Jump to content
oneBoro Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SmogDane

What to do?

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

So - There's clearly something wrong in our set up for our games, but what should we/Woodgate do? 

What is our possible BEST formation with the current squad? 

What should our players be instructed to do: defense, midfield, attack? 

Are there any free agents who could strengten any of our week spots?

I have thought of this formation: 4-4-2 diamond (classical) but might come in handy.

----------------------Randz------------------------
Dijk/Shotton---Ayala---Fry---Friend/Bola/Coulson
----------------------Clayton----------------------
---------Paddy------------------Howson-------
---------------Wing/Browne/Tav--------------
----------------Fletcher---Britt------------------

Our full backs should be instructed to never  go forward at the same time.
Clayton should then cover for the missing full back (marking wise) 
Paddy and Howson have the engine to play there box to box, a fine pair...
Wing, Tav and Browne can all play as a good #10 in my opinion. Wing would maybe find his good performances again this way... Browne and Tav are good direct players, I think...
Fletcher and Britt together in the box area might create space for each other or the #10 and who ever of Paddy, Howson and one of the full backs who have moved forward (in possession) - Britt might be good playing off Fletcher.

How would YOU set us up, if you were the manager?

Edited by SmogDane

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

352

howson and Coulson (Johnson till fit) Wing backs

Dani, Fry and Friend CB

Wing, Dijksteel (worth a try) and Tavernier CM

Britt and Fletcher up front

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What to do? How to prepare ?

Put a cold shower in the tunnel and has the Boro players walk out they will get drenched and this should wake the buggers up so that we get a decent first half from them.

If this works repeat for the second half.

Perfect tactics.. 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

3-5-2

                 randz

          ayala shotton fry

dijksstel                     coulson

                  Howson

         Wing              McNair

Fletcher            Britt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In a Sliding Doors moment, I dont think we are in this situation if Britt bags that penalty at Luton. We carry confidence out of there, carry on with the high press and do OK.

Now it feels like theres 2 things to do to stop the rot - go all out attack or set up just to avoid defeats.

 

McClaren and AK both came in and immediately tried to make.us hard to beat. Rigid structure, congest the centre, stop balls coming into the box. This probably has the higher probability of working but wont win Woodgate much support after we were promised attacking football.

So for me the only way is to just try and attack our way out of it. Stick to high press, high back line and just go for it

 

Randolph

Marv LB until Coulson is back

Fry CB

Ayala CB

Howson RB

Tav LM

Wing CM

McNair CM

Browne RM

Fletcher ST

Britt ST

 

Disregarding points earned, would people see greater progress if we drew our next 5 games, or if we won 2 lost 3?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If it was 2 good impressive victories and too exciting loses, then deffo the latter! 

In fact every time the latter of the two given, cause 6 points i better than 5 ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

If it was 2 good impressive victories and too exciting loses, then deffo the latter! 

In fact every time the latter of the two given, cause 6 points i better than 5 ?

Why I said disregarding points ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ChipBarrington said:

In a Sliding Doors moment, I dont think we are in this situation if Britt bags that penalty at Luton. We carry confidence out of there, carry on with the high press and do OK.

Now it feels like theres 2 things to do to stop the rot - go all out attack or set up just to avoid defeats.

 

McClaren and AK both came in and immediately tried to make.us hard to beat. Rigid structure, congest the centre, stop balls coming into the box. This probably has the higher probability of working but wont win Woodgate much support after we were promised attacking football.

So for me the only way is to just try and attack our way out of it. Stick to high press, high back line and just go for it

 

Randolph

Marv LB until Coulson is back

Fry CB

Ayala CB

Howson RB

Tav LM

Wing CM

McNair CM

Browne RM

Fletcher ST

Britt ST

 

Disregarding points earned, would people see greater progress if we drew our next 5 games, or if we won 2 lost 3?

I'll take 6 points over 5, thanks! 

Edited by Duvel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i don't think its about what points we get in the next 5 games , more about can we get a shape and stick to it. I understand pragmatism, but 4-3-3 was supposed to be the way forward so Woody needs to try and do that.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Boro 86 said:

i don't think its about what points we get in the next 5 games , more about can we get a shape and stick to it. I understand pragmatism, but 4-3-3 was supposed to be the way forward so Woody needs to try and do that.

 

I've just said in the other thread, it's got to be one or the other. Stick to your beliefs and start coaching the players to play to your style or adopt a pragmatic approach which may better suit the players. 

If we start attacking teams and getting beat then I think he'll get a bit more slack with the fans. If it's a defensive results first style then we need to start doing the basics properly but at the moment we're not doing either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Today has answered your question tbh, get Daniel Stendel in immediately 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

Today has answered your question tbh, get Daniel Stendel in immediately 

Yes, hiring a manager who's just been sacked by a team no better than us when we're already in the *** sounds like a great idea.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Yes, hiring a manager who's just been sacked by a team no better than us when we're already in the *** sounds like a great idea.

Exactly, we should be bringing in Jack Ross really.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Yes, hiring a manager who's just been sacked by a team no better than us when we're already in the *** sounds like a great idea.

He’s got something about him, built Barnsley back up and gave them and the fans a new lease of life. He’s available, he would be cheap and would jump at the chance to come here. Not getting him would be a mistake imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  


×
×
  • Create New...