oneBoro Forum

January transfer window 19/20 season Post Mortem

1 hour ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

Apparently we're holding out for £5m from West Ham for Randolph: 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/dec/20/west-ham-middlesbrough-darren-randolph

It says they're at 3 million right now and we want 5 not miles apart, I'd take 4 million he's entering the last 18 months why do we need to hold his wages when our ambitions are limited I hope we end up selling him, holding him to appease fans would be silly.

Wes Foderingham is a solid playoff level GK whose available for 6 figures, younger and cheaper he aint an upgrade but he'll do for me. At the other end of the pitch I'm really hoping we aren't going for Clarke-Harris and Cosgrove not at the 2+ million they're touted at and Maddison's got 6 months left on a league 1 contract if we go higher than 500-700k we're mad.

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.   Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody s

@Lurker, @diggerlad07 @Smoggydownsouth and all the other ITK posters. Thank you for all the ITK info you guys share. Think i speak for everyone when i say it is much appreciated. Without it the l

Roberts is done. As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k. Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham.    5 more

Posted Images

Randolph is on a wage that we simply won't be willing to give him again if we are to extend his current contract. He's worth every penny of his wages, but we just simply can't afford it considering the pressing need to cut our wage bill. As we aren't going to be able to renew his contract it would be terrible business to let a 32 year old player (33/34 when his contract expires) leave the club on a free transfer in 18 months time. The price of £3 million is slightly below the ballpark that I would settle for, however, the financial situation of the club means we're going to have to sell him either January or next Summer. So yes we should be open to selling him, but the key factor to me is when should we sell him. I'd much rather we sold him next Summer for a cheaper price than sell him in our current precarious position. However, if we can find a good bit of form before the end of January and we can get in a good replacement then my concerns about selling him would be alleviated somewhat. It's these decisions that well run football clubs get right. Hopefully the club don't mess this up like they have with many of their recent key decisions.

Maddison link is interesting given his stats. 26 with stats like that, he deserves a chance of playing at a higher level, and whenever I have seen him for Peterborough, he's one of those players who has a lot of confidence and will have a go from anywhere, which our players seem to lack both of.

7 hours ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Gestede isn't going anywhere fast on 45k a week. Millwall offered him 15k in the summer and he turned them down flat.

He's costing us a bloody fortune.

Since when did his contract increase from 30k to 45k. I just can’t believe that it’s 45k. 

3 hours ago, SouthernSmoggie said:

Apparently we're holding out for £5m from West Ham for Randolph: 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/dec/20/west-ham-middlesbrough-darren-randolph

Hate to say I told you so but...

*smug mode*

I told you so.

We were never going to make a profit on him. Especially not selling back to the club we bought him from.

2 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

*smug mode*

I told you so.

We were never going to make a profit on him. Especially not selling back to the club we bought him from.

I hate to say but I’ve just had it confirmed that you are 100% correct. The deal is already done.

To clarify the bit I hate is that my hometown probably won’t have another Boro player in the next few decades and it’s sad to see him go, not that you are correct.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

*smug mode*

I told you so.

Usually you only get to say I told you so based on facts, mate. I'm sure January will hold a special place in your heart when he leaves for that amount though.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Blanco said:

I hate to say but I’ve just had it confirmed that you are 100% correct. The deal is already done.

To clarify the bit I hate is that my hometown probably won’t have another Boro player in the next few decades and it’s sad to see him go, not that you are correct.

4 hours ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

*smug mode*

I told you so.

According to Rob over on FMTTM, Randolph was asked directly if he was leaving and said that he isn't leaving and that he's been playing through an injury for three months.  So you're both wrong and we can all relax now 🤨

1 hour ago, Changing Times said:

According to Rob over on FMTTM, Randolph was asked directly if he was leaving and said that he isn't leaving and that he's been playing through an injury for three months.  So you're both wrong and we can all relax now 🤨

Nice one I’ll have a serious word with his mother. Maybe she was winding me up?

7 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

Usually you only get to say I told you so based on facts, mate. I'm sure January will hold a special place in your heart when he leaves for that amount though.

It won't, I don't want to see him leave as he's one of my favourite players. 

He deserves better than this club, though. The way we treat our goalkeepers is atrocious.

12 hours ago, Blanco said:

Nice one I’ll have a serious word with his mother. Maybe she was winding me up?

Maybe she doesn't like you and she's giving you duff information?

I can't believe that a footballer, one of the noblest professions, men of honour all, would lie to the fans like that.

• Haha 1