oneBoro Forum

January transfer window 19/20 season Post Mortem

11 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Doesn't even stand out in League One but yeah just buy him anyway.   Our club motto should be 'At this point, who cares?' but in Latin to make it look clever and that.

20191110_160530.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.   Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody s

@Lurker, @diggerlad07 @Smoggydownsouth and all the other ITK posters. Thank you for all the ITK info you guys share. Think i speak for everyone when i say it is much appreciated. Without it the l

Roberts is done. As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k. Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham.    5 more

Posted Images

I loath the club for selling key players even if it makes sense because I simply have no faith in our recruitment to replace them with anyone that's any good! Like with Ayala he's 29 next year when his contract ends be 30 so we should maybe move him on and get a 22 year old centre back in  who has their prime ahead of them. But these signings are literal gambles for the club to make shown by Bola, Dijksteel and Browne. I just have no faith in our scouting set up at all when was the last time the club signed a genuine gem of a player

• Like 1
10 hours ago, DurhamRed said:

I loath the club for selling key players even if it makes sense because I simply have no faith in our recruitment to replace them with anyone that's any good! Like with Ayala he's 29 next year when his contract ends be 30 so we should maybe move him on and get a 22 year old centre back in  who has their prime ahead of them. But these signings are literal gambles for the club to make shown by Bola, Dijksteel and Browne. I just have no faith in our scouting set up at all when was the last time the club signed a genuine gem of a player

Although I agree with most of your post I have to disagree with moving on Ayala.

Gibson has to come up with the cash to fund his new contract.

29 is not a old age for a good centre back he still as a good 4 years in his locker if not more. But what you really have to ask is does he want to carry on playing at Boro with all the turmoil that surrounds the club and the future not looking so bright. 

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Motor Mouth said:

Although I agree with most of your post I have to disagree with moving on Ayala.

Gibson has to come up with the cash to fund his new contract.

29 is not a old age for a good centre back he still as a good 4 years in his locker if not more. But what you really have to ask is does he want to carry on playing at Boro with all the turmoil that surrounds the club and the future not looking so bright. 

I agree that we need to keep Ayala. I just doubt we can offer half of what Fulham, Stoke and Leeds could offer. You have to think aswell if Gibson is planning on running the club as cheap as he can then I doubt he wants to offer Ayala half of what hes on now.

I can't find a single reason why Ayala would want to extend his contract. Certainly not a footballing reason  and I have no doubt that he will be offered a better deal elsewhere. I understand that he has a local wife but is that really enough when he is offered a much better deal elsewhere in a team that is actually moving forward? I doubt it.

I'd hope we'd cash in on Ayala we should have done in the summer but 1-2 mill's better than the 0 we'll get in the summer. We were never renewing Friend/Ayalas contract's they were signed in the PL even with relegation I guarantee they're touching 25-30k a week we should have cashed out sooner, Randolph and Fletcher are about to hit 18 months left in January we need to start getting money from them. Howson will walk into a playoff team next summer probably with a wage bump they'll view him as a 7 mill freebie he could win our POTS he'll still walk his next contract will be his last and biggest I imagine.

Friend/Howson/Gestede/Johnson/Shotton are about to be gone that's 17/18 million flushed the only 1 it looks like we can get money on at this point is Dani he's gotta go. 

10 minutes ago, SmogDane said:

Apparently we want Gibson on loan... 

Sell Dani and get Ben in.. that wouldn't be the worst scenario.

It would be an odd scenario as we can't afford any bugger at the moment and Gibson must be on more money than Ayala and most of the rest of them 😕