oneBoro Forum

January transfer window 19/20 season Post Mortem

Good to see us move early and bring in a player in an area we are short in. I'd also say he is a definite improvement on Browne and Johnson.

But I am a pretty unenthused about Roberts. He has never really performed other than at Celtic and as Boro fans we know how well players from the Scottish league tend to do.

I do hope that I am wrong though as him doing well in turn will probably mean us doing well!

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.   Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody s

@Lurker, @diggerlad07 @Smoggydownsouth and all the other ITK posters. Thank you for all the ITK info you guys share. Think i speak for everyone when i say it is much appreciated. Without it the l

Roberts is done. As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k. Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham.    5 more

Posted Images

Just now, mendieta420 said:

I guess this means the end of Marvin Johnson and probably Spence if Clarke comes as well.

It'll be interesting to see what formation he goes to if he gets the wingers he craved preseason. Personally I'd love to see Spence and Coulson as the 2 fullbacks in a back 4 and move Howson to battle with Clayton for that DM slot. 

5 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

I guess this means the end of Marvin Johnson and probably Spence if Clarke comes as well.

Spence is a RB and given Dijksteel injured he will still be involved imo as he only RB we have. Even if Howson plays RB spence will still be needed imo

2 minutes ago, mendieta420 said:

If playing 343 you would have Ayala, howson and fry at the back, coulson, Spence, wing/tav, Seville/mcnair/Clayton in midfield and Roberts, Clarke and fletcher up front Maybe?

Roberts is maybe the first coup signing we've made in 3 years? If we get Clarke, a striker and a centre back in... Well they aint being signed to finish 13th I'd suggest there's a whiff of ambition in Roberts/Clarke.

dumb and dumber applause GIF

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Alves car salesman said:

Surely it means

pears

Spence Howson Ayala Fry Coulson

Paddy Sav

Tav Roberts

Fletcher 

If Clarke comes in then it becomes even harder to pick the attacking players. Can’t leave out Tav with his form

Really hope any signings coming in don’t displace the promising youngsters we have coming through. Tav and Coulson have been amazing and have to keep their spots, Spence has looked equally impressive in a slightly shorter sting.

Really happy with Roberts signing and I hope Woody has a plan to fit him in without dropping the players above. 

• Like 3
Just now, Will said:

Really hope any signings coming in don’t displace the promising youngsters we have coming through. Tav and Coulson have been amazing and have to keep their spots, Spence has looked equally impressive in a slightly shorter sting.

Really happy with Roberts signing and I hope Woody has a plan to fit him in without dropping the players above. 

Spence and coulson should keep their places you would think. Tav has been amazing recently so it would be hard to leave him out too. Lovely to have some options though now