or Keane. The biggest grumble came from the Britt miss, Keano was fuming at that haha.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think Browne has had a good game

Well Teddy's happy that the Boro are being shown on the box but I wonder what his reasons are? Staying up late on a school night for a 6 year old is appealing or simply because he gets the watch

I think after the Blackburn game he has REALLY taken Mowbrays comments to heart about having to play ugly to win sometimes. He even has said himself since (although I can't find the quote right now) t

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Think Britt needs dropping.

Sadly, the only real other choice is Fletcher.

We could do worse than replace Britt with Fletcher, to be fair. Despite last night's cameo and whatever the coaching staff said about him then, he's been one of our better players this season. I'd not be concerned were we to swap those 2 round. Having said that, I think Britt's hold-up play has been getting better and I'm still happy with him in the team too.

I am studying for an exam and besides that I’m not impressed with Woody or the team so choose not to tune in to the game. Well it’s now 10 games and it’s fair to say it’s judgment time. I fear we are going to be hanging around the bottom but possibly enough to survive the drop but saying that Woody and the team will struggle holding there own in the championship because there is nothing to suggest they good enough. I expect crowds will dwindle possibly loosing a fair number of core and future supporters. It’s fair to state the slide started some three years ago and continues but I can’t see how it can be turned around and I don’t see Woody going anywhere he is here to stay. I am actually feeling sorry for Woody because I can see the situation hurts him and he is out of his depth. 

• Confused 1
36 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

I am studying for an exam and besides that I’m not impressed with Woody or the team so choose not to tune in to the game. Well it’s now 10 games and it’s fair to say it’s judgment time. I fear we are going to be hanging around the bottom but possibly enough to survive the drop but saying that Woody and the team will struggle holding there own in the championship because there is nothing to suggest they good enough. I expect crowds will dwindle possibly loosing a fair number of core and future supporters. It’s fair to state the slide started some three years ago and continues but I can’t see how it can be turned around and I don’t see Woody going anywhere he is here to stay. I am actually feeling sorry for Woody because I can see the situation hurts him and he is out of his depth. 

I really hope that it’s not an English exam that you are studying for sanddancer because if it is, I think you might struggle ???

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, Blanco said:

I really hope that it’s not an English exam that you are studying for sanddancer because if it is, I think you might struggle ???

You said it... I thought it, Joe ?

• Haha 1
6 hours ago, Red Rocket said:

That must have been behind closed doors because I sit next to the bench on the front row and there was nothing of the sort from Woody or Keane. The biggest grumble came from the Britt miss, Keano was fuming at that haha.

Keane did go berserk at Fletcher in the second half. I think he wanted him to make a run in behind the defence. Keane looked fuming haha. 

Woody also got frustrated for something he did but can’t remember what, but not to the extent Keane did

I'm pretty sure I've seen Keane in general going off his rocker at strikers/forwards. He's clearly quite passionate, he knows what made him a successful striker and he's not afraid to drill it into them. He's really hands on in the pre-match stuff.

41 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

Keane did go berserk at Fletcher in the second half. I think he wanted him to make a run in behind the defence. Keane looked fuming haha. 

Woody also got frustrated for something he did but can’t remember what, but not to the extent Keane did

I sit block 9 row 12 and quite clearly seen how woody and keane in particular reacted towards Fletcher on numerous occasions.

In fact I even saw Connor Ripley comment on there reaction lol.

8 hours ago, Blanco said:

Its not an English test, thankfully. It shames me to say so but English is just one of my embarrassing weak points.. 

• Like 1

A few thoughts on the game... I am surprised that Assombalonga got a lot of criticism on here after the game. Whilst he didn't do anything fantastic I thought he had a pretty good game as his link-up play was good. He seemed to be far more at ease with both our wide players Tavernier and Browne cutting infield. Furthermore, considering the rough treatment that the referee was allowing Preston to dish out I thought he stood up well to the physical battle.

Dijksteel is starting to look very good. His athleticism is phenomenal. One he gets his positioning better he's going to be an excellent RB. I thought the combination of him and Tavernier down the right flank worked really well. The mix of Dijksteel's pace and power alongside Tavernier's excellent close control and ability to weave between defenders made them very hard for Preston to control. Before we signed Dijksteel I was excited at that combination so I'm pleased that the early signs are promising.

Browne done a lot better but he still wasn't fantastic. However, considering we paid £200,000 for him and he is a youngster who is stepping up from League One I think his performance gives me a bit of hope in him. In other games he has looked to be playing on the edge of the game and not showing himself as open to receive the ball. He has a good bit of aggression and seems hungry to do well in games which I'm glad with. I'd much rather see a youngster with that mentality than someone who doesn't seem to be too bothered about his performances. On Tuesday he got onto the ball quite a bit more and didn't look such a passenger as he has in other games. When he has a natural left footed LB behind him then I think he'd find it easier to perform there. When Friend is back he's surely going to walk into this team whilst Bola has more time to adapt. Having Shotton behind him at LB is very restrictive to him going forwards. We're going to have to develop and improve players in the future so we're going to have to get used to watching players like Browne initially putting in these types of performance whilst they find their feet. Equally the same applies to Bola who also needs time to adapt to this level.

Our midfield three was still getting caught out of position with it's pressing quite a few times. We need to tweak something better in there to make our high press work better. Quite a few times just one player would press and he would simply be passed around. We need to learn to press as a team far more effectively. That will hopefully come with coaching and experience on the pitch.

Going into Friday night I think the only slight change that I'd make is Fletcher in for Browne as I think we're going to need a bit more pace in forward areas, and he will cope better than Browne at having to attack in individual moments considering Shotton is behind him.

Edited by p_mards
  • Like 2
10 hours ago, p_mards said:

A few thoughts on the game... I am surprised that Assombalonga got a lot of criticism on here after the game. Whilst he didn't do anything fantastic I thought he had a pretty good game as his link-up play was good. He seemed to be far more at ease with both our wide players Tavernier and Browne cutting infield. Furthermore, considering the rough treatment that the referee was allowing Preston to dish out I thought he stood up well to the physical battle.

Dijksteel is starting to look very good. His athleticism is phenomenal. One he gets his positioning better he's going to be an excellent RB. I thought the combination of him and Tavernier down the right flank worked really well. The mix of Dijksteel's pace and power alongside Tavernier's excellent close control and ability to weave between defenders made them very hard for Preston to control. Before we signed Dijksteel I was excited at that combination so I'm pleased that the early signs are promising.

Browne done a lot better but he still wasn't fantastic. However, considering we paid £200,000 for him and he is a youngster who is stepping up from League One I think his performance gives me a bit of hope in him. In other games he has looked to be playing on the edge of the game and not showing himself as open to receive the ball. He has a good bit of aggression and seems hungry to do well in games which I'm glad with. I'd much rather see a youngster with that mentality than someone who doesn't seem to be too bothered about his performances. On Tuesday he got onto the ball quite a bit more and didn't look such a passenger as he has in other games. When he has a natural left footed LB behind him then I think he'd find it easier to perform there. When Friend is back he's surely going to walk into this team whilst Bola has more time to adapt. Having Shotton behind him at LB is very restrictive to him going forwards. We're going to have to develop and improve players in the future so we're going to have to get used to watching players like Browne initially putting in these types of performance whilst they find their feet. Equally the same applies to Bola who also needs time to adapt to this level.

Our midfield three was still getting caught out of position with it's pressing quite a few times. We need to tweak something better in there to make our high press work better. Quite a few times just one player would press and he would simply be passed around. We need to learn to press as a team far more effectively. That will hopefully come with coaching and experience on the pitch.

Going into Friday night I think the only slight change that I'd make is Fletcher in for Browne as I think we're going to need a bit more pace in forward areas, and he will cope better than Browne at having to attack in individual moments considering Shotton is behind him.

Browne is miles quicker than Fletcher haha. Fletcher is actually slow, he can’t bend his knees. Browne is our quickest player. 

• Like 1