oneBoro Forum

Boro v Birmingham City (A) 1-2 (Ayala)

2 minutes ago, jamesp said:

Anyone starting to think that Woodgate didn’t actually beat Jokanovic in the interview process and was actually given the job because he was the cheapest?

Jokanovic wanted a Pulis wage packet and wanted to actually see some investment as had targets to bring in as wanted us to be competing for promotion. Gibson felt he didn't want to spent this amount is my instinct

• Like 1
  • Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It was just talk as our first choice was Pulis, not Woodgate, in which case the new style etc wouldn't have happened anyway. Final post before returning to self imposed exile.  We seem to have co

im in the same camp as BD .  ive gone through plenty of bad times in the past as well as wonderful times .  ive seen players ranging from  absolute top quality down to rank bad .  right now what i see

I don't think it's all bad. We just need a few players in the  January window. Two centre backs. Two fullbacks. Two centre midfielders and two wingers. And two forwards. 

Posted Images

1 minute ago, jamesp said:

Regardless he still had a much better squad. 

If he was still here we would still be ***, except we would be paying a manager 60k and allowing him to sell every player he could to get his cut

well he was probably ordered to sell players

And I dont think the squad last season was that much better than what we have now

This match is far worse than anything I witnessed under Pulis, I'm actually surprised anyone is claiming otherwise.

I'm still backing Woodgate but it's inferior in virtually every department to what we got under Pulis.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

That's exactly what it was.

I can tell you privately how much Slavisa was offered and terms and conditions if you like

Yes please, surprised we even bothered offering a contract to anyone but woodgate tbh

Does anybody think Keane might leave quite soon? In preseason it sounded like he only wanted to come if we were going to be in a promotion battle. We are looking more likely to be in a relegation battle right now.

1 minute ago, ladyspite said:

well he was probably ordered to sell players

And I dont think the squad last season was that much better than what we have now

We simply did not address where our weaknesses have always been and this has now caught up with us.

2 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

Does anybody think Keane might leave quite soon? In preseason it sounded like he only wanted to come if we were going to be in a promotion battle. We are looking more likely to be in a relegation battle right now.

When does a relegation battle start? It seems to me that we are already there.

One of our CM need to drop into the gap when Clayton has it deep or its a 5-0-5 and we are set up for the hoof.

Browne making a nuisance of himself and making the runs whilst Britt stays centeal but nothing he can do with hopeless punts to the channel..

1 minute ago, Downsouth said:

We simply did not address where our weaknesses have always been and this has now caught up with us.

yes I agree with that, and I dident like Pulisball, but to say that this is better would be a lie....