oneBoro Forum

Middlesbrough v WBA 0-1

14 hours ago, diggerlad07 said:

The best I have heard Gibson is going to do is to try and help Woodgate out by getting an experienced coach in.

What's Agnew up to these days?

• Haha 1
  • Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Truth be told that was a smash and grab. Second international break, and, second time we started slow. Maybe having Matt Phillips out with an injury added to this. Had it been 99.9% of the rest of the

Embarrassing the club is putting the opposition view out now. The pr machine won't work when we are where we are right now. 

It's time to smell the coffee, we don't have the players to play expansive football!    If we're being pedantic 😉

Posted Images

The post match comments from Woodgate and Saville were seemingly scripted as they both used the same terms in their interviews.

Actions speak louder than words and comments about beating Huddersfield if we play like that seem to be of no sense because if we do play like that we will lose again! We did not score and lack of goals is very worrying and clearly easy misses are par for th course and why should that change from opponent to opponent?

I am trying to kid myself that things will get better and with what Woody says then we should hope that this does indeed happen but as mentioned action speaks louder than words and we are not seeing that.

A loss is a loss no matter the excuse!  

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

The post match comments from Woodgate and Saville were seemingly scripted as they both used the same terms in their interviews.

Actions speak louder than words and comments about beating Huddersfield if we play like that seem to be of no sense because if we do play like that we will lose again! We did not score and lack of goals is very worrying and clearly easy misses are par for th course and why should that change from opponent to opponent?

I am trying to kid myself that things will get better and with what Woody says then we should hope that this does indeed happen but as mentioned action speaks louder than words and we are not seeing that.

A loss is a loss no matter the excuse!  

well if you create chances but not score vs you dont create chances and dont score. Which is the best scenario to start getting goals?

"A loss is a loss no matter the excuse! "

Well a win is a win no matter the way you play also, so with that statement we should have kept Pulis then 😉

• Like 3

Truth be told that was a smash and grab. Second international break, and, second time we started slow. Maybe having Matt Phillips out with an injury added to this. Had it been 99.9% of the rest of the league you would have won. Luck was on our side. Plus you're going through the "Pulis Hangover" every club he touches has it. We were relegated then smashed by Bolton before we got it out of our system. You're in a false position and will finish much higher playing like that

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

When was the last time boro looked a genuine threat going forwards over a 3-5 game period?

Off the top of my head, when Karanka had Hignett seems to ring a bell? Why is it that as a club we always struggle to score goals?

Pulis got rightly slated for his defensive and low scoring football, yet Boro find themselves -3 goals worse off than under the ultra brand of defensive football from Pulis. 

We look worse than under Pulis at the back, but worryingly we also look worse going forward and the stats are showing this as well. 

The question is, is there a common denominator? Woodgate? The players? The tactics? The formation? 

Its baffling how pre season and now it hasnt been addressed. 

Woodgate is all talk. Surely a high press would result in more goals being scored and more good chances being created? 

• Like 2

Would someone out there have a stab at estimating the sum of Saturday's wages for the manager and players of the 3  North East teams? 

And start a petition to ask them all to give their share to a charity.

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, Johnny A said:

Would someone out there have a stab at estimating the sum of Saturday's wages for the manager and players of the 3  North East teams? 

And start a petition to ask them all to give their share to a charity.

Go for it!

On the way back to the car yesterday, talked to a couple of WBA fans and they were amazed they got a win...said keeper had his best game of season and Diangana had worst......did ask why we played without a striker till Fletcher came on then laughed when I said Britt was trying harder than usual.....also asked who was the defender who turned his back and stood still as ball crossed goal to Robson-Kanu.......still don't feel optimistic, but would like to see how Tav and Fletch work together....at least both mobile......get through next two games and we will know who the fighters are and I agree with SD....we won't go down...but it won't be pretty

• Like 3

I think West Brom were poor yesterday and we still looked terrified every time they ran at our defenders, we created a couple of really good chances didn't take them and were punished. Our on the ball play patterns are still horrendously bad I don't know what the idea is beyond lump it, pass it 2 yards or do the passing triangle with the fullback we practice every game.

I worry just how low confidence is getting in the squad as we go into a winter run in soon with an amateur manager who throws them under a bus one week and the next talks up home defeats as victories we're in genuine trouble right now and you have to look at the manager it's unacceptable with the squad and wage bill we have he's failing miserably in every aspect I'd hire Nigel Pearson tomorrow myself we can have a post mortem on the fools that appointed Woodgate off a powerpoint presentation another time we need digging out this hole before we take a 15 million pound asset striker to League 1.

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Jamie-H said:

I think West Brom were poor yesterday and we still looked terrified every time they ran at our defenders, we created a couple of really good chances didn't take them and were punished. Our on the ball play patterns are still horrendously bad I don't know what the idea is beyond lump it, pass it 2 yards or do the passing triangle with the fullback we practice every game.

I worry just how low confidence is getting in the squad as we go into a winter run in soon with an amateur manager who throws them under a bus one week and the next talks up home defeats as victories we're in genuine trouble right now and you have to look at the manager it's unacceptable with the squad and wage bill we have he's failing miserably in every aspect I'd hire Nigel Pearson tomorrow myself we can have a post mortem on the fools that appointed Woodgate off a powerpoint presentation another time we need digging out this hole before we take a 15 million pound asset striker to League 1.

The international break slowed us down the earlier in the season, and, it seems to of happened again. Plus Matt Phillips was injured. Having said that boro didn't play as badly as some of the fans think. Sam Johnstone played out of his skin I think you're at the stage with Woodgate that we got with Moore and Graham Jones. Moore could still be here today except he chose the wrong hill to die on

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, baggie192 said:

The international break slowed us down the earlier in the season, and, it seems to of happened again. Plus Matt Phillips was injured. Having said that boro didn't play as badly as some of the fans think. Sam Johnstone played out of his skin I think you're at the stage with Woodgate that we got with Moore and Graham Jones. Moore could still be here today except he chose the wrong hill to die on

Well said - And congrats with the scraped win 😛 

The last few weeks here people have gone from normal negative to level Droopy 

image.png.4dce2fb567fa0f3ee96c2368d96bb9c7.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
13 hours ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

Embarrassing the club is putting the opposition view out now. The pr machine won't work when we are where we are right now. 

Truly, this is sick bag inducing propaganda being issued by the club.

• Like 1

I remember a couple of seasons ago my boss who is a massive Sunderland fan kept telling me it was only early in the season and although they were struggling things would turn good. Too many good players for it not to. 8 months on and they were relegated and he was absolutely distraught as to how and why. So when people on these forums tell me i'm panicking and its early days I remember my old boss saying the same. It's difficult to get out of a rut

• Like 1