• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.   Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody s

@Lurker, @diggerlad07 @Smoggydownsouth and all the other ITK posters. Thank you for all the ITK info you guys share. Think i speak for everyone when i say it is much appreciated. Without it the l

Roberts is done. As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k. Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham.    5 more

Posted Images

On 11/11/2019 at 9:28 AM, Borodane said:

I can't find a single reason why Ayala would want to extend his contract. Certainly not a footballing reason  and I have no doubt that he will be offered a better deal elsewhere. I understand that he has a local wife but is that really enough when he is offered a much better deal elsewhere in a team that is actually moving forward? I doubt it.

Listening to his interview following the match last Sat he did say that he would prefer to remain here and he was aware that any contract offered would not be as good as his current one.  Maybe he doesn't consider money to be the be all and end all, and is happy with his lot. 

Time will tell of course. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, SmogDane said:

If we sell Ayala .. (if he wants to leave, he will leave) if no new contract can be agreed, then we need a new defender who knows what to do and how to slot in (Ben).  If Burnley want him ready for next season, they might want to pay a big share of his wages, if we promise he is a starter when fit. So it could be a good thing, which still would free up some money for a winger. 

So it's not certain it's like just all gloomy you know, dear friends! 😉

Except that we can't afford him unless the club have been misrepresenting things of course.  How much money do people think we could get for a Championship defender who is out of contract 6 months later?  Ayala is a good Championship defender but no more than that.

44 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

As far as I know, Clayton is to 2021, unless as you say that last year is an option. In that case, I suspect if the option is with the club that we won't extend.

It was announced on the club's website that the contract was up until 2021.  There were no mentions of options but I don't suppose there would be.

3 hours ago, mendieta420 said:

We’re in November and people are already in meltdown for what we haven’t done in January

It was a comment not a meltdown, sorry if it offended you. 

50 minutes ago, Birdie said:

Listening to his interview following the match last Sat he did say that he would prefer to remain here and he was aware that any contract offered would not be as good as his current one.  Maybe he doesn't consider money to be the be all and end all, and is happy with his lot. 

Nice to know that money isn't the sole motivator for all players. God knows we need him to stay more than most.

Must be the parmos... 🤪

• Like 1

Unlike most I don’t hold out much hope for any changes come the transfer window because who would want a player from a poor performing club and what would he be worth. Who would you expect to join a club in a relegation battle with no future, and even if there was someone daft enough, it would take months to settle in while during the period it would disrupt the team. Who is to say Woody has a future and the only reason we will see any change is to lower the wage bill, not strength the squad. Strap in it’s going to be another long season that can’t end soon enough but we won’t be relegated. 

• Sad 1
On 11/12/2019 at 3:16 PM, sanddancer said:

Unlike most I don’t hold out much hope for any changes come the transfer window because who would want a player from a poor performing club and what would he be worth. Who would you expect to join a club in a relegation battle with no future, and even if there was someone daft enough, it would take months to settle in while during the period it would disrupt the team. Who is to say Woody has a future and the only reason we will see any change is to lower the wage bill, not strength the squad. Strap in it’s going to be another long season that can’t end soon enough but we won’t be relegated. 

Agree with most of this, but I'm far from confident about us retaining Championship status.

If we can use the decent performance against QPR as a springboard and start picking up points more often, we might end up quite comfortable.

Knowing Boro though it'll be a last-game-of-the-season nailbiter. 

Nervous Ted Striker GIF by filmeditor

12 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Reports that Posh want £13m for Ivan Toney. I suspected it would be but that's surely a non-starter.

£13 mill for a player who has never performed at a level higher than league one, I hate football. Makes Britt look a good bit of business.

On 11/12/2019 at 1:43 PM, Birdie said:

He seems to be more than happy here, obviously he's looked after his interest to be in a good position, probably enough money to keep himself, & his family secure & seems to be happy in his surrounding, we critisise players for been too greedy & not showing any loyalty to the club,  Danial Ayala is showing it in abundance, which is admirable in this day & age, a player we should be keeping at the club at all costs

A great signing by Mark Venus, with all the hard work done by Tony Mowbray before been dismissed,  he must be kept at all costs, long enough to earn a testimonial, selling the likes of DA will result in one way for us, down 

• Like 2