oneBoro Forum

Proposed restructure of the oneBoro Forum

2 hours ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Well it's about time they stepped up then. 

I dont want to have to sift through hundreds of topics with only a few posts on each just to get to the good content. I know where the decent discussions are with the megathreads.

The Cream always rises to the top!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey, After some feedback before the international break about restructuring the forum, the subject came up again in the New Server thread. As such, we're looking to get feedback on restructu

It basically comes down to what you are used to and feel comfortable with and proposed changes to individuals are slightly annoying. I do not like the countless threads on the same subject as see

Thanks all for your feedback on this 👍 I've started to do some moving around of threads and forums as part of the reorganisation. As such, we now have... MIDDLESBROUGH FC - Boro Forum

11 hours ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Well it's about time they stepped up then. 

I dont want to have to sift through hundreds of topics with only a few posts on each just to get to the good content. I know where the decent discussions are with the megathreads.

I'll point out if the mods got harsher on moving/deleting posts, the outcry from this forum would be immense.

It always is; every time. You know that full well D.Z, we've both been a part of it in the past.

It basically comes down to what you are used to and feel comfortable with and proposed changes to individuals are slightly annoying.

I do not like the countless threads on the same subject as seen on fmttm, it makes no sense and the shelf life is often short with very little posts.

Moderation is what it is on this forum we have great members who generally get on well and therefore it is not needed save slight deletions that sometimes are never seen or registered.

You can tell though when drink does the typing!

All for the changes so give it time and what you like the best will always be there 

• Like 4
On 10/26/2019 at 1:55 PM, Maccarone said:

Sorry must have missed some things Rob but the Boro Youth's and Reserve sectionot has all the other main Forum thread's as well? 

I'm looking at in mobile version. 

Sorry if this has already been mentioned 

@Maccarone, this has been retained as a redirect to point any search traffic (or users unaware of the changes) to its new home. I'm going to move these redirect forums to the bottom of the listing and eventually remove these 👍.

13 hours ago, Downsouth said:

It basically comes down to what you are used to and feel comfortable with and proposed changes to individuals are slightly annoying.

I do not like the countless threads on the same subject as seen on fmttm, it makes no sense and the shelf life is often short with very little posts.

Moderation is what it is on this forum we have great members who generally get on well and therefore it is not needed save slight deletions that sometimes are never seen or registered.

You can tell though when drink does the typing!

All for the changes so give it time and what you like the best will always be there 

This!

I think user engagement is a key metric. if people can't be bothered to move between sections, then they might still end up derelict. 

As an example, there is now a section for "All Things Non-Boro" and this section is "Boro forum"...but there is still a sticky thread in here for Music, Films and TV series. Thats a fairly broad catch-all topic too that takes all conversations on those mediums into one place, which might not pique someones interest. Then there is another one for "All things non-football"  - both these seem to be at odds with the restructure. 

When discussing having non-boro football and football in the same forum - or even all content in the same forum - the chief measure I would be looking at is the oldest date of pages on the front page. As it stands, there are 5 topics that have not been updated since October 22nd which is 7 days, then a bunch that are 6 days old. To me, that suggests that conversation is just not fluid enough at present to support many subsections, and by dividing it up you keep a line of separation but you also put off potential people from getting stuck in - and anyone viewing the forum for the first time will see old threads on the forum and think that it does not get posted on much. I don't think there should be multiple topics on the same subject, but that also doesn't mean that every topic relating to TV series goes into the same pot either imo.

I think when you get to the point where all of the posts on the front page have posting activity that day then it starts to make sense to have specific sections to diverge as that stops content getting lost amongst other parts. Until then, its over-dividing it. 

• Like 1

I don't really understand why we still have archive going back 5 seasons? nobody has looked at some for 5 years, just seems a little strange to keep? I thought we were looking to smarten things up, update things? can't really see why we need to keep these visible?

Maybe it's just me?

46 minutes ago, Maccarone said:

I don't really understand why we still have archive going back 5 seasons? nobody has looked at some for 5 years, just seems a little strange to keep? I thought we were looking to smarten things up, update things? can't really see why we need to keep these visible?

Maybe it's just me?

Apparently it's so matchday thread authors can look up past results.

Now, if only there was a website you could use for that...