• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It was just talk as our first choice was Pulis, not Woodgate, in which case the new style etc wouldn't have happened anyway. Final post before returning to self imposed exile.  We seem to have co

im in the same camp as BD .  ive gone through plenty of bad times in the past as well as wonderful times .  ive seen players ranging from  absolute top quality down to rank bad .  right now what i see

I don't think it's all bad. We just need a few players in the  January window. Two centre backs. Two fullbacks. Two centre midfielders and two wingers. And two forwards. 

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Believe you me, the club is a mess behind the scenes and I have reliably informed that asset stripping is going to continue in the summer and anyone with value will be gone.

The plan was to start it in the summer just gone and we did enough to get us by until next summer, but after that we are going to be down to bare bones.

If that's the case and if Gibson has any love for the club rather than seeing it as a business surely he should sell if there are any serious offers from anyone who'll be able to put any real effort and money into Boro.

3 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I will say tonight felt a bit of a better opportunity to press than we did. I saw Howson make a couple of moves and be left alone, Britt asking players to support him when pressing the ball which never happened. The team didn't press as a unit, it just about defended as one in the final third. Our shape was better in the second half, as I've said already I think we went from allowing them far too much space down the left to stopping that without making a single sub so there's a positive if you want one today. But another thing I have said for a few weeks now is we just can't seem to prepare for games properly, in that we don't look ready in the first half. It's difficult to impose your wanted style of football when you can't prepare for the simple things without a shuffle and rethink at half time.

Yeah we certainly don't press as a team now, that's been almost abandoned since the start of the season. 

The changes helped to get us back into the game but it was just a case if getting bodies forward and being direct. I didn't feel like we did anything creative tactically in the second half. 

Just a thought or two...

When was the last time we got cut apart like this? Yes was 2-1 but could easily have ended up being beaten by 4 or 5

Also, when did we batter a team and be so dominant?

1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

Which bit is the laughable bit, the £800 per week offer or the £12,000 per week he was on last season?

The whole insult for someone who was a very good servant for us.

The offer was made to him half way through last season and was offered to start straight away meaning he would lose 6months previous wage conditions.

1 minute ago, Woof Woof said:

If that's the case and if Gibson has any love for the club rather than seeing it as a business surely he should sell if there are any serious offers from anyone who'll be able to put any real effort and money into Boro.

From what I have heard, he wants someone to be the money man but him keep 60% share.

I'm not quite sure I believe that in all honest, but it's the rumour in the playing staff.

Now that would be just completely ridicilous and no business man would entertain that. (Hence why we probably haven't had any interest).

1 minute ago, Joebis said:

Just a thought or two...

When was the last time we got cut apart like this? Yes was 2-1 but could easily have ended up being beaten by 4 or 5

Also, when did we batter a team and be so dominant?

Last weekend we were 4-1 down at half time...

1 minute ago, diggerlad07 said:

From what I have heard, he wants someone to be the money man but him keep 60% share.

I'm not quite sure I believe that in all honest, but it's the rumour in the playing staff.

Now that would be just completely ridicilous and no business man would entertain that. (Hence why we probably haven't had any interest).

Absolutely no chance of that being true.

1 minute ago, diggerlad07 said:

I'm sure I'm missing something but what does he bring to the table to make that offer even remotely tempting to anyone? Is he some behind the scenes genius and I'm missing it?

Here's an easy way to look at things Woodgate's got Monks team with a sprinkle of his own players plus Lewis Wing/McNair I dug into Pulis last year for being only 2 points better than Monk had when he was sacked with a better team I thought when people said free pass we were talking 10 points under Garry Monk would be acceptable right now we'd be lucky to be 20 points off Monk's tally in December.

It's all about perception people see 'transition' I only ever saw a Monk lineup with *IMPROVEMENTS* I can not believe how badly setup we are it's jarring to see our stats at the end of games we cede everything to every team we play it's just unacceptable we're talking about relegation in October it's stunning to me how bad Woodgate is as a manager and I had the lowest of expectations but he's underwhelming at every turn.

• Like 1
Just now, Woof Woof said:

I'm sure I'm missing something but what does he bring to the table to make that offer even remotely tempting to anyone? Is he some behind the scenes genius and I'm missing it?

Maybe Gibson would be the director of football in this new scenario. ??

Haven’t we got a left back in the youth system who can fill the gap? No offence to Shotton did his best, but square peg in round hole... also need more support for Britt. Play 3-5-2 formation Woody.