oneBoro Forum

January transfer window 19/20 season Post Mortem

1 hour ago, DurhamRed said:

The thing is if Roberts went to Leeds he'll just be taking the place of Clarke sat on the bench. If he wants game time his best bet is the Boro.

He probably thinks he's gonna be capable of getting in the first team though

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.   Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody s

@Lurker, @diggerlad07 @Smoggydownsouth and all the other ITK posters. Thank you for all the ITK info you guys share. Think i speak for everyone when i say it is much appreciated. Without it the l

Roberts is done. As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k. Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham.    5 more

Posted Images

30 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Yeah, but Bevington didn't put the old one or the current one together and as he was appointed to head recruitment then you'd assume that if we wanted to do something new then he'd be the one tasked with doing it.  For him to leave at this point in time because we want to do something new doesn't really make much sense.  I'm surprised more people aren't wondering about it all.

I don't know what's gone on so I'm just guessing but we're looking to change things, it may be that he was out of his depth. 

It's going to be different personnel, not a new model. It already started in the summer with a couple of analysts going. 

20 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Possibly although I don't know if there's any evidence for that.  You're the ITK chaps, if you get a chance ask around and see what gets said or don't if you think it's boring and you're not bothered 🙂

When I asked the first time I was told it came out of the blue... will ask again on sunday for you CT no problem

3 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

What’s happening with Britt? It’s all been a bit quiet recently, hasn’t been linked anywhere.

Still think he goes... that said I think if Bristol City get Nketiah then I'm not sure where else... forest want a big name striker as well.... not sure he is good enough for Prem so perhaps Leeds as well as they need a replacement for Nketiah 

8 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

It's not about what he thinks, it's the club who decides and Leeds don't have a great record with loanees actually playing

Jack harrison has played 27 games for them this season, comes from the same parent club as Roberts. City might see it beneficial for them to be playing together. If the leeds interest is genuine I cant see us beating them to him.

10 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

Still think he goes... that said I think if Bristol City get Nketiah then I'm not sure where else... forest want a big name striker as well.... not sure he is good enough for Prem so perhaps Leeds as well as they need a replacement for Nketiah 

Leeds seem to be looking for a loan to replace Nkeitah. Probably can’t afford Britt

12 minutes ago, Smoggydownsouth said:

I think Celtic had an interest in the summer. Not sure how solid it was. 

8 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Jack harrison has played 27 games for them this season, comes from the same parent club as Roberts. City might see it beneficial for them to be playing together. If the leeds interest is genuine I cant see us beating them to him.

Harrison has been the exception rather than the rule though and is another reason why they are unlikely to send Roberts there. They have already have Harrison, Costa, Clarke, Pablo Hernandez, Alioski and Tyler Roberts who can play there and Biesla likes to keep a settled side.

They'll be in for a striker rather than a wide player, you'd imagine

13 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

I think it will be tougher, certainly for the player, but I think we've got a pretty good case to put forward. Perhaps if they were to take Harrison back if there was some Prem interest then maybe they would send Roberts there but as it is, they're both pretty similar players who occupy one of the available places in the team and I think Leeds would have to do some justifying to allow for having both in the team when they couldn't even play a player they knew all the qualities of and has been brought back to Spurs.

2 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

Harrison has been the exception rather than the rule though and is another reason why they are unlikely to send Roberts there. They have already have Harrison, Costa, Clarke, Pablo Hernandez, Alioski and Tyler Roberts who can play there and Biesla likes to keep a settled side.

They'll be in for a striker rather than a wide player, you'd imagine

TBF, Clarke has gone back to Spurs, Alioski seems more likely to play left-back and Roberts more likely to play up front.