oneBoro Forum

Middlesbrough v WBA 0-1

1 minute ago, Brunners said:

Lewis Wing has never looked good in that deeper role any time I've seen him, so playing him there in a period where he's already looking pretty bad is just a recipe for disaster.

We have already noted that I wonder why Woodgate does not?

• Like 1
  • Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Truth be told that was a smash and grab. Second international break, and, second time we started slow. Maybe having Matt Phillips out with an injury added to this. Had it been 99.9% of the rest of the

Embarrassing the club is putting the opposition view out now. The pr machine won't work when we are where we are right now. 

It's time to smell the coffee, we don't have the players to play expansive football!    If we're being pedantic 😉

Posted Images

Calm down, mates .. We are NOT going to be relegated.. 

We played well today against the top of the league team .. lost 0-1 but had most chances .. A man of the match performance by Sam Johnston was the difference ..  We are not going down, because of opposition super performances .. duuuh  .. 

We deserved at least a point .. We will have points later in the season, when we not deserve them.. So calm down .. doom and gloom mongers .. 

6 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

We played well today against the top of the league team .. lost 0-1 but had most chances .. A man of the match performance by Sam Johnston was the difference ..  We are not going down, because of opposition super performances .. duuuh  .. 

We deserved at least a point .. We will wehave points later in the season, when we not deserve them.. So calm down .. doom and gloom mongers .. 

I admire your optimism I really do, but fact of the matter is most of this season we've looked like a League 1 team that just fluked its way up, we've had absolutely horrific performances followed by some bang average performances which our fans seem to think is ok, but it's even worse that Gibbo is acceptant of this. 

Football is a game of very fine marginals .. If we had won 2-1 and Johnstone didn't have a world class game .. All the mongers would have kept quiet .. Tough luck .. 

We will start getting points very soon .. I know some of you are with me here.. and if not .. then fine Iøll keep optimistic all by my self .. It was a good exciting game.. tough result but a good game .. 17 shots .. 7 on target .. That's like 5 games of last season combined .. 

We will collect points sooner or later .. Don't worry

• Like 1

Maybe the right scoreline today but they only just edged it. Even though they are visibly a better team than us, much better passing and moving than we have but still we kept them out of it for long periods of the game, the shape worked defensively but not enough the other way.

I think considering some were expecting a battering and on another day we could have snatched it ourselves is a bit of a positive. 

Throwing a flare when you're beating a team in the lower regions of the league is a bit embarrassing, mind. No more embarrassing than when our fans sang we're going up under Monk and Pulis but embarrassing all the same.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, BillinghamBoro said:

I admire your optimism I really do, but fact of the matter is most of this season we've looked like a League 1 team that just fluked its way up, we've had absolutely horrific performances followed by some bang average performances which our fans seem to think is ok, but it's even worse that Gibbo is acceptant of this. 

It's not the first game, where in a fair world we should have had something .. I think we deserves at least 5 points more than what we have this season .. The variance will even out and we will get points where we don't deserv'em... 

And my optimism stays on .. It's a bit harsh read on here sometimes .. But I don't mind ..  Things will go well.. and we will NOT get relegated .. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, BillinghamBoro said:

Gibbo has to be acceptant of this, it's of his bloody making. If this team fails, it's on him more than anyone now, including our manager.

11 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

We deserved at least a point .. We will have points later in the season, when we not deserve them.. So calm down .. doom and gloom mongers .. 

You’re way too optimistic. We will be fighting relegation all season just like we have so far. I hate to say it so soon but we need a new manager with a bit more experience. 

1 minute ago, Borodane said:

You’re way too optimistic. We will be fighting relegation all season just like we have so far. I hate to say it so soon but we need a new manager with a bit more experience. 

And you are way to pessimistic 😉 

Have a nice weekend trip