oneBoro Forum

January transfer window 19/20 season Post Mortem

8 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

Would be typical of us.

One of the lowest scorers in the league, blows half the budget on a center back.

A CB that has barely played in 2 years on top of that.

Hes from the Boro though! Jobs for the boys!

• Like 2
  • Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.   Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody s

@Lurker, @diggerlad07 @Smoggydownsouth and all the other ITK posters. Thank you for all the ITK info you guys share. Think i speak for everyone when i say it is much appreciated. Without it the l

Roberts is done. As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k. Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham.    5 more

Posted Images

We’re currently playing with a midfielder in defence and have a 16 year old Wood as backup with Shotton injured. Getting a defender in seems fairly reasonable. That said we obviously need pace and creativity. 

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Dan1234 said:

A CB that has barely played in 2 years on top of that.

Hes from the Boro though! Jobs for the boys!

As others have said, we do actually need another CB. 

It's all about whether it's Ben Gibson, or Ben Gibson AND some attacking players.

• Like 2
9 hours ago, Brunners said:

As others have said, we do actually need another CB. 

It's all about whether it's Ben Gibson, or Ben Gibson AND some attacking players.

Do we really though? How about we sign some attacking players that allows woodgate to go back to his favoured 433 then at best we may need a short term cover Cb. Not waste our supposed tiny budget on someone who is on huge wages comparatively and pretty much would need the rest of the season to get up to speed in anyways.

45 minutes ago, Dan1234 said:

Do we really though? How about we sign some attacking players that allows woodgate to go back to his favoured 433 then at best we may need a short term cover Cb. Not waste our supposed tiny budget on someone who is on huge wages comparatively and pretty much would need the rest of the season to get up to speed in anyways.

I'm not sure Ben would need that long to get back up to speed. He knows the club inside out, and I'm sure he'd rebuild his partnership with Ayala pretty quickly. Providing his wages aren't indecent, it's a good move all round.

(Let's ignore the fact that leaving for Burnley was a bad move in the first place, even if it seemed sensible at the time.)

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Dan1234 said:

Well yes, we do, we are so short at cb we have played a midfielder there for the last 4 games because we have ONE injured cb. Our backup cb is 17 years old.

Yes, we do need a cb.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Brunners said:

Well yes, we do, we are so short at cb we have played a midfielder there for the last 4 games because we have ONE injured cb. Our backup cb is 17 years old.

Yes, we do need a cb.

Technically speaking, we played a midfielder there because the manager insists on playing three central defenders even when we don't have them available.  I suspect Friend is viewed as a central defender as well but really who knows.  Trying to understand how people at this club think is a sure fire way of driving yourself insane.

Selling Randolph to fund lots of loan signings would be a bit short sighted.

17 hours ago, LinoJo3 said:

Would be typical of us.

One of the lowest scorers in the league, blows half the budget on a center back.

It's the type of thing this club usually does.

If you go back to the Mowbray era he was told there was no money for transfers then Gibson went out and brought Woodgate back to the club behind Mowbray's back. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Alexander Milosevic according to someone on another forum but that would be January not in the summer.

He'd be on a free as he left Forest in October so that's no surprise. He also scored against us in April...