• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It was just talk as our first choice was Pulis, not Woodgate, in which case the new style etc wouldn't have happened anyway. Final post before returning to self imposed exile.  We seem to have co

im in the same camp as BD .  ive gone through plenty of bad times in the past as well as wonderful times .  ive seen players ranging from  absolute top quality down to rank bad .  right now what i see

I don't think it's all bad. We just need a few players in the  January window. Two centre backs. Two fullbacks. Two centre midfielders and two wingers. And two forwards. 

Posted Images

Just now, BillinghamBoro said:

Only positive for me is we can't drop in to the bottom 3 this weekend. And there's no football next Saturday. I genuinely worried about this season. Genuinely feels like a Sunderland Till I Die in slow motion right now. 

Nah it's fine just got the nearly 20 million pounds in assets walking on frees next summer and Britt and Randolph's value dipping by the month the club's in a great place right now we're a well run club we'll at least get 18th.

16 minutes ago, boroie said:

Love to know why nobody bothered marking on that cross. It's not like it was the 90th minute in a game we were drawing unrealistically or anything

There were two marking him, neither went with him when he went for the ball, one move central and the other stood still.

Just now, Brunners said:

Yeah I don't get that, Pulis was still garbage, in a different context.

This is a different type of garbage.

This is a rookie manager trying to change the dynamic of a football club. It was never going to be simple or easy to do that. People asking him to resign? I'm just not sure what people are hoping to accomplish by doing that other than it being an emotional response to what we've just watched. It's not a logical decision to make. We seemed to all pretty much accept that Woodgate has the job because the club has messed up financially and where does that leave us regarding our options if Woodgate leaves? I've been saying it for nearly 2 years that people want us to be part of the managerial merry-go-round and it's happening again.

I've also said it before on here that people are barking up the wrong tree pointing fingers at Woodgate. I might not agree with @diggerlad07 on Pulis but one thing I do agree with him on is if you don't like this, point your finger at the actual man responsible for it. By all means, criticise the performances and the results because he still has to improve but this is a man accepting his golden opportunity to manage his home-town club which also happens to be a bigger club than he could probably have otherwise hoped to manage, he's not responsible for the ultimate problem which is that he had to be hired in the first place.

He himself needs time if he's going to get this right, it ain't going to happen overnight so I beg people to stop asking him to throw in the towel or asking for him to be sacked. The club can't afford to keep throwing managers in the bin when they're not doing well and they clearly can't afford to hire anyone better.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Just now, nunthorpered said:

relegation battle. no two ways about it

If Woodgate stays, yes. If he goes, there is still the basis of a team that finished seventh under a manager who got a nosebleed beyond the halfway line. Any manager who can actually manage should be able to get this squad mid-table.

Birmingham were out of form and low on confidence before tonight, and we just made them look like Brazil. We did that, not them.

• Like 2
Just now, Woof Woof said:

My gosh that was painful viewing. It looked like we were playing Liverpool or Man City such was the difference between the teams and it could easily have been 3, 4 or 5-1.

Where do Boro go from here?

League One.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, DurhamRed said:

Tony Pulis really does destory every club he goes too doesn't he as it seems every time he leaves a club they have a nose dive something Stoke still haven't recovered from 

How can any of this be blamed on Pulis?

McNair's dives aside.

3 minutes ago, Woof Woof said:

My gosh that was painful viewing. It looked like we were playing Liverpool or Man City such was the difference between the teams and it could easily have been 3, 4 or 5-1.

Where do Boro go from here?

League One then hopefully they can stop the slide to Two.

The team are just not playing for the coach's and the coach's simply have no idea how to change the play.

By the way I class Woodgate as a coach not a manager.

2 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

How can any of this be blamed on Pulis?

McNair's dives aside.

Just a coincidence that every time he leaves a club they have a nose dive when he blatanly insisted the whole time he was here that he likes to leave a club in a better place than when he inherited it which is just untrue on so many levels