Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can we bring Keane on instead?

Howson has been good at right-back, better than Dijksteel has, I would assume that's the perspective around playing him over Dijksteel there. He was good there in pre-season, good before his injury fo

I don't think he is.  I know he's scored some goals this season but I think it's been a mixture of tap ins and a couple of decent headers.  The goal he got the other night was lucky as he hit it towar

Posted Images

Part of me wonders is the coaching staff impacting the confidence of the players or is it soley down to players being crap? 

Defensively we still look shambolic and it seems that many of our players don't totally know what roles theyre meant to play 

1 minute ago, Brunners said:

We are so snakebitten it's unreal, nothing goes in for us. Just need one to go in off a butt cheek or something. I thought that the last two games have been much better played, we just can't hit a barn door.

Fulham will have a field day

Tbf if fletcher didn’t have butt cheeks for feet we might have scored 🙂

• Haha 1

We can’t score, and we haven’t shown we can all season. 
Feel for Woodgate tbh. 

We need to get a striker in in January. Someone nasty who’s gonna annoy the defence and get stuck in, hold the ball up and challenge for headers.

sick of us having strikers who play on the edge of games, and are to nice to play against.

Just now, BoroSmoggie said:

We can’t score, and we haven’t shown we can all season. 
Feel for Woodgate tbh. 

We need to get a striker in in January. Someone nasty who’s gonna annoy the defence and get stuck in, hold the ball up and challenge for headers.

sick of us having strikers who play on the edge of games, and are to nice to play against.

Jordan hugill?

• Like 1

We deserved to win this game, no doubt about that. We had the chances to do it, no doubt. We absolutely need to take the chances we have created, that's the difference between 1 and 3 points tonight.

Still need to improve. No offence to them as they worked hard but Huddersfield were not good tonight. I think in some ways whilst I want to be positive, this wasn't as good an achievement or performance as the West Brom game as I just don't think we needed to play the defence we did tonight, Fry wasn't needed in that game. Tough game at the weekend, I'm off on holiday for a few days after so would be nice to go away with 3 points. Going by their result tonight, a win would be terrific on paper.

I thought it was a decent performance. One positive was young Pears. Didn't have much to do but what he did have he did competently, although his kicking needs to improve.

The club have said don't expect any big spending in January but if they could find a decent striker then I have no doubt the effect of someone actually providing an end product would have a positive effect on the whole team,certainly enough to finish mid-table.

The striker in question doesn't have to be an expensive world beater, just someone who is better than what we have would do, can't be that hard surely.

4 minutes ago, BillinghamBoro said:

Part of me wonders is the coaching staff impacting the confidence of the players or is it soley down to players being crap? 

Defensively we still look shambolic and it seems that many of our players don't totally know what roles theyre meant to play 

This team is definitely better than its current position and state of play. I’m pinning a lot of the blame on the management because I don’t think they have a clue about what to do. 

3 minutes ago, BillinghamBoro said:

Defensively we were fine today, very little to concern us, we were okay against West Brom. It's not the defence I'm worried about after the last 2 games for sure.

I think the confidence naturally falls when you're in the position we're in. It's a tough job for any coach to turn around but I'd absolutely be testing their ability to score in high pressure situations in training.

1 minute ago, sanddancer said:

The buck stops with the manager, period. 

always think thats daft, if a professional striker misses an open goal from two yards its his fault. also dont know what woodgate could have changed this game. there was no luck.  another day we score 3 today.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1