oneBoro Forum

January transfer window 19/20 season Post Mortem

5 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

Guardian said WHU value at 3 we want 5 shouldn't be too hard meeting in the middle at 4?

Nothing against Randolph but he's on silly money we have a sizeable fee wrapped up in him plus he has 18 months left. I hope we don't hardball too hard I don't hear many other suitors mentioned lately and if losing his wages covers Ayala/Howson extensions it makes perfect sense.

Tom Heaton got injured yesterday. Could our old friends at Villa come in for Randolph?

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sorry I just needed to see kids as off to London tomorrow until saturday.   Randolph - West Ham tried to renegotiate with us and wanted a loa  as they couldn't be sure with injury... woody s

@Lurker, @diggerlad07 @Smoggydownsouth and all the other ITK posters. Thank you for all the ITK info you guys share. Think i speak for everyone when i say it is much appreciated. Without it the l

Roberts is done. As someone has said, Ayala is on £25k a week. Don’t know what he’s been offered but I can’t believe it would be £5k. Randolph is gone, assume it’s West Ham.    5 more

Posted Images

1 hour ago, RiseAgainst said:

Wish we could send Mark Page out on loan. Ideally a permanent one.

haha! In fairness to him, my main beef was the MAX VOLUME setting of his microphone - which they seem to have strangely sorted out in the last few games so there's hope for the future. Unless he's just finally blown the speakers.

Given that the other option of announcer appears to have the same IQ as a banana skin, I'd rather keep MP with the lower volume.

I hate the way he announces the additional time at the end of each half the exact same way every game though... and it also bugs the life out of me how he makes such a big deal of the attendance. I might start a petition to provide him with some new banter lines.

1 minute ago, Duvel said:

So would I but West Ham know as well as we do that he's got 18 months left on his contract. 

We might not be desperate but I think our financial situation means we need rid of him this month.

I’m desperately trying to cling on to the only man from my home town playing for Boro Duvel 😱

• Sad 1
24 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

Honestly, I'd only really understand selling Assombalonga, Gestede or Randolph in this window.

We could replace Assombalonga or Gestede, both cost far too much and one is out of contract.

Randolph is valuable and at a fair age still, and is easily our best keeper, but isn't essential.

I’d also happily sell Browne, Johnson or Saville. Although can’t imagine we would get many takers!

I’m still not convinced about Pears as our main keeper, I’d only sell Randolph if he wanted to go. If he does, we’ll struggle to get more than 3Mil I feel. Pears could be a good keeper in time and it feels he’ll have both his dads strengths and weaknesses! Can’t catch a ball like his dad!! Canny shot stopper mind.. 

centre half 

centre forward 

creative midfielder please! 

1 minute ago, RiseSirAxlRose said:

I’m still not convinced about Pears as our main keeper, I’d only sell Randolph if he wanted to go. If he does, we’ll struggle to get more than 3Mil I feel. Pears could be a good keeper in time and it feels he’ll have both his dads strengths and weaknesses! Can’t catch a ball like his dad!! Canny shot stopper mind.. 

centre half 

centre forward 

creative midfielder please! 

He isn’t looking to go. He’s happy at Boro

12 minutes ago, Blanco said:

Tom Heaton got injured yesterday. Could our old friends at Villa come in for Randolph?

They could do with him... It's touch and go between wether I'd rather Dibble or Nylund between the sticks. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Just now, RiseSirAxlRose said:

I’d suggest that he’s happy to an extent but if a prem’ club comes in - with the potential for higher wages - he’d be happier to move, you think? 

Not according to what I’ve heard over here. He likes being first choice for club and country. If he goes and sits on the bench in the premier league it could damage his status as Ireland number one. 

3 minutes ago, RiseSirAxlRose said:

I’d suggest that he’s happy to an extent but if a prem’ club comes in - with the potential for higher wages - he’d be happier to move, you think? 

It seems like we want rid, because we cant afford his wages.

• Like 1