oneBoro Forum

January transfer window 19/20 season Post Mortem

12 minutes ago, Blanco said:

And they are bringing in Wayne Rooney on what will surely top dollar wages. They can’t even pay the players who are there now 😂

To be fair 32 Red are paying his wage 

• Like 1
  • Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.   Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody s

@Lurker, @diggerlad07 @Smoggydownsouth and all the other ITK posters. Thank you for all the ITK info you guys share. Think i speak for everyone when i say it is much appreciated. Without it the l

Roberts is done. As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k. Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham.    5 more

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

To be fair 32 Red are paying his wage 

Surely that amounts to third party ownership?

Derby really do laugh in the face of the EFL

2 minutes ago, Blanco said:

Surely that amounts to third party ownership?

Derby really do laugh in the face of the EFL

As noted it is because he is a player coach, iirc a large chunk of his wage doesnt count to ffp.

Also I dont know if they are officially paying it or if it is just because they totally coincidentally agreed a new sponsorship deal right in time to sign rooney.

• Thanks 1

A positive of our recent vast improvement in form is that it will give the club more confidence to make brave decisions such as selling those players whose contracts are running out that we can still raise a good fee for them such as Randolph and Assombalonga. If we sold them two then we may be able to sign some good younger and cheaper players who the club seem to be extremely keen on. Selling them players may also help the club afford to keep a few of the players whose contacts expire at the end of the season like Ayala and Howson. This transfer window may be a case of us taking one step back in order to make two steps forward.

• Like 3

Can't wait to see Roberts in a Boro shirt, loved watching this kid for England and Celtic and exactly what we've been missing someone to run at defenders he'll be one of them players for us where the mood of the stadium changes as soon as he gets the ball, championship Messi.

• Like 1

This run of form could not have came at a better time.

A month ago we all thought we were stumbling into January with the hope we wouldn’t be too far adrift in the relegation zone by then. I can’t imagine the likes of Patrick Roberts and Ben Gibson would be strongly linked if that had been the case. 4 or 5 strong incomings and who knows. 

Raising just under £15m for Britt and Randolph I’d take right now. Are we missing them at all in the team? 

Gestede also putting himself right in the shop window too will definitely help that situation along. 

I never cease to be amazed at some of our fans. Wanting to sell proven good players to take a punt on "good younger players". The money they think we can raise from the likes of Assombalonga and Randolph is always way more than the  reality of any offers. The facts are as follows:

1. Some of our top players were signed for higher than market rates and we will not recoup our investment.

2. They were also signed on over the top weekly pay that no one is likely to match, so their transfer value is reduced further.

3. Every other club is looking for these "good younger players" whoever they are and our own position regarding these signings is no better than any other clubs. Furthermore our record at identifying and signing such players is exceptionally poor.

4. On the other hand our record at developing our own players has been much better than the average.

So in my opinion forget wholesale changes to the squad. invest in the good players we have, resigning the better ones if possible and letting the poorer ones go, and develop what we have in our junior ranks.

My biggest worry if players like Roberts and Gibson come in is their lack of play time and fitness, by the time they are up to speed most of the season will have gone. More than happy if either end up here though. 

Think we all need to learn from how we wrote Woody off, not saying he’s the finished article but there has been an undoubted improvement. 

Not sure how everyone else feels but I think there’s a real player in Marcus Browne and we all seem to have discarded him completely. He’s got everything; talent, desire and passion but at the end of the day he’s still a kid in his first season of professional football. Think we need the same level of patience that we had with Adama 

14 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

Think we all need to learn from how we wrote Woody off, not saying he’s the finished article but there has been an undoubted improvement. 

Not sure how everyone else feels but I think there’s a real player in Marcus Browne and we all seem to have discarded him completely. He’s got everything; talent, desire and passion but at the end of the day he’s still a kid in his first season of professional football. Think we need the same level of patience that we had with Adama 

Second season at least, he played a full year for oxford last season.