Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can we bring Keane on instead?

Howson has been good at right-back, better than Dijksteel has, I would assume that's the perspective around playing him over Dijksteel there. He was good there in pre-season, good before his injury fo

I don't think he is.  I know he's scored some goals this season but I think it's been a mixture of tap ins and a couple of decent headers.  The goal he got the other night was lucky as he hit it towar

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Why didn't Britt simply lob the keeper? Not many complaining about his golden chance

because I don't think it was that golden, he never got any good chance to shoot it because the second he did he was tugged off balance. 

5 minutes ago, tmcc said:

always think thats daft, if a professional striker misses an open goal from two yards its his fault. also dont know what woodgate could have changed this game. there was no luck.  another day we score 3 today.

Fact, strikers miss more goals than they score. Strikers missing a few goals would not return statistic, P13, W2 GD -6, points 11. Not daft, facts. I’ll add, this team is better than its current position and form, so who is at fault? The manager. 

• Confused 1

2 points in 6 games, who in our team can score to get us out of this?....I cant think of anyone tbh Britt when hes not scoring doesnt do enough and Fletcher misses sitters at crucial times. Get a striker in someone like Kike whos going to work his socks off and wants it from a foreign club (English players are too expensive) and we might survive.  

8 minutes ago, tmcc said:

always think thats daft, if a professional striker misses an open goal from two yards its his fault. also dont know what woodgate could have changed this game. there was no luck.  another day we score 3 today.

Nah we've been saying that all season. If this, if that. Simple fact is we didnt. Not luck based, its terrible finishing.

Just now, mj south said:

What's Woodgates plan??

We have no identity, the players seem clueless, were a bloody mess

If we had players who converted harder to miss than score chances we'd have a tone of extra points just miss criminal chances 

• Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, mj south said:

What's Woodgates plan??

We have no identity, the players seem clueless, were a bloody mess

I think we have scrapped identity in search of results... Which we are not getting either. 

If we are going to have to rely on Britt and Fletcher to score the goals for us then we're ***, we're going to have to pray that Tav  and Wing start cracking a few in.

Fletcher wants horse whipping after the miss of the season, cost us a few points this fella, he's excellent header against Cardiff being another one, garbage.   

10 minutes ago, sanddancer said:

Fact, strikers miss more goals than they score. Strikers missing a few goals would not return statistic, P13, W2 GD -6, points 11. Not daft, facts. I’ll add, this team is better than its current position and form, so who is at fault? The manager. 

thats abit of an ambiguous statement you have to rate chances on their individual merits. in anycase, theres a difference between chances and open goals, id bet alot of money that most strikers score more open goals than they miss. (except ofcourse boro strikers).  well if u look at the games so far, against luton we miss a pen at 3-2 to go 4-2 up and win the game (again most striker score more pens that miss i assume) 2 points dropped. 

next game brentford two goals disallowed that wernt offiside, dont go 2-0 up lose 3 points dropped. refs fault. 

obviously deserved a point v west brom open goal missed along side a number of chances.   at least a point dropped. 

and obviously tonight 2 points dropped as we easily should have scored one of our many chances. 

an easy 8 points dropped this season which would have us 11th. 

again i dont think we've been great but i do think a mixture of bad luck and some terrible misses have cost. i mean weve missed about 5 open goals already this season. most teams wont miss that many all season. 

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, BearSmog said:

I think we have scrapped identity in search of results... Which bear not getting either. 

I've said before and I'll say again, he put WAY too much stock in Mowbrays "find a way to win" comments post Blackburn. Immediately turned away from his way of playing and hasn't had a real identity since.

10 minutes ago, nunthorpered said:

Nah we've been saying that all season. If this, if that. Simple fact is we didnt. Not luck based, its terrible finishing.

just because you have a period of sustained bad luck, dosent stop it being bad luck. like i said in another comment, weve missed about 5 open goals, obviously unlucky v brentford two perfectly good goals disallowed, britts pen, open goal missed v west brom in a game were we had good chances. the list goes on. i mean look at tonight, had 3 chances where the ball hit a player a yard out and didnt go in. we just something to go our way and we'll mid table. 

the only thing i was say is now the team has no confidence, we need something to fall for us or ome of strikers find the ability to score an open goal. 

1 minute ago, tmcc said:

just because you have a period of sustained bad luck, dosent stop it being bad luck. like i said in another comment, weve missed about 5 open goals, obviously unlucky v brentford two perfectly good goals disallowed, britts pen, open goal missed v west brom in a game were we had good chances. the list goes on. i mean look at tonight, had 3 chances where the ball hit a player a yard out and didnt go in. we just something to go our way and we'll mid table. 

the only thing i was say is now the team has no confidence, we need something to fall for us or ome of strikers find the ability to score an open goal. 

Its not unlucky to miss open goals its bad technique. Luck has nothing to do with it. These are basic rules taught on UEFA courses 

It’s desperate isn’t it? I’m not really sure what we’re trying to do, no clear patterns of play (apart from getting to the byline down the right side when an earlier cross would be better), no confidence and no leadership. Where is the next win coming from? Draws and inability to score only results in one thing (as we learnt when we were in the PL)