• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.   Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody s

@Lurker, @diggerlad07 @Smoggydownsouth and all the other ITK posters. Thank you for all the ITK info you guys share. Think i speak for everyone when i say it is much appreciated. Without it the l

Roberts is done. As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k. Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham.    5 more

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Come on. Really? Signing a young player who was their player of the year for 1,5 million and we only give him a one year contract? Get out of here 🙂

Bola was given a 1 year contract with an option to extend at the end of the season based on if he turns out to be good enough to play in the Championship.

Browne was given a 4 year contract as he technically played for West Ham (once, as a sub, in the Europa League.)

23 hours ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Bola was one year with the option to extend it I believe. Not sure about Browne.

That's our option to extend rather than his so in essence he's on a two year deal unless we decide that we don't want him.  He'd be a big loss if he left though🙃

I’m watching the FAI cup final and a player I mentioned before, Jack Byrne, is having a smashing game. We need to be looking at players like him. Low cost and high quality. Sean Dyche is in the crowd and is rumoured to be watching both Byrne and Sean Gannon who is a decent RB. 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Borodane said:

Come on. Really? Signing a young player who was their player of the year for 1,5 million and we only give him a one year contract? Get out of here 🙂

He wasn’t 1.5mill? Think you’re thinking of Dijksteel

On 11/3/2019 at 5:15 PM, Blanco said:

I’m watching the FAI cup final and a player I mentioned before, Jack Byrne, is having a smashing game. We need to be looking at players like him. Low cost and high quality. Sean Dyche is in the crowd and is rumoured to be watching both Byrne and Sean Gannon who is a decent RB. 

Just to back myself up here. It’s been reported over here that Leeds have made a bid for Jack Byrne.

There a picture on social media of ex Millwall GK Jordan Archer training with us. Suggestion he might be on trial.

I assumed Randolph would be fit after international break so not sure why he need a 4th keeper given there no suggestion Pears injury is long term as he 50/50 for today. Maybe Randolph injury more long term...

9 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

There a picture on social media of ex Millwall GK Jordan Archer training with us. Suggestion he might be on trial.

I assumed Randolph would be fit after international break so not sure why he need a 4th keeper given there no suggestion Pears injury is long term as he 50/50 for today. Maybe Randolph injury more long term...

Posted in another thread, but looks like we're trying to get a third choice keeper in should Randolph be sold in January.

It’s worth noting that Jordan Archer is still only 26 year old, which is pretty young for a goalkeeper, so if he continues to improve then he could turn out to be a shrewd signing. It's worth noting that when Randolph was around 26 year old he was playing for Motherwell and just before he signed for Birmingham City on a free transfer. He has only continued to improve massively since then and is now the best goalkeeper in the Championship. Archer has 133 appearances at Championship level so he surely can't be that bad and, whilst I don't have much faith in our coaching or recruitment team, if he has the right attitude to improve similar to how Randolph did from the age of 26 year old then I would be pretty happy with the signing.

We need to start recruiting far more shrewdly so hopefully Archer can turn into a good signing, if we actually do want to sign him following his trial. Fans won’t like to think about it but Randolph is out of contract at the end of next season and it would make sense for us to cash in on him at some point instead of allowing him to leave on a free transfer.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, p_mards said:

It’s worth noting that Jordan Archer is still only 26 year old, which is pretty young for a goalkeeper, so if he continues to improve then he could turn out to be a shrewd signing. It's worth noting that when Randolph was around 26 year old he was playing for Motherwell and just before he signed for Birmingham City on a free transfer. He has only continued to improve massively since then and is now the best goalkeeper in the Championship. Archer has 133 appearances at Championship level so he surely can't be that bad and, whilst I don't have much faith in our coaching or recruitment team, if he has the right attitude to improve similar to how Randolph did from the age of 26 year old then I would be pretty happy with the signing.

We need to start recruiting far more shrewdly so hopefully Archer can turn into a good signing, if we actually do want to sign him following his trial. Fans won’t like to think about it but Randolph is out of contract at the end of next season and it would make sense for us to cash in on him at some point instead of allowing him to leave on a free transfer.

Jesus he's only 26? Feels like he's been around forever!

Goalkeepers are a position that really don't require a huge amount of money spent on within the Championship. When we signed Dimi nobody could have predicted him being our number one during a promotion season.  Cardiff got promoted with 27 year old Neil Etheridge who they signed on a free transfer from League One Walsall. I can't see how anyone can rationally write off Jordan Archer.