• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.   Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody s

@Lurker, @diggerlad07 @Smoggydownsouth and all the other ITK posters. Thank you for all the ITK info you guys share. Think i speak for everyone when i say it is much appreciated. Without it the l

Roberts is done. As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k. Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham.    5 more

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

So the loans will be to replace players we are selling then?

trouble is we will be spending the income from sales on loan fees. So will still very short come the end of the season.

45 minutes ago, Johnmfc81 said:

trouble is we will be spending the income from sales on loan fees. So will still very short come the end of the season.

If it was one in, one out (i.e. one sale per loan), we'd surely end up with more money at the end of it, plus less wages to pay for 6 months and much less wages to pay beyond that going into next year. The squad will look bare if we don't do permanent replacements but we should at least have some level of freedom going into the Summer to invest, maybe even enough to justify keeping someone like Ayala on board.

Risky though, our recruitment team still have to justify themselves to be any better than rubbish.

Don't know names or positions but was told we could've had a couple in the summer but chose not to get them. 

Getting them in as the squad is thin. 

Randolph will only go if we get what we want from them. As I said in the summer, he's happy here and not looking to go. 

Just now, Lurker said:

Randolph will only go if we get what we want from them. As I said in the summer, he's happy here and not looking to go. 

Well if his option is West Ham then you can kind of understand that. He's getting his game when he's fit, he's much loved by the fans, he's almost certainly well paid and he's in the Ireland team too. If he goes to West Ham, he'll very possibly be going back to the bench which could affect his chances of being in the Ireland team. Fans don't seem to want him back from what I've read and whilst he'd probably be paid more there, is it enough?

Obviously, if January comes and we aren't looking great come the end of the window, he may want to jump ship. I'm sure right now there are better teams than us that he could be just as big a part of. If they're willing to pay, I think he'll maybe want to go.

I honestly don't see the point in Boro signing many loan players as after all we need to be building a squad to achieve promotion in the next two seasons. So permanent signings are the best bets that are young but of higher quality than Bola, Dijksteel and Browne. Loans are only worth the money if they are icing on the cake in a promotion bid. This moment in time I regard them as being a waste of finance that we should be spending on players that are committed to the club for the next 3 seasons not leaving in the summer and we somehow need to find the money for replacements then. 

16 minutes ago, Lurker said:

How much do you reckon we want if you have an idea? 8 mil?

23 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Don't know names or positions but was told we could've had a couple in the summer but chose not to get them. 

Getting them in as the squad is thin. 

He'll be going in the next 18 months either way.

Those other players must be good if they couldn't crack this squad in the summer 😱

2 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

I honestly don't see the point in Boro signing many loan players as after all we need to be building a squad to achieve promotion in the next two seasons. So permanent signings are the best bets that are young but of higher quality than Bola, Dijksteel and Browne. Loans are only worth the money if they are icing on the cake in a promotion bid. This moment in time I regard them as being a waste of finance that we should be spending on players that are committed to the club for the next 3 seasons not leaving in the summer and we somehow need to find the money for replacements then. 

Higher quality players than Bola, Dijksteel and Browne either require more money, which we won't spend/don't have, or a scouting department capable of unearthing gems, which we don't really appear to have currently.  If we did, surely we'd not have bought the three named.

As to promotion in the next two years, the only promotion we need to even consider at this time would be from League One.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

He'll be going in the next 18 months either way.

Those other players must be good if they couldn't crack this squad in the summer 😱

And no other club wanted them on a season long loan. 😐

For the life of me can’t understand why we have abandoned buying in the foreign market. Our best value buys have came from that route and I can count only a handful of occasions where overpaying on England-Based players has worked out. Would involve Bausor and Bevington getting off their *** and doing something for a change I suppose.. 

• Like 1

Was at a conference last week where Kasper Hjulmand, Denmarks future national coach was a guest speaker, He took us through his career and how he works with talents and taking his former club from nothing to champions with one of the smallest budgets in the league. He is absolutely magnificent at working with young players and player management. He was the guy I wanted when we signed Monk, Pulis and Woodgate. Oh well, back to my point. To make a club succesfull you need three pillars; strategy, know-how and ressources. 85% of succes in professional football comes from having more ressources than your rivals; money wins medals. If you haven't got money you at least need a clear strategy that is followed 100% by everyone at the club and you need know-how in key positions. As he said that my heart sank a bit because it's pretty clear that we have neither. There was talk of a strategy in the summer but that is no-where to be seen. Know-how😂 Just look at aour recruitment team and rookie management team!

Bonus info: players born in the first half of the year are more likely to make it. They are usually picked first when clubs/trainers pick out who they want to work with when they are very young - 7/8 years old. This gives them a huge advantage in their development. Hjulmand provided an example; he attended a youth tournament in Turkey at a point where some of Europes top clubs were present. Out of 192 players only 6 were born in the last six months of the year😲 That said there are obviously plenty of players who come from behind and outshines, but in youth football the top talent pool is dominated by players born earlier in the calender year. T

The current danish u16 team has two players born later than july and tha'ts in september

The u18 has one in october and one 1 december. The rest is pre July

The u19 has two in november. The rest is pre august.

The u20 has one in September. The rest is earlier.

The u21  has five players after august. 

• Like 3