oneBoro Forum
Smogzilla

Boro v Birmingham City (A) 1-2 (Ayala)

The problem with the football is that our club is in a precarious position across the board. 

If we focus on the football on the pitch, we have players who fit into 3 camps. Karanka's lot, Monk's lot and Pulis'. Each camp play different styles and each have their own merits.  But its slower in its build up, bar Monk's. Pulis got rid of those players, Traore, Christie, Bamford and maybe Fabio.  

These all suit a certain style of football, but not Woodgate wants to play a quick brand of football with players who cant possibly play that. The squad just isn't set up for that. 

The way I see it, we have two choices. Either Woodgate adapts to suit the current squad with a better style of football which suits them (I don't think he has the experience to do this). 

The other option is we continue to make the players try (and fail) to follow Woodgates new style which they wont be able to do. 

The worrying part for me though, is that the players who we brought in dont really seem to fit his new style, apart from maybe Browne? Dijksteele and Bola for overlapping wingbacks cant cross, and struggle under pressure. 

Again scouting team, what are you doing?? 

When Randolph goes, we will well and truly be in the ***. I'm just bracing myself now for this next run of games where we will get 0 points from 15. 

• Like 2

The worrying aspect is just how long it took WBA to get better whilst Stoke are clearly still suffering, going to take more than this season so staying up whatever the cost is the most important task

3 hours ago, Downsouth said:

The worrying aspect is just how long it took WBA to get better whilst Stoke are clearly still suffering, going to take more than this season so staying up whatever the cost is the most important task

We're going to be in the Championship for the foreseeable future. Unless we get relegated though. We'll certainly be closer to relegation than a safe midtable finish this season.

41 minutes ago, Borodane said:

We're going to be in the Championship for the foreseeable future. Unless we get relegated though. We'll certainly be closer to relegation than a safe midtable finish this season.

I think we'll be looking over our shoulder for the rest of the season - and will definitely spend some time in the bottom 3.

The next 5 games would be a tough run even if we were playing well, so I think we'll be bottom 3 before next international break. Let's hope the likes of Reading, Stoke, and Huddersfield don't sort themselves out as they actually have okay teams, they're just playing badly like us.