oneBoro Forum

January transfer window 19/20 season Post Mortem

2 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

It would be an odd scenario as we can't afford any bugger at the moment and Gibson must be on more money than Ayala and most of the rest of them 😕

But the money would stay in the family 😛

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.   Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody s

@Lurker, @diggerlad07 @Smoggydownsouth and all the other ITK posters. Thank you for all the ITK info you guys share. Think i speak for everyone when i say it is much appreciated. Without it the l

Roberts is done. As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k. Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham.    5 more

Posted Images

Wouldn’t make sense to me, it’s our attack that needs money spending. I’m just assuming here but with what little we would get for Ayala I can’t see it being worth it.

With a loan fee and covering Gibson’s wages the financial gain probably won’t be much and adding a cb won’t really improve us. 

Ideally we would spend a bit of money we get from Ayala on some kind of forward and put shotton or McNair in the right of a back 3.

8 hours ago, Borodane said:

I can't find a single reason why Ayala would want to extend his contract. Certainly not a footballing reason  and I have no doubt that he will be offered a better deal elsewhere. I understand that he has a local wife but is that really enough when he is offered a much better deal elsewhere in a team that is actually moving forward? I doubt it.

His wife isn't a local, I think she's from down south.

11 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

lmao selling Ayala and bringing back Gibson on loan - you really can't make this *** up.

We can't afford what Ayala wants to extend his contract so unless Burnley are going to pay all of Gibson's wages to come here then it's absolute ***.

While we await what happens in January, you can enjoy these lovely pictures! 😛 

https://www.rebelcircus.com/blog/24-frustrating-photos-will-trigger-ocd/4/

21 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

Wouldn’t make sense to me, it’s our attack that needs money spending. I’m just assuming here but with what little we would get for Ayala I can’t see it being worth it.

With a loan fee and covering Gibson’s wages the financial gain probably won’t be much and adding a cb won’t really improve us. 

Ideally we would spend a bit of money we get from Ayala on some kind of forward and put shotton or McNair in the right of a back 3.

We are already threadbare at CB, so if we lose ayala we will certainly have to replace him. To get a player of his quality in well probably have to spend more than we get for him. Otherwise were just weakening one position to spend a pittance on another position which probably wont improve very much.

I dont see the point personally unless were at the point where the financial issues are threatening our continuation as a club.

Signing Ben Gibson on loan and not signing any attacking players is the type of thing this club normally does. 

Uncle Steve will be totally seduced by the idea of having another Teessider back at the club. 

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Duvel said:

Signing Ben Gibson on loan and not signing any attacking players is the type of thing this club normally does. 

Uncle Steve will be totally seduced by the idea of having another Teessider back at the club. 

We’re in November and people are already in meltdown for what we haven’t done in January

• Haha 2

Echo reporting that Stoke want Friend too, but the club are trying to tie down both Ayala and Friend to new deals.

Not sure how much truth there is in that, but I find it nicer to believe than us trying to sell Ayala during a relegation battle.

The number 1 priority is signing a pacy Adomar like winger! Why sign Ben Gibson he has hardly played any football since he was at Boro so will need to get his fitness back that'll take about 2 months the season and his loan be pretty much done then

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

The number 1 priority is signing a pacy Adomar like winger! Why sign Ben Gibson he has hardly played any football since he was at Boro so will need to get his fitness back that'll take about 2 months the season and his loan be pretty much done then

Good point DR and lets not forget Gibson will not come cheap his wages and his loan fee will almost take  up the money we may get from Ayala. Loaning players some forget can be as costly as purchasing a player plus like you say we would have to get him match fit and there is the chance that we could end up pushing him to hard and he becomes even costlier sitting about injured. But not to worry I suppose uncle Stevie will give him a seat next to him to watch the games whilst recuperating. 

I agree a winger and possibly dare I say a decent striker.

• Like 1

If we sell Ayala .. (if he wants to leave, he will leave) if no new contract can be agreed, then we need a new defender who knows what to do and how to slot in (Ben).  If Burnley want him ready for next season, they might want to pay a big share of his wages, if we promise he is a starter when fit. So it could be a good thing, which still would free up some money for a winger. 

So it's not certain it's like just all gloomy you know, dear friends! 😉

It's maybe/probably a slip up by the journo in that Echo piece but he says Clayton's contract's up next summer?

I've always put him in the 2021 bracket with Randolph and Fletcher not sure if he knows something we don't or if that last year's a option but I found that interesting. We're signing new players on 7-12k a week why would we try to renew at this point we can't match their current wage yet alone the promised signing fees and wage bumps other Champ teams will pay them seems like fantasy to even contemplate not selling in January we should cash out on as many as we can even if it's too late.