• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.   Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody s

@Lurker, @diggerlad07 @Smoggydownsouth and all the other ITK posters. Thank you for all the ITK info you guys share. Think i speak for everyone when i say it is much appreciated. Without it the l

Roberts is done. As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k. Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham.    5 more

Posted Images

I am not suggesting we should sign him but asking more to see how people would feel if we showed n interest given our current financial restraints and failed to land our main striker targets. Jordan Rhodes on loan. I see he not even making Sheff Wed match day squads.

1 hour ago, TheLeftFooter said:

Is Cauley woodrow worth considering?

young, can score & probably more in our price range - esp if we could get them to take (say) Fletcher in exchange.....

I think Barnsley will still want about £4m minimum for him given he they best player and i don't think we can afford that outlay at moment on 1 player but i could be wrong

12 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

I am not suggesting we should sign him but asking more to see how people would feel if we showed n interest given our current financial restraints and failed to land our main striker targets. Jordan Rhodes on loan. I see he not even making Sheff Wed match day squads.

There's a reason for that.

He's rubbish and has been for years.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

There's a reason for that.

He's rubbish and has been for years.

Oh i defo agree he has lost his way but reason i put his name forward is firstly that we are no longer shopping at the top end of market so cant be too picky. Secondly i read today that Britt has scored 20 league goals since start of last season. 14 more than any other boro player. That means our 2nd highest scorer is on 6. Rhodes has same despite being a sub all last season and having not kicked a ball this season.

I agree he has been poor for years now but still probably an improvement on anything we got after Britt. Scary realisation. Haha.

Jack Clarke is heading back to Spurs as they arnt happy with his lack of game time.

He will probably be sent out to another club in Jan, what with Woody and Keanes connections at Spurs that could be a likely deal and add us abit of pace and quality on the wing

I mentioned this before, but we completely lack any real spark/creativity. If we are to utilise the window, that would be my priority. Maddison at Peterborough would be at the top of the list.

Also think it's worth having a look at Kieran Sadlier (Doncaster), he was playing in the Irish league up until Jan this year, so some of our Irish posters may have had a look at him. And Tariqe Fosu (Oxford), again I'm sure we have a poster who watches Oxford (@trekkers I want to say?), so they may be able to give a better insight. But both play out wide and both have been going pretty well in League 1.

2 hours ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

I mentioned this before, but we completely lack any real spark/creativity. If we are to utilise the window, that would be my priority. Maddison at Peterborough would be at the top of the list.

Also think it's worth having a look at Kieran Sadlier (Doncaster), he was playing in the Irish league up until Jan this year, so some of our Irish posters may have had a look at him. And Tariqe Fosu (Oxford), again I'm sure we have a poster who watches Oxford (@trekkers I want to say?), so they may be able to give a better insight. But both play out wide and both have been going pretty well in League 1.

I've seen him play for Cork City a lot. He's a flair player who played on the wing a lot despite wanting to play either #10 or up top, doesnt really have the physicality though. Good technical player and has good vision. I'm not sure he's really up for the Championship though.

I was bored on the train home from a works course earlier this week so I drew up a list of wide attacking players and strikers that might be available in January. It is just a bit of fun really so feel free to add your own suggestions. 

I am aware we are likely to f*@k up the winter window like we have every window for the last 4 or so years but we live in hope (desperate hope).

WIDE PLAYERS

1.       Marcus Maddison

2.       Wes Burns (Fleetwood)

3.       Jack Clarke (Loan)

4.       Jordan Ibe (Loan)

5.       Solly March (Loan)

6.       Jahanbakhsh (Loan) Lad at Brighton who scored 20 goals in one season for AZ Alkmaar but has struggled since moving to PL)

7.       Robbie Brady (Loan - might want game time ahead of ROI play offs)

STRIKERS

1.       Billy Sharp (Loan)

2.       Vokes (Loan)

3.       Nketiah (Loan if Arsenal recall)

4.       Troy Parrott (Loan)

5.       Vydra (Loan)

6.       Rhodes (Loan)

7.       Wickham (Loan)

8.       Clarke Harris (Bristol City striker)

from that list if we got Maddison in a cut price deal along with loans for Clarke and one of the first 5 strikers listed i would be very happy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
8 hours ago, Changing Times said:

Someone over on FMTTM reckons that Ayala is off to Fulham in January 😕

Lets hope they're wrong. Last thing we need is to lose our only capable defender.

Last I read on here is that he's actually happy to stay. But I suppose if someone makes a decent offer, we can't afford to say no. 😢

Losing Ayala would be a disaster for us. Still think hes as good as any cb in the league imo.

But I couldn't blame the lad. After his probable last pay day, can see Boro showing zero ambition and hes likely getting offered considerably less to stay with us.

What a horror of a season that could have easily been avoided by Gibson showing a small amount of ambition in securing a couple of those loan deals. I think 99% of the people on here could see that starting the season with a inexperienced manager plus the likes of Fletcher and Johnson as our starting attacking players would only end one way.

From Tony Pratlis to this...... we've got to be due a up soon haven't we?

• Like 1