oneBoro Forum
Smogzilla

Boro v Birmingham City (A) 1-2 (Ayala)

2 minutes ago, jamesp said:

Anyone starting to think that Woodgate didn’t actually beat Jokanovic in the interview process and was actually given the job because he was the cheapest?

Jokanovic wanted a Pulis wage packet and wanted to actually see some investment as had targets to bring in as wanted us to be competing for promotion. Gibson felt he didn't want to spent this amount is my instinct

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jamesp said:

Regardless he still had a much better squad. 

If he was still here we would still be ***, except we would be paying a manager 60k and allowing him to sell every player he could to get his cut

well he was probably ordered to sell players

And I dont think the squad last season was that much better than what we have now

This match is far worse than anything I witnessed under Pulis, I'm actually surprised anyone is claiming otherwise.

I'm still backing Woodgate but it's inferior in virtually every department to what we got under Pulis.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

That's exactly what it was.

I can tell you privately how much Slavisa was offered and terms and conditions if you like

Yes please, surprised we even bothered offering a contract to anyone but woodgate tbh

Does anybody think Keane might leave quite soon? In preseason it sounded like he only wanted to come if we were going to be in a promotion battle. We are looking more likely to be in a relegation battle right now.

Pulis teams were far easier on the eye than this.

This is a disgrace. Woodgate should be embarrassed he has prepared his team to play like this.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ladyspite said:

well he was probably ordered to sell players

And I dont think the squad last season was that much better than what we have now

We simply did not address where our weaknesses have always been and this has now caught up with us.

2 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

Does anybody think Keane might leave quite soon? In preseason it sounded like he only wanted to come if we were going to be in a promotion battle. We are looking more likely to be in a relegation battle right now.

When does a relegation battle start? It seems to me that we are already there.

One of our CM need to drop into the gap when Clayton has it deep or its a 5-0-5 and we are set up for the hoof.

Browne making a nuisance of himself and making the runs whilst Britt stays centeal but nothing he can do with hopeless punts to the channel..

1 minute ago, Downsouth said:

We simply did not address where our weaknesses have always been and this has now caught up with us.

yes I agree with that, and I dident like Pulisball, but to say that this is better would be a lie....

Thank god we've changed things, if we're gonna get battered let's at least try and commit some more players forward. I assume that's the plan anyway.