oneBoro Forum

Middlesbrough v Huddersfield (Away) 0-0

image.png.c8f96c150976fe684c98b6923bf7e39d.png

Hello everybody, it's your friendly neighbourhood optimist speaking!

It's time to have a realistic view on our season so far ... "Realistic" as in real realistic, not the "realistic" according to pessimists.

Ofc we have had som really bad games, but we have also had good spells where we should have had more out of it. We have not had any points handed to us by a bad ref or own goals, missed penna or something else... BUT we have lost points to these things .. and we could have had at least 5-7 points more than what we have, which would put us mid table as expected. It's still early days, we will turn it around and the Pulis hang over will leave. So this is now! This is the game, where we start a better run of luck and results! 

People can be as negative as they want, that doesn't help a bit though .. Just makes it all a little more depressing 😛 

Last time out we met the top dogs of this division and we COULD/SHOULD have won but WBA had the luck and scraped a 0-1 win, but the variance didn't go our way .. It will level out and we will find points, where we shouldn't get any.

Huddersfield Drew away with Blackburn (2-2) and The Cowleys have kickstarted Town, but it's now up to the mighty Boro to stop that good run and start our own!

Questions:

Formation and team? 

Score prediction?

Will we win with a performance like v WBA? 

Is a draw an ok result? (why/why not?)

Does anyone remember Andy Booth, a very good striker according to FM 94?

• Like 2
  • Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can we bring Keane on instead?

Howson has been good at right-back, better than Dijksteel has, I would assume that's the perspective around playing him over Dijksteel there. He was good there in pre-season, good before his injury fo

I don't think he is.  I know he's scored some goals this season but I think it's been a mixture of tap ins and a couple of decent headers.  The goal he got the other night was lucky as he hit it towar

Posted Images

Got to be the same team for me but with Coulson on the bench. Marv doesn't deserve dropped as he had a good game against WBA I thought.

McNair, Saville and Wing are by far our best 3 combination in midfield as they offer us a lot more fluidity. 

Unchanged for me.

I thought Wing was anonymous yesterday and couldn't deliver a set piece to save his life, but this constant chopping and changing isn't doing anyone any good.

Bit annoyed Dijksteel and Bola aren't playing as I don't think Howson was any great shakes, we've surely got to give them more opportunity to develop.

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Unchanged for me.

I thought Wing was anonymous yesterday and couldn't deliver a set piece to save his life, but this constant chopping and changing isn't doing anyone any good.

Bit annoyed Dijksteel and Bola aren't playing as I don't think Howson was any great shakes, we've surely got to give them more opportunity to develop.

I agree why has he lost faith with his only 3 signings. But this is a very crucial game and is a must must win in my view even more so as I'm going. Just can't witness another demoralising defeat we could be  joint bottom of the championship with defeat UNPRECEDENTED

8 hours ago, TeaCider24 said:

Unchanged for me.

Its true the way the squad are playing no matter who is out on the pitch I don't think its going to matter to much to the scoreline. So yes if he did ask for these players to be bought by higher management then he should be showing faith in them. 

But like as happened with past managers since Southgate was given the position,higher management have bought these players and the manager just leaves them on the sidelines until he as injury's. This could be happening again here. 

I will go once again with the predictors and say Boro are going to be swamped another nail in the coffin as we slide into the lower league.

Good op SD!

I think my seldom used expression is very apt for this game due to where we will be if we lose.

THE MOST IMPORTANT GAME OF THE SEASON...……………….so far!!

"Ra, ra, ra, wwwwwwwwwwhhhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeesssssssssss Adam!

• Haha 2

Formation and team? 

I'm not sure of the opposition's threat but I'm a bit wary of sticking to the 5-3-1-1/3-5-1-1. I'd probably prefer it if we went back to 4-3-3 for this game.

Randolph

Howson Ayala Shotton Bola

McNair Clayton Wing

Johnson Britt Browne

Score prediction?

3-1 to the Boro, come on.

Will we win with a performance like v WBA? 

Maybe, but the best part of our performance against them was dealing with their threat for large periods. So God knows if we can do the same for Huddersfield.

Is a draw an ok result? (why/why not?)

Context might change during the game but for now, I'd say not. This is a good opportunity to pick up points before playing another team you'd suspect have a good chance of beating us.

Does anyone remember Andy Booth, a very good striker according to FM 94?

Doesn't ring a bell.

1 hour ago, juninho9 said:

Whatever the formation we use on Wednesday, I feel Fry needs to be dropped. 

Yeah, I'm of the same mind. I couldn't wait to have him back in the team but defensively he has really struggled. I never thought I'd be putting Shotton in ahead of him because he's less of a liability right now.

If we do anything but win this game that'll be the result that fully convinces me we will go down.

A west brom esque performance would be nice, only with actually some finishing of chances.

Last season, Fry played  alongside Flint and Friend....experienced and fairly unflappable....at the moment he is next to Ayala and Clayton who seem to alternate between "don't panic" and "they don't like it up them....Pike, Wilson and Fraser or Pike, Jones and Godfrey  either way, he needs more help than he is getting this year  

Has to be the same team for the sake of a little continuity. 

Lose this and Woodgate needs to wake up and realise we're in a relegation fight. We have the worst form in the league along with Barnsley... worrying to see Reading and Stoke sorting themselves out too.