oneBoro Forum
Downsouth

Boro V Preston North End 1-1 (Fisher OG)

5 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Well Teddy's happy that the Boro are being shown on the box but I wonder what his reasons are?

Staying up late on a school night for a 6 year old is appealing or simply because he gets the watch the red and white?

Either way let's hope he goes to bed  happy instead of being bored to sleep:classic_biggrin:

He'll be asleep by half time. 

My 5 year old got to 60 mins of the Cardiff game before turning to me and saying, "Daddy, this is really boring!".. I could only agree! 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, BearSmog said:

He'll be asleep by half time. 

My 5 year old got to 60 mins of the Cardiff game before turning to me and saying, "Daddy, this is really boring!".. I could only agree! 

And that was on a Saturday afternoon!

Bad first half and yes he will probably be asleep!

Suspect the crowd will be very small tonight. It was pretty much empty by 80 minutes on Saturday. Didn't help that the owls fans were superb either - made it feel like an away game for us.

Worrying that it's looking like we might be dragged into a relegation battle.

I'd definitely start Ayala (for shotton). Keep the rest of the team the same. Maybe Howson on for dijksteel, although I thought he was ok the other night 

I've put 1-1 on my super 6.

I think the first 15-20minutes are crucial tonight.

Intrigued to see if Preston come out and attack or sit back until the fans start to get impatient. 

Lack of activity of this thread once again show the lack of optimism and care round the club at the moment.

I'm going for a 1-1 draw unfortunately.

I'm currently on way to ground now and I fully expect the mood to be dampened from the start.

Changes tonight and it's nice to see HOwson back in the starting line up.

UTB!

Just now, boro-unger said:

Suspect the crowd will be very small tonight. It was pretty much empty by 80 minutes on Saturday. Didn't help that the owls fans were superb either - made it feel like an away game for us.

Worrying that it's looking like we might be dragged into a relegation battle.

I'd definitely start Ayala (for shotton). Keep the rest of the team the same. Maybe Howson on for dijksteel, although I thought he was ok the other night 

I've put 1-1 on my super 6.

I suspect lowest (league game) crowd of the season, yes, 17-18k I reckon.

I wonder if Fry might be dropped rather than Shotton. Or maybe even Bola like at the weekend. Maybe Clayton for Howson and move Wing further back.

I think I put 1-1 or 2-2 on my super 6.

Cinema Car park is pretty dead. Its usually packed by 1hr before kick off.

This is Tav's chance to nick a place, hope he proves me wrong, as I'm not overly fussed on him.

I'm guessing this is 4-3-3, Howson replacing Wing. Saville squandered his repeated opportunities to do the same.

Well he’s freshened it up a bit. I’d love to see two big performances from Tav and Browne

Glad Howson and tav are starting. Always think Browne has a red card in him when I see him though...

Im hoping its kind of a 4321 and Howson is in midfield. Let Tav and Browne just flutter around Britt. 1 thing thats annoyed me this season is our wide forwards dont seem to switch about much.

Come on Boro! 

Give us something to be excited about, please! We really need it... A good game and points on the board, that'd be nice. 
A good performance from Dijk, Browne, Tav and mainly Ass-man  could do us good .. The rest I think will do ok or at least standard...  But those 4 mentioned really need some confidence from playing good and scoring...

Edited by SmogDane
  • Like 1

• Latest Posts

• It’s disappointing knowing we probably aren’t going to ‘have a go’ in January. Obviously Covid circumstances make it a slightly easier pill to swallow but feel like there is a real opportunity to be taken this season. Financially, there’s some big hitters ahead of us but we’ve more than matched them in the games we’ve played against them.  We’ve got a good core and just need to add a bit of quality that will allow us to eliminate some of of our inconsistency.  No doubt having Fletcher back will help but that quality out wide I still think we miss and I still think we’re without genuine technical ability in midfield. Hourihane would give us exactly that so fingers crossed we can push through a loan deal.  Yesterday’s result was a really hard one to take and watch so I’m hoping Gibson will have seen what we all saw and is willing to put his hands in his pocket and give us a real chance of breaking into the top six and establishing ourselves. 
    • How did I forget Downing.  Woody is the proverbial bad penny isn’t he.
    • SATURDAY 23RD JANUARY H Barnsley v Cardiff City D AFC Bournemouth v Sheffield Wednesday A Coventry City v Nottingham Forest A Luton Town v Rotherham United D Millwall v Norwich City A Preston North End v Reading H Queens Park Rangers v Derby County H Stoke City v Watford A Swansea City v Brentford H Wycombe Wanderers v Birmingham City SUNDAY 24TH JANUARY H Bristol City v Huddersfield Town H Middlesbrough v Blackburn Rovers
    • The trouble I have is Steve Gibson has literal being out done the last few years by Delia Smith she has less wealth similar size of club etc but is being outdoing us on managerial ability and recruitment 
    • Insulting but I’ll excuse it based on your intelligence. Counter the post, explain your ignorance? What exactly don’t you agree with?