oneBoro Forum

Your 1st Boro game

Unfortunately I can't remember mine, late 1971 was when my dad 1st took me, I remember my 1st FAC match, which was the 18th January 1972 v Man City, Boro won 1-0 courtesy of a John Hickton goal 

My 1st away game was v Preston 11th November 1972, Boro winning 1-0, again, big John getting the only goal of the game

1990 the Zenith Data Systems Cup Final at Wembley. I didn’t even have a ticket but managed to blag my way in, the exuberance of youth I suppose. My only problem was that I ended up in the Chelsea end behind the goal. Bernie Slaven nearly got me killed when he hit the outside of the post around the 65th minute. I reacted in an obvious way and the Chelsea fans turned on me. I had to be rescued by the Steward’s and got thrown out 😂😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
1 hour ago, Maccarone said:

Can't remember the year maybe Erimus you can.

Was a League Cup game ,a night game against Stoke City, we lost 2-1. Early seventies I think.

6th November 1973, League Cup 3rd round replay, we lost 2-1 after extra time

Alan Foggon scored our goal, 26,000 there 

23 minutes ago, smogsterking the Inspirati said:

Boro vs Norwich 3-3. I had a soft spot for Norwich back then as I loved the colour green so my loyalties were split that game celebrating both teams goals. 

https://www.skysports.com/football/mboro-vs-norwich/275650

smogsterking, final game of our relegation season, Andy Collett made his home debut in goal, his 2nd appearance, he made his away debut the previous week at Sheff Weds in a 3-2 Boro win

I think Norwich finished 3rd that season, qualifying for Europe 

• Like 1

I had been to a home game against Bolton in the 90s at the Riverside which I only remember walking back from 'cause it was *** down. And I think I went to a 0-0 draw against Charlton in the early 2000s with a school trip.

But I always think of the 5-3 against Brum after the Cup win as my first proper game, though.

• Like 1

My first game was May 6th 1980 against Liverpool.  A birthday treat from my uncle. My 8th birthday.

I don't remember much of the game other than thinking football was a fantastic game at night (still prefer a night game to this day) and the total madness when we scored (Shearer) in the last few minutes.

Middlesbrough 1-0 Liverpool  

• Like 1

March 16, 1962.....Boro 4 Brighton 0......I thought all Boro games would be like that.....My Dad got me in on a squeeze and said that I shouldn't get too attached to them as they would always find a way to break your heart ..but when are eight, you always think you know best........god, I feel old 😞

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

March 16, 1962.....Boro 4 Brighton 0......I thought all Boro games would be like that.....My Dad got me in on a squeeze and said that I shouldn't get too attached to them as they would always find a way to break your heart ..but when are eight, you always think you know best........god, I feel old 😞

Old Codger, totally agree, I said to my son & daughter when taking them to their 1st games at the Riverside, once the Boro break your heart they have you for life