oneBoro Forum

Middlesbrough v WBA 0-1

As most people have said, this is just the kind of game we'll win. We beat West Brom last year at home with a great performance. Fingers crossed we do the same tomorrow.

1-0 Boro. Fletcher to score

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Truth be told that was a smash and grab. Second international break, and, second time we started slow. Maybe having Matt Phillips out with an injury added to this. Had it been 99.9% of the rest of the

Embarrassing the club is putting the opposition view out now. The pr machine won't work when we are where we are right now. 

It's time to smell the coffee, we don't have the players to play expansive football!    If we're being pedantic 😉

Posted Images

Well I have just had a count up of the predictors votes and it ain't good. It is rare to see so many predicting a  Boro defeat and by such a big margin. H3..D3...A12

I have to agree with them looking at the form of Boro,they are stuck down there and I think they had better get used to it. If Woodgate would only change that suit for a tracksuit roll his sleeves up and stop looking like one of those dummies we used to see in a Upton's window all those years ago down Newport Road.

I just might start believing this guy wants this team he supposedly selects to win a game.

Just been reading a piece on Man Utd fans accusing higher management of screwing up their club because they know frig all about football and telling Solskjaer who to pick. Its nice to see  such a big club like Utd  in the same boat as we are at The Riverside  and its all true imo.

Oooops nearly forgot Boro 0  WBA 3

15 hours ago, diggerlad07 said:

You quoting my line up with nothing, means that I am spot on? 😉 

Or what should we expect, mate?  Anything else you know from the inside at the moment? 

A League 1 team against Championship promotion certainties 😥

Tomorrow will be a bench mark to how far we have descended towards relegation 

Unless Randolph has yet another  MOTM performance 

9 hours ago, pokeyjoe said:

A League 1 team against Championship promotion certainties 😥

Tomorrow will be a bench mark to how far we have descended towards relegation 

Unless Randolph has yet another  MOTM performance 

I have to say this because for 2 weeks it as been doing my head in on Randolph getting praise for the world cup save he made at 1-1.  I see his game differently to others obviously.

Yes I admit once again he did do a fantastic save but only for him to become a calamity a minute or two later in allowing the opposition to score from a cross he had just created by punching the ball clear of the box to the opposition who then commenced to put in a ball to the far post and we all saw what happened then. You could say I suppose that was the fault of the players not moving out fast enough and you would be right but at the end of the day that ball was crossed and everybody just stood there like statues.

Randolph does have a major weakness and that is  his command and presence in the box and his aerial ability is  very suspect. In his favour perhaps its because of his lack of command, he may be over worked at times and that creates his miss readings of cross's. I would like to see him screaming at players around him and making them do the work. If you look back some of the greats were never really great keepers but they were excellent commander's in the area.

You may think me stupid for digging him out and yes when I see him perform those magnificent saves that gain us points like he as done these last few seasons since his arrival I often think that of myself to.

But there is no getting away from it if he concentrated a little more on telling those around him what positions they should get into and what players to watch and getting a lot of the sluggish players out of the area asap we may start winning games and not losing them.

Personally I would drill this home to him in training and make him overall captain to show the team he as the backing of the coach's.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, SmogDane said:

You quoting my line up with nothing, means that I am spot on? 😉 

Or what should we expect, mate?  Anything else you know from the inside at the moment? 

Quite close from what I heard, but I deleted my comment because I received a further text so didn't know how accurate it was.

We have trained with wing backs all international break and I have heard Clayton is getting dropped and Wing is playing further back.

The issue is Saville - he may be getting brought back into the side after his international form so that would mean HOwson moving to full back instead of Dijksteel.

The 2 line ups I was told were (like I say not sure how accurate now)

Randz

Fry ayala shotton

howson                            marv

Wing 

McNair           saville

Britt.                  Fletch

or 

Randz

Fry ayala shotton

Dijksteel                            marv

Wing 

McNair           Howson

Britt.                  Fletch

These could be completely wrong of course, but that's what we have been working on in training

• Like 1

Yeah yeah .. you all think we suck .. which we might do .. 

I still love the Boro and I'm not even English... 

Every game I hope for something good and signs of things getting better .. And I will always do that .. I survived the dreadful *** since relegation and untill Karanka was appointed .. I watched and listened to every game possible then and I still do .. And I still enjoy it .. 

It's like a marriage .. You cannot just enjoy the goods and then give up when there is a bad time ... When things not go your way, one must try harder .. 

If you feed the misery, it will stay ... 

So here's hoping it will be a good game of football  and points for us 😉

• Like 2
40 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

Yeah yeah .. you all think we suck .. which we might do .. 

I still love the Boro and I'm not even English... 

Every game I hope for something good and signs of things getting better .. And I will always do that .. I survived the dreadful *** since relegation and untill Karanka was appointed .. I watched and listened to every game possible then and I still do .. And I still enjoy it .. 

It's like a marriage .. You cannot just enjoy the goods and then give up when there is a bad time ... When things not go your way, one must try harder .. 

If you feed the misery, it will stay ... 

So here's hoping it will be a good game of football  and points for us 😉

I suppose Following Boro is like marriage,The risk of a hammering twice a week,Yeah I could go along with that

I suspect we will start okay and give everyone false hope, then concede a couple before half time and it'll be game over. We simply don't have the confidence or midfield nous to turn a game around when it starts to slip away from us.

20 minutes ago, Barnaby said:

I suppose Following Boro is like marriage,The risk of a hammering twice a week,Yeah I could go along with that

Ooh. Can we get a divorce? I get to keep half of Middlesbroughs assets right?