oneBoro Forum

How Quick ......

... would a Barry Moat takeover of the Skunks take?

I've hoped all summer that Newcastle struggle to find new owners before Sept. Steven Taylor, Coloccini, Gutierrez and Andy Carroll have all been linked with moves away.

I was hoping that those would leave, without the chance to replace. But as the Barry Moat thing seems to be gathering pace, could this be concluded before August 31st? Or are their lengthy procedures in place.

It's simply a matter of recording the transfer of shares in the company's books, more or less. Control then passes to the new shareholders.

There might be some FA and Prem conditions to observe as well, of course, but I would expect everything to go through with a nod and a wink.

The short answer is: My guess is that ownership of NUFC can change hands within hours, once a deal is struck.

I'm sure that the legal people would need to look over exactly what was being purchased but that is exactly what they will have been doing over the last couple of weeks. Lets not worry about that though, why would one daft geordie chairman be any better than another. The problem with the geordies is that they want the sucess just because they fill the stadium. That alone doesn't give you a divine right to do well - as they find out chairman after chairman.

ibby ...It depends how much due-diligence has been done already,I sence that its been done and I do think Newcastle will have a new owner next week if not earlier.

Mike Ashley was stupid when he bought the toon because he did not have a proper look at the books.After he bought it a lot of debts which were not disclosed before came to the surface.Anybody looking at it now had to prove they had the funds before they could start looking at the figures and because it was well documentd that Ashley got stung (plus they are losing money) I would imagine any potential buyer has sent a long time going through things with a fine tooth comb.

There were rumours that Taylor was at Everton today talking about a move.

It was in 1 of the papers that they still have'nt agreed terms NUFC are not bugging from 100 million and Mort well he will try get the best deal possible8

I read he was struggling to get the funds required from the bank, and it was causing quite a hold up.

As for them apparently filling a stadium, well the self titled "best fans ever" had one or two rats who jumped the ship last game, they were nearly 20,000 short. Strange that for such a big club, with the best fans in the world! No doubt it'll be Ashleys fault! Best thing is, they STILL want She-raar in as manager, despite him never actually winning a game! (Yes, they never beat us, Garf handed them it on a plate with a ridiculous team selection)

Thats been the problem for years, giving into the fans constantly!!!