• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm not sure it's that level but then I'm also not sure how comparable the situations are. The problems at Sunderland almost entirely derived from their owner's disappearing act. It had built up from

What to do? How to prepare ? Put a cold shower in the tunnel and has the Boro players walk out they will get drenched and this should wake the buggers up so that we get a decent first half from t

Yes, hiring a manager who's just been sacked by a team no better than us when we're already in the *** sounds like a great idea.

Bloke I work with is from Barnsley and he has said that the current owners are basically doing a 'soft' asset strip of the club. Whenever somebody shows potential, they get sold for profitt, even selling to rivals. It was amazing they even got promoted.

The defence the other day supposedly had an average age of 20..... 

4 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

There certainly seems to be some fans complaining that Stendel wasn't backed enough to succeed. I can't see how him coming here would be much different for him personally.

We have better players than Barnsley, seeing that he picked Barnsley up off the floor and got them promoted suggests (to me) good man management to get the best out of the team. 

17 hours ago, LinoJo3 said:

Today has answered your question tbh, get Daniel Stendel in immediately 

You can't sack Woodgate after 11 league games that would just be ridiculous and contradict everything that has been said by the Club since the end of last season. Yes things aren't good at the minute but a reaction like that would be daft imo and make us even more embarrassing as a club! Media outlets would have a field day.....  

• Like 3
52 minutes ago, FamilyBoro said:

You can't sack Woodgate after 11 league games that would just be ridiculous and contradict everything that has been said by the Club since the end of last season. Yes things aren't good at the minute but a reaction like that would be daft imo and make us even more embarrassing as a club! Media outlets would have a field day.....  

I don’t think media outlets would care tbh

On 10/8/2019 at 11:27 AM, ChipBarrington said:

Disregarding points earned, would people see greater progress if we drew our next 5 games, or if we won 2 lost 3?

Too simplistic.  2 spawny wins and 3 hammerings is a world away from 2 good wins plus 3 close games in which we show we have a game plan. 

5 games showing any real plan, with consistency as to the formation, team, gameplan, etc with a few points is all I ask right now. 

As it is, this is a repeat of Monk. Running from your chosen system when it does not work, then flailing around until you get sacked at Christmas.

What would everyone prefer in the next 10 games? 

1. Stick with your beliefs, attack teams, press high and try to score goals. Even if we lose 4-3 go down fighting. The risk with this is we could get a few hammerings.

Or 

2. Forget the entertainment, go back to the Pulis style until January. Make us hard to beat and try to grind out points. 

Stick to the principles. The league picture isn't going to be certain 21 games in. Gaps might start to develop in areas of the table, including at the bottom, but not insurmountable ones. The time for scraping points together doesn't seem like now, to me.

We need to score goals so a system with 2 strikers is preferable... Fletcher and Britt might work well together.. 

And maybe just very tiny maybe... If Gestede could stay fit for more than 10 minutes .. Britt and Gestede "could" have something maybe just 70 % of what Gestede and Rhodes had in Blackburn .. 

Is it me or is Britt's skills and Jordan's skills pretty much the same? A box poker ...

I still like the idea of using Browne, Wing or Tav as a #10  to support TWO strikers .. 

Any takers? 

So in the January window how much money is they available to spend? Or are we going to have to sell before we can buy a half decent player. I mean even Emmanuel Ledesma would be our most creative player in this side