oneBoro Forum

Boro v Birmingham City (A) 1-2 (Ayala)

I can’t believe we are in such a mess tbh, I can’t believe how some can’t see how incompetently we are being operated, there is no way around it now, Gibson is awful and it’s utterly his fault not woodgates.

I get the feeling our recruitment process is a total joke, not just regarding who we target/bring in but the actual way we go about it. The amount of players that turn us down, the fact that we scraped the barrel and appointed woodgate, it’s no coincidence that we can’t get anyone other than locals or nobodies.

By this point it is PROVEN that we can’t build a squad, in 3 and a half years the decline in the quality of our team is alarming, what makes it even worse is how much it’s cost us to decimate our squad. 

We cant replace players who leave, we can’t replace ageing players, the fact that even now George friend is probably still our best left back is *** laughable, seeing us hang our hat on Clayton season after season as if he’s the best thing since sliced bread is laughable, our attempts to buy any kind of remotely decent attacking player are deplorably *** laughable.

WHY DO THESE PEOPLE STILL HAVE A *** JOB!!??? THEY ARE ***!

Then we get onto Gibson, the only issue he addressed was tearing up everything our one good manager in almost 2 decades had set up, now we’ve gone back to where we were pre karanka.

He can’t employ anyone decent to run the club, he can’t run the club himself, if you or anyone of your staff are reading this Gibson YOU ARE KILLING THE CLUB, you might think your the dogs *** but your decisions are terrible, REPEATEDLY terrible, we only end up in these periods of cost cutting because you’ve been so *** rank bad at spending the money REPEATEDLY.

If you can’t be bothered any more then sell the club, at least we will stand a chance. If you do think your some kind of footballing guru then it’s time you woke up and took a look around, we are no better than Sunderland when everyone was laughing at them, you are doing an AWFUL job. If you don’t wanna sell then get someone in who can run a club, pay Kenyon ffs I bet we’ve actually turned down the chance to have Kenyon run the club. Put karanka as DoF, he knows what he’s doing and has been the only good thing to happen to us since the europa league final, coincidentally around the time Kenyon was working with us....

Anyway rant over, I give up with this club, nothing good is ever going to happen under this current way of running. I’ve missed 2 home games already this season because I chose to work instead, I’ve never done that before in my life and I know I’m not the only one. Crowds will be sub 10k by January if this carries on mark my words.

SORT IT OUT!

• Like 2
  • Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It was just talk as our first choice was Pulis, not Woodgate, in which case the new style etc wouldn't have happened anyway. Final post before returning to self imposed exile.  We seem to have co

im in the same camp as BD .  ive gone through plenty of bad times in the past as well as wonderful times .  ive seen players ranging from  absolute top quality down to rank bad .  right now what i see

I don't think it's all bad. We just need a few players in the  January window. Two centre backs. Two fullbacks. Two centre midfielders and two wingers. And two forwards. 

Posted Images

Linjo and Changing Times last post are from the heart and I think their views are matched by the majority of the fans.

It seems that fans are FINALLY coming to their senses and seeing Gibson for what he is now - a business man.

The game has changed completely and even league 1 has billionaire owners. Unfortunately Gibson simply can't compete financially and is out his depth.

Gibson seems to have got his own way throughout life and from what I heard is a bit of a ****. He obviously knows he's out of his depth and got us in a hole which he can't get us out but his ego is preventing the sale or asking for help. (Same goes for rockcliffe hall).

He won't make a change this early as it goes against his principles and his ego. As previous the only way he will act is by fans not turning up and buying merchandise.

Woody is crying out for experience alongside him, but yet again that experience was knocked back by Gibson. Steve round was offered DOF even though he was interviewed for the assistants job (even though woody claims that he rang Keane offering him the job. Keane was offered coach job but said he would only come for assistant job).

If Gibson isn't willing to sell up then he needs to sort this mess out and either act with woody by letting him go which will never happen or support him by bringing someone like McLaren to help him out. 

We can rule out bringing players in January as like I said last night we are asset selling in the summer unless one them leaves early for a big fee.

This is honestly the worst time I have experienced in 30years being a Boro fan and I can't see it getting better under Gibson and yes man Woodgate.

There's nothing I'd love more than woodgate to be successful but unless he's backed by Gibson or supported by someone then it's going to end miserably.

• Like 1

The other concern with our current pure form is the fact our saleable assets value will keep falling, namely Fry and Britt. I felt one way of making us challengers again was to try get a maximum fee for both of them. £30m plus for the pair and reinvest that in the squad by getting 4 or 5 good players in.

Similar to how Norwich did by selling Maddison and the Murphy brothers.

Yet the longer this poor run goes on the more Fry and Britt value goes down. And fans can say both are not good anywqy but under the correct manager they would still perform to a level where they respective values of around £20m and £12m would remain imo. 

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

The other concern with our current pure form is the fact our saleable assets value will keep falling, namely Fry and Britt. I felt one way of making us challengers again was to try get a maximum fee for both of them. £30m plus for the pair and reinvest that in the squad by getting 4 or 5 good players in.

Similar to how Norwich did by selling Maddison and the Murphy brothers.

Yet the longer this poor run goes on the more Fry and Britt value goes down. And fans can say both are not good anywqy but under the correct manager they would still perform to a level where they respective values of around £20m and £12m would remain imo. 

The only problem is that if we sold both players I would imagine Woodgate or any other manager would only be given a fraction of the money received from the transfers and there lies the problem.

@Rioch's Braves. Yeah i am sure one of the itk posters said in summer that manager gets to spend half of what we get in player fees. 

I think it was @diggerlad07 who might have mentioned it. If it was not you who made that comment i apologise diggerlad. Pretty sure I read it on here though. 

Kind of feels like Woodgate has looked at Liverpool and their style of play and thought 'yeah I fancy some of that and that's how I want to play' but then realised we haven't got the players to implement it and now he looks a bit like a rabbit caught in headlights. 

Watching the game last night our full backs aren't good enough to play 4 3 3 especially with how narrow we play. We're getting over loaded out wide because our offensive players aren't good enough to work out when they should be helping out at the back helping out the full backs. 

Teams will/have quickly worked out our weakness is our fullbacks and wide positions. I haven't seen any stats but I'd bet they show a lot of play and chances made for the opposition come down the wings. 

With the players we have, I'd personally go to a 3 5 2 with wingbacks and I'd drill the *** out of them on the training pitch on positional play. Make it simple for them. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, diggerlad07 said:

Linjo and Changing Times last post are from the heart and I think their views are matched by the majority of the fans.

It seems that fans are FINALLY coming to their senses and seeing Gibson for what he is now - a business man.

The game has changed completely and even league 1 has billionaire owners. Unfortunately Gibson simply can't compete financially and is out his depth.

Gibson seems to have got his own way throughout life and from what I heard is a bit of a ****. He obviously knows he's out of his depth and got us in a hole which he can't get us out but his ego is preventing the sale or asking for help. (Same goes for rockcliffe hall).

He won't make a change this early as it goes against his principles and his ego. As previous the only way he will act is by fans not turning up and buying merchandise.

Woody is crying out for experience alongside him, but yet again that experience was knocked back by Gibson. Steve round was offered DOF even though he was interviewed for the assistants job (even though woody claims that he rang Keane offering him the job. Keane was offered coach job but said he would only come for assistant job).

If Gibson isn't willing to sell up then he needs to sort this mess out and either act with woody by letting him go which will never happen or support him by bringing someone like McLaren to help him out. 

We can rule out bringing players in January as like I said last night we are asset selling in the summer unless one them leaves early for a big fee.

This is honestly the worst time I have experienced in 30years being a Boro fan and I can't see it getting better under Gibson and yes man Woodgate.

There's nothing I'd love more than woodgate to be successful but unless he's backed by Gibson or supported by someone then it's going to end miserably.

Do you know if anybody would actually want to buy the club though? Seems unlikely anybody would want to buy us considering the amount championship clubs seem to be losing every season

Do any of the ITK guys know whether Woodgate's position is under pressure or, if not yet, after how long would his position start coming under review if the current state of affairs continue?.

19 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

I don't think we can afford Karanka, in all honesty.

Even with how bad it got with Karanka (awful football, split squad, emotion and ego ruling decisions etc) I would love him back.

I think Gibson would view it as grovelling to offer him the job though....I cant see it happening.

It almost feels like nothing we highlighted has changed since last season. Randolph our best player, centrebacks at fullback (im including Dijksteel in that - he looks every bit a CB playing RB), 1 cm dropping in but getting no options from the rest, no balanced midfield, no quality wide players, isolated strikers.

Last night I felt sorry for Clayton and Wing as both were deeper and trying to play it forward but nobody was filling that central gap. Strangely the only player looking to occupy that space was Rudy when he came on. We look like we are desperately missing a lot of things but a 10 would help us no end. Wing played out well from deep and sprays it about well but someone in that Tomlin/Gaston mould would improve this team vastly.

35 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

@Rioch's Braves. Yeah i am sure one of the itk posters said in summer that manager gets to spend half of what we get in player fees. 

I think it was @diggerlad07 who might have mentioned it. If it was not you who made that comment i apologise diggerlad. Pretty sure I read it on here though. 

It was my brother DZ who mentioned it but he got the information from me so your close enough lol.

We were hassling over 200k for Jamal Lowe! I know he hasn't set the world alight at Wigan but how we could do with someone with his directness and pace at the moment. I thought he was excellent on the right hand side at the Riverside earlier in the season - not that means much!

Woodgate was given a free transition period season so I wouldn't expect a change in management this season unless we are in a serious relegation battle with about 20 games to go. (That's just my opinion regarding 20games to go)

13 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

Do you know if anybody would actually want to buy the club though? Seems unlikely anybody would want to buy us considering the amount championship clubs seem to be losing every season

I know that Red Bull visited last season against Stoke at home but I didn't hear anything further on that.

Kenyon has been working on different projects with Gibson but nothing has come of it because of Gibson's demands (apparently)

1 hour ago, p_mards said:

Do any of the ITK guys know whether Woodgate's position is under pressure or, if not yet, after how long would his position start coming under review if the current state of affairs continue?.

There hasn't been anything through any sources to suggest he is under pressure. I am sure if senior figures wanted him gone it would be done, ask those involved in the discovery of protected bats which halted a multi-million pound project.

There was reported to be a dressing down of a senior player in the team in front of the squad the week after the Cardiff match. It involved a phrase which has been used as a joke in the past due to the number of times it has been referenced by JW in training and interviews but it didn't go down well this particular time and JW questioned the professionalism shown and whether this player was good enough for selection after being substituted. There seems to be a sense of frustration with how many times things have to be repeated despite different ways of trying to get the message across in certain training drills. The comparisons with the training ethos of world class players (Don't need to be told) perhaps from past experience hasn't gone down too well either after being referenced a few times.

• Like 1

Thanks @diggerlad07

I totally agree with what you said about JW and his possible sacking. I feel if he keeps us outside the bottom 3 then he will not be removed. Even if we drop in bottom 3 I feel he will only go if we spend a prolonged period in bottom 3.

Having said I dont know where our next win is coming from between now and next international break. We got wba (h), Hudds (a), fulham (h), derby (a), qpr (h).  Wba r top and going very well. Hudds won last 2 and showing signs of improvement under Cowleys, fulham are going well. Derby have improved and unbeaten in last 5 and qpr r alao doing extremely well. We might get the odd draw but certainly don't see a win in that next 5 games which would mean 1 win in 12.

By the way @diggerlad07. Do you still get snippets of info regarding the club? Again sorry as i might have wrong itk poster but one of the itk source was Dimi i believe and he obv left.