• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.   Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody s

@Lurker, @diggerlad07 @Smoggydownsouth and all the other ITK posters. Thank you for all the ITK info you guys share. Think i speak for everyone when i say it is much appreciated. Without it the l

Roberts is done. As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k. Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham.    5 more

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Roberts is done.

As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k.

Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham. 

5 more in. Woody thinks we’re ahead of where he wanted us to be at this stage. Gibson is fully behind him and hasn’t shirked at all. 

Any further names? 🙂

1 hour ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Gonna throw this out there... Howson is an absolute must to tie down if we are continuing with the youth policy... he is the consummate professional in my opinion. I know he isn't everyone's cup of tea but he is the sort of bloke you would take into war with you.

Surely you couldn’t find many Boro fans who don’t rate him? A 7/10 minimum every game, most of which he is out of position. Completely agree he’s a must along with Dani 

1 hour ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Gonna throw this out there... Howson is an absolute must to tie down if we are continuing with the youth policy... he is the consummate professional in my opinion. I know he isn't everyone's cup of tea but he is the sort of bloke you would take into war with you.

I will admit that I've always been one of Howson's biggest critics. Reason being, when he was playing in midfield, I didn't think he offered us enough either going forward, or defensively.

However, he has been fantastic this season. His versatility and professionalism this season have been invaluable. And having seen his defensive qualities this season I really think he could do a job for us playing in a defensive midfield role.

10 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

@Lurker just wondering if you have the same info on Ben as I do... would love to return but Burnley refusing to do business

Any idea whether the club are looking for a main goalkeeper or is it a back up to Pears since randolph is going?

Just now, Smoggydownsouth said:

Pears stays no1

To be fair to the lad he’s doing a good job and deserves a shot at the number one for the season 

• Like 1

Roberts could be a coup compared to Van La Parra 12 months ago... Yeesh.

The next name the Echo had is Jordan Jones, I'm surprised he'd be available but he'd make alot of sense as for Randolph going I'm all for it especially if that money helps us sign a striker. At least we seem proactive on ins and outs rather than waiting all window on a Bolasie/Mitrovic/Wickham.

Make no mistake Roberts is a Premier League footballer and would be a fantastic signing. I remember watching him a number of times for Celtic and he was different class. That solo goal he scored in the Champions League against Man City showed what he could potentially do on his day.

If this is indeed the direction the club is moving towards then exciting times ahead.

• Like 4