oneBoro Forum

Boro v Birmingham City (A) 1-2 (Ayala)

Hello there. Smogzilla here, Boro’s resident OPTA data fiend and owner of the worst avatar on this website.

Hey, guess what? Boro are back again. No rest for the wicked in the Championship! Woody’s Wonders™ head to Birmingham for their 3rd game in seven days for a Friday night football feast at St. Andrews.

Following an eye-meltingly bad performance v Sheff Wed on Saturday, Boro managed a partial improvement in form in picking up a point against a good Preston side on Tuesday night. Tavernier and Browne came into the side and delivered encouraging performances, which should see them involved somewhat on Friday. The master of disaster Ryan Shotton was deployed at left back and managed to put in a reasonable performance, defying all logic in the process.

The opposition

Birmingham have lost their last 3 games on the spin. Losing to Wigan 1-0 away from home on Tuesday night. They currently sit 14th in the table.

• Birmingham have scored a total of 9 goals this season.

• Birmingham have conceded a total of 13 goals this season.

• Birmingham score a goal every 100 min

• Birmingham concede a goal every 69 min

• Birmingham score an average of 0.9 goals every game

• Birmingham concede an average of 1.3 goals every game

Important questions

Will Tav and Browne start again?

Will Woody’s Wonders ™ win?

What will the score be?

What food will you eat on Friday night whilst watching?

Why hasn’t Leo, as the largest of all the coaching staff, simply killed and eaten the others for sustenance?

Thanks for reading this drivel. I’m predicting a 2-1 win for Boro.

I’ll leave you with Mark Viduka’s lovely goal in an Evening match at Birmingham. Judging by the quality of the footage, it was filmed on an actual potato.

• Like 2
  • Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It was just talk as our first choice was Pulis, not Woodgate, in which case the new style etc wouldn't have happened anyway. Final post before returning to self imposed exile.  We seem to have co

im in the same camp as BD .  ive gone through plenty of bad times in the past as well as wonderful times .  ive seen players ranging from  absolute top quality down to rank bad .  right now what i see

I don't think it's all bad. We just need a few players in the  January window. Two centre backs. Two fullbacks. Two centre midfielders and two wingers. And two forwards. 

Posted Images

Will Tav and Browne start again? Yes, same team for me.

Will Woody’s Wonders ™ win? Yes, Friday night belongs to the Boro!

What will the score be? 1-3

What food will you eat on Friday night whilst watching? Boiled mayonnaise with raisins!

Why hasn’t Leo, as the largest of all the coaching staff, simply killed and eaten the others for sustenance? He is vegan.

• Like 1

Probably. I suspect it will be the same 11 again.

Will Woody’s Wonders ™ win?

Y'know what, *** it, yeah, we will.

What will the score be?

2-1, Ryan Shotton to score the winner.

Oof. Probably pizza. Though I might be getting takeaway pizza tonight after playing footy and trying to stop spending so much on takeaways, so it might be an Iceland spesh.

Why hasn’t Leo, as the largest of all the coaching staff, simply killed and eaten the others for sustenance?

I suspect that if Leo could ingest all the thoughts and ideas of the other current members of the coaching staff, that we would ask him to do so and hire some goats in place of Woody, Keane, Coyne and the others. What's the minimum wage for a goat?

• Like 1

Good first attempt for the m/d thread let's hope that beginners luck prevails!

With the I/B coming up you go to feel that Boro need something out of this game because if not it is a long 2 weeks licking wounds and so on.

Shoots of recovery seen against PNE hopefully we will see them grow even further.

If all fit would not tinker too much with the team and hey have a feeling we will do ok on Friday night, with the whole world watching!  

• Like 2

Will Tav and Browne start again? Tav yes but unsure about Browne. Lack an end product so might be better starting with Johnson or Fletcher.

Will Woody’s Wonders ™ win? No. 

What will the score be? 3-1 win for the Brum.

What food will you eat on Friday night whilst watching? Signed up for a wine tasting evening with my wife and friends. No idea what the food will be other than it'll be a three course meal. 

Browne was really really good for us last game, and if the ref didn't allow preston's hard play, he would have torn them Even more apart. 

The Gazette also had him as 3rd Best Boro player after Tav and Paddy. 

He has plenty of end product which will show Even more with regular game time.

Randolph 

Dijksteel   Ayala         Fry    Bola 

Wing     Howson   McNair

Tavernier     Fletcher     Browne

I’d love to see us give this a run of games, changing the team every week is helping nobody.

Dijksteel is 100% improving with every game and I think Bola needs the same. 

Clayton and Shotton are finished in my opinion and are costing us a load of chances conceded every match, they have no long term future at the club so why not play the younger ones who do. 

Tav and Browne looked very good at times against Preston and these are also young players with very little first team game time. They would benefit from a run in the team. 

Fletch has deserved a shot up front for a while, Britt has been quite frankly appalling and playing him every week no matter what he does will make him think he can do what he wants and he’ll still be starting the next game. 

23 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

Randolph 

Dijksteel   Ayala         Fry    Bola 

Wing     Howson   McNair

Tavernier     Fletcher     Browne

I’d love to see us give this a run of games, changing the team every week is helping nobody.

Dijksteel is 100% improving with every game and I think Bola needs the same. 

Clayton and Shotton are finished in my opinion and are costing us a load of chances conceded every match, they have no long term future at the club so why not play the younger ones who do. 

Tav and Browne looked very good at times against Preston and these are also young players with very little first team game time. They would benefit from a run in the team. 

Fletch has deserved a shot up front for a while, Britt has been quite frankly appalling and playing him every week no matter what he does will make him think he can do what he wants and he’ll still be starting the next game. 

I think that's very harsh on both. Granted I've haven't been the biggest fan of either, but both have grown into the season. Shotton has played every position in the defence this league and while he does make some odd passes he is a pretty solid championship defender. I actually think we would have been worse off had we sold him in the summer. The main thing against him is his large wages. Clayton has also been pretty good when I've seen our games and it certainly isn't his fault we're a poor team.

Our low points tally is mainly down to our non-existant attack and a rookie coaching team that seem to find it tough to get the team to understand what they want (if they have a plan that is, because I'm not seeing much of it on the pitch). Our pressing is half-hearted, we still love to hoof it and don't enjoy possession. We're a below standard championship team at the moment but that certainly isn't because of Clayton and Shotton.

kinda nitpicky, it would be better if you stuck with tradition and had 'Birmingham City vs Boro' in title rather than 'Boro vs Birmingham City (away)' ...no need to reinvent the wheel. Had me thinking it was another home game there for a split second.

?‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️

is this thing on mic drop GIF by Mr. Paradise

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, chickenlunch said:

kinda nitpicky, it would be better if you stuck with tradition and had 'Birmingham City vs Boro' in title rather than 'Boro vs Birmingham City (away)' ...no need to reinvent the wheel. Had me thinking it was another home game there for a split second.

?‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️

That can not come as a surprise .. It has been like that since forever ? 

Feel free to check the MDT arcive ?

I'm expecting the same team as against Preston as Tav and Browne took their chance well. 

I'm hoping Woody wonders get the season back on track with a 3-1 win to get us looking up the table over the international break. With Britt getting some goals as we are on sky after all despite saying this he did miss that pen at Luton 

I'll be eating some fajitas and cheesy Nacho's going all Mexican let's hope this leads to some Boro South American flair maybe get the taquila out if we do 

But ultimately I just want Boro to perform and not serve up a humiliation performance like we did against Sheffield Wednesday when we are broadcast to the nation as we need to look decent as potential January signings could be watching. 

I hope so! 

Will Woody’s Wonders™ win?

We can but hope! 

What will the score be?

2-2

Quorn Curry ?

Fattening then up for a big Christmas feast! 

• Haha 1
16 hours ago, chickenlunch said:

?‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️

It's always been like that.

St Andrews is not a happy place for us, we'll get beaten tonight.

2-0, probably.

I might have a parmo.