oneBoro Forum

January transfer window 19/20 season Post Mortem

25 minutes ago, TAPOUT said:

He said he wants to play the high press. He sort of tried it but did not have the players to do it. He probably needs to add 4 or 5 to attempt that again, though I am not sure if its a good idea to re attempt that, given the position we are in. Maybe too much of a gamble at this moment in time. The concern for me is the recruitment. His 3 signings have hardly set the world alight up to now and because we are paying some players too much salary we have to shop in the bargain basement.

Of the players linked I dont see a great deal of pace or width so it may just be a case of bulking out the thin squad and continuing as we are until summer.

I agree about Pears. He hasn’t let us down at all.

Ive only seen us on tele and highlights....when would you say we abandoned the high press? For me, it worked vs Luton and we were unlucky not to win and then every time ive seen us we barely pressed as a unit. 

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.   Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody s

@Lurker, @diggerlad07 @Smoggydownsouth and all the other ITK posters. Thank you for all the ITK info you guys share. Think i speak for everyone when i say it is much appreciated. Without it the l

Roberts is done. As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k. Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham.    5 more

Posted Images

Jelly Vossen available on loan or nominal fee I have heard. Wonder if Woody would be tempted to bring him back? After all he did play alongside him.

Please can someone start the free Jelle Vossen thing again on Twitter and see if we can drum up some interest to make the club aware he's available as our scouting system are completely useless these days.

• Like 4
3 hours ago, TLF10 said:

Haha cheeky. Sure there was talk they bid £11m around this time last season. He certainly not got worse in last 12 months imo. Literally would not even consider selling Britt unless they doubled that offer and even then i would want as close to £15m as possible.

Teams will know that Britt has 18 months left on his contract and we need his wages off the wage bill. I'd be surprised if we could get much more than 6m for him to be honest. 

6 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Jelly Vossen available on loan or nominal fee I have heard. Wonder if Woody would be tempted to bring him back? After all he did play alongside him.

Please can someone start the free Jelle Vossen thing again on Twitter and see if we can drum up some interest to make the club aware he's available as our scouting system are completely useless these days.

I loved jelle vossen. Great player

• Like 5
1 hour ago, diggerlad07 said:

I loved Jelle but He’s an attacking midfielder I wonder who’s place he could take 🤔

1 hour ago, diggerlad07 said:

Off to Cercle i think. Thought he was a class player

4 hours ago, TLF10 said:

FAO of those ITK regarding randolph.

1. He definitely going in Jan?

2. Any idea on fee?

He says he isn't but his mam says he is.  If they are like any other family in the world then when your mam says something that's the end of it so he's probably leaving.

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

I thought he was under rated in that season and did all the donkey work making bamford and Kike excel more.

I thought he was no more than ok and that it was 5 years ago.  We have enough donkeys to do the work as it is 🙂

6 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I thought he was no more than ok and that it was 5 years ago.  We have enough donkeys to do the work as it is 🙂

He aw he aw he always says that

• Haha 1
41 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

I thought he was under rated in that season and did all the donkey work making bamford and Kike excel more.

I'm not really fussed about what he was back then, TBH. I agree, he was alright, not worth the asking price of the time perhaps but he was alright. He's also not going to solve any of the problems we have in this team, right now.

If it was Britt out and Vossen in with a profit made, I'd not be totally against that but as CT has said also, it was 5 years ago now so God knows if he's even still the player he was then.