oneBoro Forum

January transfer window 19/20 season Post Mortem

8 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Good job he'd only be 3rd choice if we signed him, then.

Lol yeah, I wouldn’t put much stock in my opinion anyway, I’ve only seen him play around 10 times. Hardly a big enough sample size (although I’ll maintain that he’s been poor in every one of those games). But as p_mards says, he’s only 26 and could be a shrewd signing 

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.   Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody s

@Lurker, @diggerlad07 @Smoggydownsouth and all the other ITK posters. Thank you for all the ITK info you guys share. Think i speak for everyone when i say it is much appreciated. Without it the l

Roberts is done. As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k. Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham.    5 more

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, RealSlimSladeyy said:

Lol yeah, I wouldn’t put much stock in my opinion anyway, I’ve only seen him play around 10 times. Hardly a big enough sample size (although I’ll maintain that he’s been poor in every one of those games). But as p_mards says, he’s only 26 and could be a shrewd signing 

To be fair, looking at his transfer history doesn't inspire much confidence but he played 24 league games for Millwall last season, he can't be that terrible even though they let him go.

Randolph's transfer history before he was 26 is Charlton, Welling United, Accrington Stanley, Gillingham, Bury, Hereford United, Motherwell and then Birmingham. That is similarly uninspiring if taken with great weighting. Archer kept 18 clean sheets during Millwall's 2017/2018 season in which they finished 8th so he can't have performed all that badly.

Good scouting and recruitment buys players at low points and sells them at high points. Just because Archer's stock is pretty low right now doesn't mean he can't become a good goalkeeper in future.

I seem to recall Archer having a good season that year, p_mards. I didn't see much of him but do seem to recall him being down as one of the better keepers in the division that year. If he's coming in as a Randolph replacement, I'd actually expect to see him at least 2nd-choice ahead of Mejias.

10 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

I seem to recall Archer having a good season that year, p_mards. I didn't see much of him but do seem to recall him being down as one of the better keepers in the division that year. If he's coming in as a Randolph replacement, I'd actually expect to see him at least 2nd-choice ahead of Mejias.

I can't think of any other reason for us to bring in a goalkeeper on trial to be honest.  Conspiracy theories aside, we're not adding another goalkeeper to the wage bill unless we're letting one go and Randolph is the only one we have worth anything.

4 hours ago, p_mards said:

Goalkeepers are a position that really don't require a huge amount of money spent on within the Championship. When we signed Dimi nobody could have predicted him being our number one during a promotion season.  Cardiff got promoted with 27 year old Neil Etheridge who they signed on a free transfer from League One Walsall. I can't see how anyone can rationally write off Jordan Archer.

Neil Etheridge has always been a quality goalie though; it's been his application that let him down and I think he'd be the first to tell you that.

Even back at school you could tell he would go on to big things if he applied himself.

2 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Neil Etheridge has always been a quality goalie though; it's been his application that let him down and I think he'd be the first to tell you that.

Even back at school you could tell he would go on to big things if he applied himself.

Nice subtle bit of name dropping Brunners 😜

23 minutes ago, Blanco said:

Nice subtle bit of name dropping Brunners 😜

Lol I knew him in school but haven't talked to the fella in nigh on 15 years. Always followed his career though because it's just cool to see someone you knew succeed.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Brunners said:

Lol I knew him in school but haven't talked to the fella in nigh on 15 years. Always followed his career though because it's just cool to see someone you knew succeed.

Only if they are decent people, I was at school with a current pro aswell and him, his brothers and group of friends wernt exactly a friendly bunch. That said you can’t take away the achievement of making a career as a premiership footballer.

14 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

Only if they are decent people, I was at school with a current pro aswell and him, his brothers and group of friends wernt exactly a friendly bunch. That said you can’t take away the achievement of making a career as a premiership footballer.

yeah fair enough. He was always one of your traditional sporty kids in school, but I played on the team for a year or so so we were kinda okay. Wouldn't say we were close, but I didn't dislike him!

1 hour ago, northern boro said:

Boro are looking at Fleetwood's Wes Burns according to Alan Nixon who says Gibbo will fund a couple of "bargain January captures"

IIRC we were apparently looking at him in the summer too.

3 minutes ago, Brunners said:

IIRC we were apparently looking at him in the summer too.

Balked at Barton's 1.5 million pricetag was where interest ended apparently.

Definitely seems to have dipped from last season he's played 15 games all at RW/RM got 4 assists 0 goals can imagine Fleetwoods asking price would be lower, not sure he's for us to be honest but he has graft and pace something we lack so maybe we'll move for him again?