oneBoro Forum

January transfer window 19/20 season Post Mortem

11 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

That's not the type of talent we need you to identify 🤨

I dunno. If we had a keeper with a Beyonce / Kardashian type butt, they'd just need to stand facing the crowd the whole game. 😁

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.   Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody s

@Lurker, @diggerlad07 @Smoggydownsouth and all the other ITK posters. Thank you for all the ITK info you guys share. Think i speak for everyone when i say it is much appreciated. Without it the l

Roberts is done. As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k. Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham.    5 more

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, OldManGravz said:

forums pants GIF

I can't just leave that low hanging fruit dangling.....

I was just waiting for that reply. I’m sure CT didn’t reply as he didn’t want to embarrass his son on here. 

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, AnglianRed said:

I dunno. If we had a keeper with a Beyonce / Kardashian type butt, they'd just need to stand facing the crowd the whole game. 😁

I wonder if there's a rule in the FA laws of the game that says players can't have implants? Kim Kardashian's *** would be a great shot-stopper, which is ironic considering she's been the cause of many unclean sheets over the years.

Actually, player implants probably aren't banned, because I'm pretty sure Lee Tomlin had a stomach implant for a while.

• Haha 3
1 minute ago, RiseAgainst said:

I wonder if there's a rule in the FA laws of the game that says players can't have implants? Kim Kardashian's *** would be a great shot-stopper, which is ironic considering she's been the cause of many unclean sheets over the years.

Actually, player implants probably aren't banned, because I'm pretty sure Lee Tomlin had a stomach implant for a while.

GIF by Kim's Convenience

For some strange reason Woody thinks other teams would have a keen interest in watching and possibly buying our players, now I would have thought people would be interested in something that works and not faulty. This possibly  leads me to believe Woody thinks he is doing a good job and someone needs to have a word because he wants to keep the squad and strengthen it. The later, as in strengthening is not hard to achieve because let’s face it anyone who can put a ball in the net, preferably the opposing team, pass and receive, defend, actually be mobile will stand a pretty good chance. I think there is secret message behind his statement in, expect the same team to be playing it’s going to be hard dumping s@@t. 

On 12/18/2019 at 2:38 PM, Borodane said:

You don't like butts😲

A shapely butt with firm shaped breasts for me any day. . I can’t stand big saggy water balloons or pumped up butts, and I honest don’t get why people like them. I know a pretty fit guy who goes nuts over big chubby women, honestly I thought it was a wind up but I promise you I’m not lying. 

Nothing wrong with liking a bit of meat on your bones!

Back on topic, and re the comment about people watching our players, it'd be strange if they weren't. We have a scattering of internationals, some renowned Championship players, we've spent most of the last five years knocking on the door of the playoffs, and we're clearly in a mess right now. Agents and avaricious managers will be circling like vultures, hoping they can land Britt, Randolph or the other sellable components of our squad at a bargain price.

Nobody, and I think I can say this with confidence, will be surveying Browne or Gestede. But when you consider how many Championship clubs would love to have our best players, I can imagine every match at the Riverside has a decent number of scouts in attendance.

• Sad 1
11 minutes ago, RiseAgainst said:

Nobody, and I think I can say this with confidence, will be surveying Browne or Gestede

The hell of it is, if we did manage to offload Gestede, I could see him doing a great job for another club...provided he managed to stay injury-free.

But yeah, the Riverside must be like a cattle market right now, with other clubs looking to line up bids for January.

3 hours ago, sanddancer said:

A shapely butt with firm shaped breasts for me any day. . I can’t stand big saggy water balloons or pumped up butts, and I honest don’t get why people like them. I know a pretty fit guy who goes nuts over big chubby women, honestly I thought it was a wind up but I promise you I’m not lying. 

Best derailment of 2019. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, AnglianRed said:

The hell of it is, if we did manage to offload Gestede, I could see him doing a great job for another club...provided he managed to stay injury-free.

I'm not sure Gestede will ever do a great job again. He had one prolific season at Blackburn, but (a) it was five years ago and (b) he was playing alongside Jordan Rhodes. It was one of those partnerships that just naturally clicked, but he hasn't replicated that relationship or form anywhere before or since. Plus, his size means he's probably viewed by many prospective clubs as a lone striker - hold it up and knock on to ACMs, etc.

And as you point out, he's perpetually injured. That's a shame for any professional sportsperson, but does rather mean his career is likely to fade away rather than burn out.

To me, Gestede's signing reflects everything that's wrong with modern football. And I suspect the absence of interest from other clubs up til now reflects the fact that all his Christmases came at once when he was offered his current contract. He won't be that lucky twice.

55 minutes ago, RiseAgainst said:

I suspect the absence of interest from other clubs up til now reflects the fact that all his Christmases came at once when he was offered his current contract. He won't be that lucky twice.

I don't think his contract is why clubs aren't looking at him... I think it's more down to the fact he's managed a grand total of 430 minutes of football in the last 2 years. Or even better 4 goals in 3 years.