oneBoro Forum

January transfer window 19/20 season Post Mortem

The whole shotton and appearance scenario is completely wrong.

Shotton is out injured. Injured his knee and ankle in the draw at Huddersfield but somehow managed to carry on.

Shotton wants to move back down to the Midlands area for family reasons and Wigan and Stoke are apparently wanting to take him off our hands in January for a very small fee knowing that he's out of contract in the summer.

Shotton is apparently on 15k a week 

• Thanks 1
  • Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.   Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody s

@Lurker, @diggerlad07 @Smoggydownsouth and all the other ITK posters. Thank you for all the ITK info you guys share. Think i speak for everyone when i say it is much appreciated. Without it the l

Roberts is done. As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k. Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham.    5 more

Posted Images

If we sell Randolph I wouldn't mind getting Serbian keeper Aleksander Jovanovich, Proved himself to be one of the top keepers in Denmark before moving to Huesca last summer. Had a bit of an indifferent season as Huesca was relegated La Liga. He cost them about 700k and they are willing to let him go. I'd say 500k would do it. Even a loan with a view to buy would likely be accepted, as Huesca allowed him to go out on loan this fall but is going back to them on 1 January. Brilliant shot stopper and is certainly good enough for this league. He's better on the line than out in the area though. 

• Like 1
11 hours ago, nunthorpered said:

Probably a dummy offer they knew would get rejected just so it looked like they were trying, to appease the fans. Also see the Gazette PR machine churning out recycled Ayala articles today. Must be kicking rocks in the office

Or maybe Boro actually don't value a League 1 player who is out of contract in the summer at more than about 500k. Look at the other League 1 players we've signed in the summer. It's not like they've just made the step up. I doubt any championship club is going to pay more than 1 million for him in january let alone 2,5 million if that's what Peterborough want. I expect him to stay at Posh if that's the kind of money they expect.

• Like 2

I do worry Maddison could be another Dijksteel or Bola - a promising young player who doesn't successfully make the step up to a higher division quickly (if at all). There's a significant disparity between League One defending and Championship defending, which would make his life far harder than it currently is.

As such, I'm not sure he deserves a seven-figure price tag, and I don't see a bidding war leading to an inflated asking price, either. If Peterborough do want £2.5 million, I suspect they'll be wanting it for some time.

• Like 2

In Peterboroughs position they'll probably be better off just keeping him in their battle for promotion. He's extremely important to them and they are unlikely to recieve bids that will activate the clause. So how low will they go before it's better to just keep him and reap the financial rewards of promotion? I suspect it's higher than any Championship club is willing to pay.

• Like 1
56 minutes ago, RiseAgainst said:

I do worry Maddison could be another Dijksteel or Bola - a promising young player who doesn't successfully make the step up to a higher division quickly (if at all). There's a significant disparity between League One defending and Championship defending, which would make his life far harder than it currently is.

As such, I'm not sure he deserves a seven-figure price tag, and I don't see a bidding war leading to an inflated asking price, either. If Peterborough do want £2.5 million, I suspect they'll be wanting it for some time.

He has more pedigree than the two of them put together to be fair to him. Both bola and dijksteel had about one season each, Maddison has been putting up pretty nutty figures in league one for like 3 seasons in a row now.

2 minutes ago, Brunners said:

He has more pedigree than the two of them put together to be fair to him. Both bola and dijksteel had about one season each, Maddison has been putting up pretty nutty figures in league one for like 3 seasons in a row now.

He's still just a League 1 player who at 26 years old has yet to test himself in a higher league. He's probably at the hight of his ability while the other two are significantly younger and might still improve as footballers. I'm not trying to dismiss Maddison but taking his contract situation and experience so far I wouldn't be comfortable paying over 1 million for him.

18 minutes ago, Borodane said:

He's still just a League 1 player who at 26 years old has yet to test himself in a higher league. He's probably at the hight of his ability while the other two are significantly younger and might still improve as footballers. I'm not trying to dismiss Maddison but taking his contract situation and experience so far I wouldn't be comfortable paying over 1 million for him.

All valid points. I just disagree with the idea that he is just another dijksteel or bola. 

4 hours ago, Borodane said:

If we sell Randolph I wouldn't mind getting Serbian keeper Aleksander Jovanovich,

When I read this bit I was really confused and it didn't make any sense to me.

4 hours ago, Borodane said:

Proved himself to be one of the top keepers in Denmark before moving to Huesca last summer.

But then I read this bit and everything fell into place.  I don't mind admitting that I was worried about you for a moment 😎

27 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

When I read this bit I was really confused and it didn't make any sense to me.

But then I read this bit and everything fell into place.  I don't mind admitting that I was worried about you for a moment 😎

😘 Can only suggest players that I've actually seen play.