oneBoro Forum

Proposed restructure of the oneBoro Forum

Hey,

After some feedback before the international break about restructuring the forum, the subject came up again in the New Server thread.

As such, we're looking to get feedback on restructuring the forum to keep Boro debate in the "Boro Forum" and shuffle forums around for a dedicated "General" section.

We're thinking...

MIDDLESBROUGH FC
- Boro Forum (with all topics from Boro Youths & Reserves Forum merged into it)
- Match Day Threads 2019/20 Season

GENERAL/NON BORO
- All things Non-Boro (with all topics from Music, Television and Cinema, Video Gaming and Geeks corner and Other stuff merged into it. Topics such as Music, Films and TV Series, The chattybox - anything EXCEPT football, NFL talk 19/20 will be moved to this new section). The idea that NFL/England/Premier League/TV/Gaming/etc... can all have threads of their own in here.

ONEBORO GAMES
- This will remain as is

ONEBORO MATCH DAY THREAD ARCHIVE
- This will remain as is

We're looking to hear your views on this, and if this is something that gets the thumbs up, we can go ahead and implement it.

Cheers!

• Like 6
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey, After some feedback before the international break about restructuring the forum, the subject came up again in the New Server thread. As such, we're looking to get feedback on restructu

It basically comes down to what you are used to and feel comfortable with and proposed changes to individuals are slightly annoying. I do not like the countless threads on the same subject as see

Thanks all for your feedback on this 👍 I've started to do some moving around of threads and forums as part of the reorganisation. As such, we now have... MIDDLESBROUGH FC - Boro Forum

Fully support this. There isn’t enough traffic in tbe sub forums to warrant their own forum and feedback I’ve seen says people would rather have an all-in-one general section, so I think it’s a good move 👍🏼

• Like 1

Sounds good to me. Quite a lot of stuff to keep the general forum going if you pack all that into it, rather than say split it down into different types of sub-forum. One all-purpose nattering section for anything not related to Boro.

My only suggestion would be maybe sectioning out football topics from non-football topics. Stuff like Non-Boro Football still feels like it has a place in either the main sub-forum or perhaps better would be a more generic Football sub-forum of its own. So you have Boro, Football and then General. Something like that.

• Like 2

I agree with Wilson. Three main sections would be much cleaner - all things Boro, non-Boro football, and everything else. It'd be great to see more activity and threads in the non-football section - what do you put on your chips*, how to resolve the Brexit impasse at Westminster**, the best bass player of all time***, etc.

(* Cheese and curry sauce

** Second referendum

*** Cliff Burton)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

is there enough non-bono football for its own sub section? I know there is a massive thread on it, wouldn't that make sense to just have it as a sticky in the boro forum, or just have it as Football Chat and General?

It could evolve into a subform dedicated towards that, but what I would suggest you want to avoid is having people have to switch sections too often as thats how stuff falls by the wayside. As forums grow subsections become a natural byproduct because it gets too busy to have those conversations all in one place, so if the "football" section grew too busy and too many non-boro threads taking place then by all means, but presently the boro section doesn't have a huge amount of active topics in it either so by splitting it you divide your audience. 

• Like 1

I think a non-Boro football sub-forum should be open to threads of all kinds in football matters. I can't say for sure but I think there's a good case for that thread being split into separate issues. Non-Boro Football is quite a popular thread but it consists of pretty much everything and can at times be quite considerably mixed up.

Understandably, it's literally anything but Boro and Football pretty much always has something new to talk about. I'd like to think this football sub-forum would encourage new threads for new things rather than keep everything in a single place just because it's not related to Boro. Some standard footballing threads like Premier League, Championship, other leagues around Europe/the world, international tournaments... then incidents, things like discussing the successes and failures of dealing with racism, homophobia or other forms of discrimination in football, something quite prevalent at the moment in the Football news. We all love talking about football and it would be nice to open this up a bit more.

My view is I think you should remove a lot of the threads that ain't football when I look at some posts on occasions .  All I see is a load of waffle on about TV shows and other silly stuff.  Thats probably why the forum as lost so many good posters since it started in 2009 to much of everything else and not enough of the MFC and other football news concerning say the younger sides that play for Boro. Lets see what is written about  promising Boro starlets instead of just reading they have been sold to other lower clubs. after spending their youth at MFC.

Either that or as some one as already said have a bloody good clean out anything older than 2017 bin it,you can start with the Prediction threads and all those stickies and posts from earlier years .

Yeah, definitely delete all the old matchday threads, we've still got ones from the Karanka era for christ's sake!

Super 6 certainly doesn't need it's own sub-forum either.

I would suggest a main Boro forum, with subforums for the Youth Team and archived matchday threads from THIS SEASON only.

A non-Boro football forum to discuss all other teams, competitions etc

A General Discussion forum for literally everything else. TV Shows, other sports, jokes etc can have their own megathreads.

If people post in the right sections and the mods keep on top of moving threads to their correct places if necessary,  it could work.

• Like 2

Yeah I've said before the past match day threads need to go. 

I can't imagine many if any look at them. 

Agree Super 6 was for me but doesn't get any traffic so can go. 

Ladies football forum, that was a waste of time so can go also.

General clean up as well but the Forum is looking good anday I'm sure will look even better after the changes. 

Great job Rob

Thanks all for your feedback on this 👍

I've started to do some moving around of threads and forums as part of the reorganisation.

As such, we now have...

MIDDLESBROUGH FC
Boro Forum - For all things Boro senior, reservers, youth, U23 and U18 discussion
Match Day Threads 2019/20 Season - Archive of this season's match day threads

GENERAL / NON BORO
All things non-Boro - Lets see how we get on with one place to chat all things non-Boro, including football and non-football topics
oneBoro Games* - This includes the sub forums of oneBoro Fantasy FootballoneBoro Predictions League and Sky Super 6 

ONEBORO MATCH DAY THREAD ARCHIVE
- Remain as it was**

*If the relevant content owners of oneBoro Fantasy Football, oneBoro Predictions League and Sky Super 6 could let me know what they'd like to do with these sub forums? We could merge all the topics from these into one "oneBoro Games" section which sits under General / Non Boro?

**With regards to the old match day threads, these go a long way of preserving an archive of past seasons and help with search rankings. I've reordered these to be in date order and placed this forum at the end of the list. I have also restricted access so that members can no longer post or reply to topics in these archived match day threads.

I have also retained the old forums and made these into redirects so they point to the new home. This helps users find where content has moved to, along with helping search engines crawl the site and understand the structure of the forum.

We can see how we get on with this set up. I think the main debate will be on if we have one or two sections for General / Non Boro, i.e "All football that isn't Boro" and "All things non-Boro, non-football", but lets see how things go - we can easily change and adapt to this.

Likewise, we'll see how things settle down and then start to move over threads like Music, Films and TV Series, The chattybox - anything EXCEPT football and NFL talk 19/20 into their new homes.

As always, feedback, comments and questions welcome.

Cheers!

• Like 3

Indeed I was impressed when I saw the new look when signing in this morning.

Glad the m/d archive remains as this does help authors to research past games if they want to include information