oneBoro Forum

Middlesbrough v WBA 0-1

Play like today and we'll beat Huddersfield, the trouble is we never seem to play as well against the teams we should be beating.

I'd drop Wing (yet again) but not change much else.

Saville was actually alright today, even if he really should have scored

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Truth be told that was a smash and grab. Second international break, and, second time we started slow. Maybe having Matt Phillips out with an injury added to this. Had it been 99.9% of the rest of the

Embarrassing the club is putting the opposition view out now. The pr machine won't work when we are where we are right now. 

It's time to smell the coffee, we don't have the players to play expansive football!    If we're being pedantic 😉

Posted Images

22 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

Dress it up as you will, but the table shows just 1 point outside the bottom 3 places.  It shows 10 points from 12 games. Won 2 games from 12, 11 goals for, 17 against. Quite simply, nearly won won’t get 3 points and neither does suggesting bad luck. I’m changing my prediction from mid table to lower bottem, but I still don’t belive we will go down. 

Exactly, a good performance only means something if we replicate it in the following games. After promotion we went to arsenal, city and Man Utd and played well, ultimately it meant nothing. In 2009 we often created chances but just couldn’t convert, again we went down (I can still remember alves 1 on 1, 90th minute to win against Pompey and he tripped over the ball).

We are showing all the signs of a relegation team, no ruthless streak either up front or at the back, pretty passing, no cutting edge and getting sucker punched.

1 hour ago, BillinghamBoro said:

Improved performance but that didn't take much.

Thought we looked better with wing backs but lets be honest, whoever attacks us is going to score goals against us.

On paper apart from possibly Tav swapping for Fletch and Coulson for Marv then that was our strongest team and we still looked completely wide open and poor.

F**k saying the season is about transition and change. What club goes into a season by lowering fans expectations by a ball is even kicked and I don't just mean by appointing Woodgate.

Selling assets, asking for voluntary redundancy and trimming the academy even though the fans were told we were going to turn to youth in the future - children are leaving us and joining sunderland - what does that tell you?

One man to blame for all of this - Steve Gibson. 

I just wish the idiot fans would stop feeding his ego by chanting his name at the matches. Forget the past and look at the present. He is ruining our club and it's only going to get worse.

We did enough asset selling in the summer to survive this season, but next season we are going to be crippled and with the free agents leaving we are also going to sell whats left of our better players.

Today we looked better, but there is deep problems behind the scenes and the players and staff know it. 

Going to be a tough few years ahead as fans and I just wish Gibson finally makes a sensible decision to put the clubs best interest first and sell up.

At this moment in time, it's imperative that fans stick together as Woody won't be going anywhere as we can't afford to make another change.

The best I have heard Gibson is going to do is to try and help Woodgate out by getting an experienced coach in.

• Like 2
39 minutes ago, jamesp said:

People just aren’t even bothered enough to revolt at anything. That’s how bad it has become. 

Owner clearly doesn’t care, so why should the fans 

I mean I'd argue that if you care enough to suggest a revolt, you should probably follow through with it. But we know from last season that it's all sensationalist talk which is why it makes me laugh hearing fans suggest it. You say it's apathy, well suggesting a revolt doesn't suggest apathy to me.

If people want to call out Gibson properly, they need to organise and show him how they feel. I can pretty much guarantee that the essentially passive nature towards him will not change him or how he runs the club. If people are just happy to walk away and not care how the club acts going forward then fair enough, that's a pretty reasonable response. I'd suggest that too is also not what has really happened for most just yet if those same people want to come on here and still talk about the club.

I said today as I left the stadium, there's no way anything will change with Gibson when fans are still singing his name every week. I've said my piece why I think keeping him in charge right now is better than jumping into the unknown so whilst I won't sing his name, I won't call for his head.

But fans who want to challenge him can't expect change to occur just by walking away, in my opinion. He's vindicated by the vocal few who sing his name, by the media who still call him one of the greatest chairmen in the land, the public perception of Gibson beyond these shores is nothing but good. Until that changes, neither will he.

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, BerlinFan said:

It's time to smell the coffee, we don't have the player's to play expansive football! 

It's time to smell the coffee, we don't have the players to play expansive football! 

If we're being pedantic 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Genuinely thought that Fletcher chance was difficult. More difficult than the Britt one against Wednesday when he missed from a similar position on his left foot, also with an open goal.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

If people want to call out Gibson properly, they need to organise and show him how they feel. I can pretty much guarantee that the essentially passive nature towards him will not change him or how he runs the club. If people are just happy to walk away and not care how the club acts going forward then fair enough, that's a pretty reasonable response. I'd suggest that too is also not what has really happened for most just yet if those same people want to come on here and still talk about the club.

I said today as I left the stadium, there's no way anything will change with Gibson when fans are still singing his name every week. I've said my piece why I think keeping him in charge right now is better than jumping into the unknown so whilst I won't sing his name, I won't call for his head.

But fans who want to challenge him can't expect change to occur just by walking away, in my opinion. He's vindicated by the vocal few who sing his name, by the media who still call him one of the greatest chairmen in the land, the public perception of Gibson beyond these shores is nothing but good. Until that changes, neither will he.

I believe fans look at the state of the club but blaming Gibson never even enters their head, like they would just never think to point the finger anywhere near. The likes of bausor, gill and the manager are always the targets, nobody stops to think that they are working under someone’s instruction, they would never actually believe Gibson can or would do any wrong.

’Look at the money he pumps in to keep the club going’, they say. When really they should be thinking we are in this mess because the people at the top can’t run a club properly.

this is one ‘transitional season’ to far for me, one rookie manager experiment to many. The guy has ran out of ideas and lets face it he most likely got by in the past with his willingness to throw more money at it than other chairmen. Look at the evidence, after relegation it was bang expensive signing, bang expensive signing. No imagination was really used other than maybe braithwaite, something behind the scenes is clearly amature, unprofessional and bordering on clueless and if it’s NOT Gibson then he’s just as bad for keeping them in a job.

Now that football has changed clubs like us have to be extra clever, we aren’t even the richest in the championship, we can no longer throw money around and he clearly doesn’t know what else to do.

26 minutes ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

I went today and just felt sick when they scored. Its really not happening for us is it? 

That was the most down i've felt at the end of a home game in a long while. All things considered we didn't play too badly but it just really hurt. When Fletcher skies an open goal then they score in the scrappiest way after fighting all game two minutes later... Didn't think it could've felt much worse than after the Sheffield game but that topped it, probably cause I actually felt hopeful that we might even get a point. But as you say, just really isn't happening. Hoping for my own mental state that we don't lose to Huddersfield and Fulham

We're going down and Sunderland ain't coming up. Newcastle will probably be relegated too. Excellent for North East football, good job all round guys.

Seriously though I think we'll be relegated, Woodgate isn't going anywhere, Gibson is refusing to sell the club despite not being able to put any more money into it himself so tell me, where is the turnaround this season going to come from? 

January is going to be fantastic when all of the teams around us are strengthening their squads and we're buying crap League 1 players in order to prepare for the league we'll be in next season.

• Like 1

My post on the forum have been less frequent of late due to the absolute despair Boro cause me on a weekly basis. However, I thought I'd watch the game again today. 

Yes we were better (for some spells) but in the second half we were lucky to only be 1-0 down. There were about 6 chances on a different day youd expect West Brom to convert. 

But the players and media are saying it's a much better display? It's a little Woodgate propaganda machine. Yes, I appreciate that he needs time, but *** me, its worrying that himself, the Gazette or the players are saying they're not worried. 

Maybe if they were playing like they were about to go down theyd play with a bit more spark? 

Who ever said no sympathy for your 7m striker missing from 3 yards out sums it up for us. 

• Like 4