oneBoro Forum

January transfer window 19/20 season Post Mortem

I think we need at least 2 incomings if the squad remains as it is. If we lose players it should be players to replace the position of the player we have sold plus 2. 

It's a difficult to see what we will do or what our aims are for the rest of the season though. We are playing well now but our squad is paper thin. We are now as close to the play offs as we are the relegation zone. Gambling on promotion by adding to the squad numbers, maintaining our position by keeping the squad as it is and weakening the squad all have big risks.  

• Like 1
  • Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.   Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody s

@Lurker, @diggerlad07 @Smoggydownsouth and all the other ITK posters. Thank you for all the ITK info you guys share. Think i speak for everyone when i say it is much appreciated. Without it the l

Roberts is done. As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k. Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham.    5 more

Posted Images

1 minute ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

Just to save any disappointment, can we all agree to expect no signings whatsoever?

I will guarantee now we won't get Maddison, Toney or Clarke-Harris. Maybe and it's a big maybe, we will get some cheap loans and lose a few big earners

Happy New Year to you to...

• Haha 2
Just now, Smoggydownsouth said:

Happy New Year to you to...

I am happy with our progression under Woody and think we will have a better second half of the season but we need to be realistic.

There is no money to spend and we have an awful record in the transfer market, let's not fill ourselves full of false hope.

11 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

I am happy with our progression under Woody and think we will have a better second half of the season but we need to be realistic.

There is no money to spend and we have an awful record in the transfer market, let's not fill ourselves full of false hope.

Just a bit of banter mate apologies if it seemed rude. Agreed cash is limited.. let's see what we can generate through sales.

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Just a bit of banter mate apologies if it seemed rude. Agreed cash is limited.. let's see what we can generate through sales.

No not at all, I wasn't intending to come across negative or grumpy either. It's finding the balance between expectations and reality.

Hopefully we can strengthen our financial position whilst getting a better balance in the squad to push on in the second half of the season.

Edited by SzilardNemethsCurtains
2 hours ago, BoroMart said:

Could be recalling Zack Hemming, as 3rd choice Keeper rather than splash out?

Haven't heard anything about Hemming to be honest, but using one of the youth keepers instead of a third keeper is probably what I would imagine us to do.

I think this may be a busy window for ourselves, gonna gamble on the very unlikely 4 out and 5 in:

INS:

Maddison - Permanent 

Striker - Permanent 

CB - Permanent 

Experienced utility defender - Loan

Winger - Loan

OUTS (all permanent):

Britt

Randolph

Ayala

Shotts

Burnley made an enquiry about Wood but their valuation of him was significantly lower than what it would take for us to let him leave considering he signed a new deal 6 months ago. He has been watched by both City and United. JW says he is one of the most naturally talented youngsters he has ever worked with and could potentially be one of the best defenders to come out of the club. 

35 minutes ago, Ayresome7 said:

Burnley made an enquiry about Wood but their valuation of him was significantly lower than what it would take for us to let him leave considering he signed a new deal 6 months ago. He has been watched by both City and United. JW says he is one of the most naturally talented youngsters he has ever worked with and could potentially be one of the best defenders to come out of the club. 

Seriously are we the only club Burnley look at for CBs or what? After what they did to the last good CB we sold them I don't wanna consign any more of our promising players to their bench

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Solely dependant on what we can generate... 4 ins wanted plus if we sell they will need replacing.

6 ins lined up. No names or positions yet. Has gone up from earlier in the month which suggests more outgoings than expected. 

• Like 2
18 minutes ago, Lurker said:

6 ins lined up. No names or positions yet. Has gone up from earlier in the month which suggests more outgoings than expected. 

Sounds like someone is busy behind the scenes. Cant see Bevington having done a lot so makes me wonder who is guiding such an overhaul?