• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It was just talk as our first choice was Pulis, not Woodgate, in which case the new style etc wouldn't have happened anyway. Final post before returning to self imposed exile.  We seem to have co

im in the same camp as BD .  ive gone through plenty of bad times in the past as well as wonderful times .  ive seen players ranging from  absolute top quality down to rank bad .  right now what i see

I don't think it's all bad. We just need a few players in the  January window. Two centre backs. Two fullbacks. Two centre midfielders and two wingers. And two forwards. 

Posted Images

its embarrassing to witness.  not a  single  positive  to  take from where we are at the moment.  Randolph  is  wasting away his latter years in the game  being in this  shambles of a side.   Browne needs hooking now.  Shotton is what Shotton is and is playing on the worse of his two sides but Browne has left him totally isolated.  Clayton chasing shadows, Howson awol,  Assombalonga totally ineffective at everything  , maybe he can score goals  but we might never find out in this game.  Woodgate, well cheers Mr Gibson , hope youre  proud of the latest  bad decision.   

I just REALLY hope that Woodgate snaps out of whatever buffoonery this is and we go back to the Luton / Brentford style of playing with an actual high press and a midfield that exists.

Just now, jamesp said:

Pulis spent 20 million last season though and a much better squad, of course he was going to do better, doesn’t make him a better manager than Woodgate. 

To be honest they are both absolutely *** and should be no where near this club

Pulis also sold for what 40?

Anyone starting to think that Woodgate didn’t actually beat Jokanovic in the interview process and was actually given the job because he was the cheapest?

• Like 3
Just now, diggerlad07 said:

From what I know he's been actively trying since promotion season, however he wants to keep a high percentage in the club.

That seems completely deluded to me. Who is going to want to a buy our club when Gibson will still want a huge part to play

Just now, jamesp said:

Anyone starting to think that Woodgate didn’t actually beat Jokanovic in the interview process and was actually given the job because he was the cheapest?

That's exactly what it was.

I can tell you privately how much Slavisa was offered and terms and conditions if you like

Blaming Gibson for recruitment when the manager's said 3 main targets he identified in his interview were signed and a month in 1 of them's been displaced by Ryan Shotton at LB is not something I'm on board with.

If Gibson was ruthless he'd have asset stripped the expiring contracts, Britt and Randolph in the summer instead he gave Woodgate an expensive squad and 3 of 'his' targets other Middlesbrough managers have come into worse squads.

1 minute ago, diggerlad07 said:

That's exactly what it was.

I can tell you privately how much Slavisa was offered and terms and conditions if you like

Did anybody else actually get interviewed other than woodgate? Or did Gibson just make it look like we tried?

1 minute ago, ladyspite said:

Pulis also sold for what 40?

Regardless he still had a much better squad. 

If he was still here we would still be ***, except we would be paying a manager 60k and allowing him to sell every player he could to get his cut