• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey, After some feedback before the international break about restructuring the forum, the subject came up again in the New Server thread. As such, we're looking to get feedback on restructu

It basically comes down to what you are used to and feel comfortable with and proposed changes to individuals are slightly annoying. I do not like the countless threads on the same subject as see

Thanks all for your feedback on this 👍 I've started to do some moving around of threads and forums as part of the reorganisation. As such, we now have... MIDDLESBROUGH FC - Boro Forum

15 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Not really a huge fan of separating the football in to a Boro and Non-Boro section as it's a faff on to quickly get to the different parts of the forum on my phone.

This. It's as annoying to me having it all seperate as it is to others having to see an unread NFL talk thread.

3 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

sad donald trump GIF

I think the forum definitely needs a politics thread. Who else but the OB massif could unpick the intricacies of Brexit, predict the result of the General Election we're apparently going to have during panto season (oh no we're not etc), and comment on the utter ridiculousness of Trump's hair in that GIF you've posted?

Just now, RiseAgainst said:

I think the forum definitely needs a politics thread. Who else but the OB massif could unpick the intricacies of Brexit, predict the result of the General Election we're apparently going to have during panto season (oh no we're not etc), and comment on the utter ridiculousness of Trump's hair in that GIF you've posted?

The only thing I'll say is the last time we discussed politics on here was during the time of the 2016 referendum. It got a bit... heated. As you can imagine.

Still, it's probably the 2nd biggest thing I talk about at the moment. And it does affect us all. I'd be open to it.

1 hour ago, wilsoncgp said:

The only thing I'll say is the last time we discussed politics on here was during the time of the 2016 referendum. It got a bit... heated. As you can imagine.

Still, it's probably the 2nd biggest thing I talk about at the moment. And it does affect us all. I'd be open to it.

I think it's fine with strong moderation. I love getting involved in a debate, but debates about brexit rapidly become "you're thick, you're moaning, you're racist" etc. Which is usually true half the time but still, doesn't get you anywhere in a debate! That animosity then follows people around too and breaks out in other threads, which is what you get at FMTTM with people having vendettas. 

1 hour ago, TeaCider24 said:

Not really a huge fan of separating the football in to a Boro and Non-Boro section as it's a faff on to quickly get to the different parts of the forum on my phone.

And yeah I agree with this. I think majority of people visiting a forum would probably just want it all in one place. Once you get to having several thousand members you would absolutely want to split it out because the number of topics being posted are high and that content will get mixed up, but while its building up (which I would say is the phase that OneBoro is in) you want as little separation as possible and I think having all the football stuff in one place (Boro and Non Boro) and then everything else in the General forum

(there is an argument for everything just going in one place too, but I think the above is the best approach)

Sorry must have missed some things Rob but the Boro Youth's and Reserve sectionot has all the other main Forum thread's as well? 

I'm looking at in mobile version. 

Sorry if this has already been mentioned 

One big forum for all threads, no subsections, maybe a few stickies at the top. Threads have a natural active life and, on busy forums,  soon drop off the front page if inactive. We've got these endless threads, going back ages. Navigation is a pain. Most people now access via phone. We're ahead of FMTTM and COB there as our site is responsive i.e. reformats for different devices/viewports. We're behind on our front page though. People want content, not navigation. They prefer vertical scrolling to clicks - once you're on the site it should be one click and you're into content. FMTTM is technically dreadful, unresposive, full of redundant sections, but has one popular (by Boro standards) page, with a mixture of constantly changing topics which keeps visitors coming back. Any old topic will do - if nobody is interested it will soon drop off the page.

• Like 2

think that one big forum is asking for trolls....especially with politics.....can't be too difficult for someone to navigate between two forums titled Football and Non-Football....even for people as decrepit and techblind as me

8 hours ago, 38Red said:

One big forum for all threads, no subsections, maybe a few stickies at the top. Threads have a natural active life and, on busy forums,  soon drop off the front page if inactive. We've got these endless threads, going back ages. Navigation is a pain. Most people now access via phone. We're ahead of FMTTM and COB there as our site is responsive i.e. reformats for different devices/viewports. We're behind on our front page though. People want content, not navigation. They prefer vertical scrolling to clicks - once you're on the site it should be one click and you're into content. FMTTM is technically dreadful, unresposive, full of redundant sections, but has one popular (by Boro standards) page, with a mixture of constantly changing topics which keeps visitors coming back. Any old topic will do - if nobody is interested it will soon drop off the page.

This is what I’d prefer tbh, it’s one thing I like about fmttm that there’s a variety of stuff to read if I’m bored. With this forums current format you end up with discussions within discussions which are often totally off topic.

4 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

think that one big forum is asking for trolls....especially with politics.....can't be too difficult for someone to navigate between two forums titled Football and Non-Football....even for people as decrepit and techblind as me

So delete their posts and ban them

10 hours ago, LinoJo3 said:

This is what I’d prefer tbh, it’s one thing I like about fmttm that there’s a variety of stuff to read if I’m bored. With this forums current format you end up with discussions within discussions which are often totally off topic.

That's what the mods are there for, to move/delete inappropriate posts. 

One big forum would be a disaster, we dont want to be anything like fmttm.

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

That's what the mods are there for, to move/delete inappropriate posts. 

One big forum would be a disaster, we dont want to be anything like fmttm.

They never do delete or move posts though.

Also I think it would be better that way as lots of good discussions on here get lost in various ‘mega threads’.

Just now, LinoJo3 said:

They never do delete or move posts though.

Also I think it would be better that way as lots of good discussions on here get lost in various ‘mega threads’.

Well it's about time they stepped up then. 

I dont want to have to sift through hundreds of topics with only a few posts on each just to get to the good content. I know where the decent discussions are with the megathreads.