oneBoro Forum

Middlesbrough v WBA 0-1

Middlesbrough v West Bromwich Albion

Saturday - 3pm - Riverside Stadium.

Good afternoon folks.

Sorry for the late thread, it's been a bit of a weird couple of weeks. Let's jump right in with a bit of an update on where Saturday's two teams left off before the international break:

The Form:

Boro - Winning 1,drawing 2, and losing 3 in their last 6, Boro are currently languishing in 20th place in the Championship in Woody's first season in management. Scoring 11 and conceding 16 in their first 11 games of the season, the free flowing football that was promised during pre-season has only been seen in mere flashes, whereas the defence Pulis built his strategy around seems to have been forgotten altogether. Britt Assombalonga, a truly marmite player amongst some of our fanbase, is current top scorer with 4 goals.

West Brom - Top of the league West Brom have won 4, drew 1 and lost one of their last 6 games. Scoring 21 and conceding 13 so far this season, their current top scorer is Diangana, who has also scored 4 and weighed in with 3 assists. Boro fans will remember Diangana as we were linked with a loan for him in the summer, before opting for his West Ham team mate, Marcus Browne on a permanent transfer.

The Line Up:

Randolph

Dijksteel Ayala Fry Bola

Wing McNair Saville

Tav Fletcher Browne

I think this is the line up I would like to see play the next game. Youth being given a chance, seeing if we can survive without Assombalonga given his current contract and the fact he probably won't be here after the summer, and hopefully Saville showing what he can do in a box to box role alongside Wing with McNair sitting further back, while still giving license to press when required. Coulsen is back playing with the U23s after his injury, so it is also time for Bola to step up, as Shotton's future is as uncertain as Britt's.

Woody-Vision:

How The Other Half Live:

You can find the West Bromwich fans discussing the game here: http://westbrom.com/forum/index.php?topic=23790.0

• Like 2
  • Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Truth be told that was a smash and grab. Second international break, and, second time we started slow. Maybe having Matt Phillips out with an injury added to this. Had it been 99.9% of the rest of the

Embarrassing the club is putting the opposition view out now. The pr machine won't work when we are where we are right now. 

It's time to smell the coffee, we don't have the players to play expansive football!    If we're being pedantic 😉

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Brunners said:

We're going to get rolled over. 3-0 defeat.

I think someone is forgetting that this is Boro we support!

We will win this to build up false hope, before losing the next 6

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have watched WBA a couple of times this season and they are everything we are not, compact at the back, aggressive in midfield and with pace up front. They are going to be hard to stop winning the league let alone for us to get anything from. I find my interest in all things MFC waning at the moment as the prospect of another few seasons of book balancing and austerity as appealing as the flu

The stats say it all.

We don't have the defense to keep them out ,we don't have the midfield to create and, as proven more often than not, we don't have the strike force to stick the ball in the net even if we do manage to put it on a plate.

We are going to get thumped.

4-0 to West Brom.

UTB

Massively important game and not just because of the opposition.

If we show no improvements from our latest games then we know what will follow.

Just want to see effort and desire and decent football from Boro whatever the result maybe.

Most believe a defeat is on the cards so at this time I will be happy with a point as long as the above is applicable.