oneBoro Forum

January transfer window 19/20 season Post Mortem

4 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Why did Bevington lose his job, Lurker?  Do you happen to know?

I don’t know. Probably to do with us wanting to put something new together. 

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.   Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody s

@Lurker, @diggerlad07 @Smoggydownsouth and all the other ITK posters. Thank you for all the ITK info you guys share. Think i speak for everyone when i say it is much appreciated. Without it the l

Roberts is done. As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k. Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham.    5 more

Posted Images

38 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

Things going around twitter about Patrick Roberts to Leeds. Hope they don’t swoop in last minute

The thing is if Roberts went to Leeds he'll just be taking the place of Clarke sat on the bench. If he wants game time his best bet is the Boro.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

Clarke and Roberts either side of Fletcher would be a big improvement but must admit we still need some real pace in my opinion. 

I thought Clarke and Roberts were both quick? As is Coulson and Spence. A bit more trickery in the middle would be nice. 

10 minutes ago, Borodane said:

I thought Clarke and Roberts were both quick? As is Coulson and Spence. A bit more trickery in the middle would be nice. 

Personally would describe them more as tricky, certainly not slow but I’m talking the sort of pace defenders are terrified of in behind. 

2 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

Personally would describe them more as tricky, certainly not slow but I’m talking the sort of pace defenders are terrified of in behind. 

We need pace as in quick decision making and quick passing, there’s more to football than just pure pace. It’s rare to get a player like Traore who can actually control the ball at pace.

After what we’ve had the last few seasons Roberts and Clarke would do me fine.

• Like 2
46 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:
1 hour ago, Lurker said:

Looking at putting together a new recruitment team

Finally this has only needed doing for about a decade

Yeah, but Bevington didn't put the old one or the current one together and as he was appointed to head recruitment then you'd assume that if we wanted to do something new then he'd be the one tasked with doing it.  For him to leave at this point in time because we want to do something new doesn't really make much sense.  I'm surprised more people aren't wondering about it all.

7 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Yeah, but Bevington didn't put the old one or the current one together and as he was appointed to head recruitment then you'd assume that if we wanted to do something new then he'd be the one tasked with doing it.  For him to leave at this point in time because we want to do something new doesn't really make much sense.  I'm surprised more people aren't wondering about it all.

Perhaps he was tasked with changing the recruitment team and process but failed? 

24 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

Are you saying a potential front 4 of...

Roberts——Tavernier——Clarke

——————Fletcher—————

with Spence and Coulson as full backs isn’t enough pace? As others have said, there’s no point in just bringing in players with pace and nothing else. We want players who have pace but also can beat a man, play quick one twos, know how to use their pace with good movement off the ball and link up with other teammates playing fast tempo football. 

Walcott and Traoré are probably quicker, in terms of raw pace, than the likes of Sterling, Mane, Bernardo Silva, Mahrez, Messi, etc. but I know which set of players I’d be choosing if given the choice. 

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Perhaps he was tasked with changing the recruitment team and process but failed? 

Possibly although I don't know if there's any evidence for that.  You're the ITK chaps, if you get a chance ask around and see what gets said or don't if you think it's boring and you're not bothered 🙂