• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Truth be told that was a smash and grab. Second international break, and, second time we started slow. Maybe having Matt Phillips out with an injury added to this. Had it been 99.9% of the rest of the

Embarrassing the club is putting the opposition view out now. The pr machine won't work when we are where we are right now. 

It's time to smell the coffee, we don't have the players to play expansive football!    If we're being pedantic 😉

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Downsouth said:

Some fine words from SD and would be great if his words are prophetic.

Just seen the table, that tells a different story I am afraid

No it doesn’t DS. If the league was to finish today, we would not get relegated and SD would be correct 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Erimus 63 said:

So you've already decided that we're going to get beat by the mighty Huddersfield. 

It's not so much what other teams do, it's what we are NOT doing that has put us in this position. Huddersfield whilst below us know that they have a chance to kick start their season when they play us.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Erimus 63 said:

So you've already decided that we're going to get beat by the mighty Huddersfield. 

The Cowley's brother's know what they are doing and are exactly the type of people that Gibson should of brought in the summer. 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

It's not so much what other teams do, it's what we are NOT doing that has put us in this position. Huddersfield whilst below us know that they have a chance to kick start their season when they play us.

Yes, and we also have the chance to kick start our season too. I'm just sick of all the negativity on this forum.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Someone on the radio saying there'll be a fan revolt if Gibson doesn't sack Woodgate soon. Just like that massive revolt last season, yeah. TBF, at least fans managed to have their say with the season ticket sales but other than that, there really isn't the appetite for any kind of revolt at this club.

1 minute ago, wilsoncgp said:

Someone on the radio saying there'll be a fan revolt if Gibson doesn't sack Woodgate soon. Just like that massive revolt last season, yeah. TBF, at least fans managed to have their say with the season ticket sales but other than that, there really isn't the appetite for any kind of revolt at this club.

The truth is through many fans didn't want Woodgate appointed as knew he didn't have the experience 

12 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

There won't be a revolt but fans will keep drifting away unless the club sorts itself out. 

If the season finished now I wonder how many season tickets we'd sell for next season. 

Exactly right, DurhamRed. I knew we had to cut corners and thin out the squad this season, but to give that responsibility to a complete novice was madness. And any comparisons to other rookie managerial appointments like McClaren and Karanka are disingenuous,  because they learned their craft under Ferguson and Mourinho respectively.

What opportunity has Woodgate had to prepare him for this massive challenge? Nothing. In at the deep end, with no lifevest. And as a result, we are sinking.

• Like 3
25 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

People just aren’t even bothered enough to revolt at anything. That’s how bad it has become. 

Owner clearly doesn’t care, so why should the fans 

Very disappointing that we played better and still got nil points. Don't think we deserved to lose. A draw would have been fair. 

I guess that's how you get to the top though, grabbing scrappy goals when you don't deserve them!

At least the ref wasn't awful today 

Dress it up as you will, but the table shows just 1 point outside the bottom 3 places.  It shows 10 points from 12 games. Won 2 games from 12, 11 goals for, 17 against. Quite simply, nearly won won’t get 3 points and neither does suggesting bad luck. I’m changing my prediction from mid table to lower bottem, but I still don’t belive we will go down.